2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Wouldn't complain about him coming from DB U but I prefer Gowan.

I'd take Wade too.

Coming out of round 4 with Cox and Gowan would be ideal.  Then we grab A RB at the top of round 5 whoever falls Stevenson, Gainwell.

Ya I have a feeling Cox is the pick. Which I’m happy with. Not sure who will be there for that late 4th. It’s along gap between those picks. Can’t see Gainwell still there. But I do still really like Smith and Brown for OG. Maybe one of theM will slip to there

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I have a feeling Cox is the pick. Which I’m happy with. Not sure who will be there for that late 4th. It’s along gap between those picks. Can’t see Gainwell still there. But I do still really like Smith and Brown for OG. Maybe one of theM will slip to there

Brown is way too slow for OG in our system. Good player, suboptimal scheme fit. Same for Trey Smith. Our line is solid now, I wanna see us focus on other needs and let Saleh have some guys for his side of the ball.

Jabril Cox, followed by Kenneth Gainwell in round 4 would make this an A+ draft for me no matter what we do in rounds 5/6. I also really like Elijah Mitchell from ULL. We have a thing for Elijah's in this draft, why not?

If we get Jabril Cox, that's another pick where BPA meets need along with Moore and arguably AVT. Hard not to love what we're doing. Even the talking heads on TV are giving us our due. 

We are going to turn this thing around quickly, kind of like the Browns did.

25 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Brown is way too slow for OG in our system. Good player, suboptimal scheme fit. Same for Trey Smith. Our line is solid now, I wanna see us focus on other needs and let Saleh have some guys for his side of the ball.

Jabril Cox, followed by Kenneth Gainwell in round 4 would make this an A+ draft for me no matter what we do in rounds 5/6. I also really like Elijah Mitchell from ULL. We have a thing for Elijah's in this draft, why not?

Ya but last Elijah we drafted from Louisiana didn’t pan out. So not sure ;)

I know a lot like the RB from Oregon State. Haven’t seen much on him. Maybe he’s an option for us as well in the 5th

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

If we get Jabril Cox, that's another pick where BPA meets need along with Moore and arguably AVT. Hard not to love what we're doing. Even the talking heads on TV are giving us our due. 

We are going to turn this thing around quickly, kind of like the Browns did.

We’re setting up our new QB to succeed and that’s what’s important. He has receiving weapons and a good OL. Get a RB that makes a difference and we’re in business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I know a lot like the RB from Oregon State. Haven’t seen much on him. Maybe he’s an option for us as well in the 5th

Jefferson is nice. There’s a good amount of RBs left I think are worth taking shots on

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup. There are a handful of RBs that can help us. That's why I think it's best to wait until our late 4th.

Jefferson, Carter, Gainwell and Herbert are all similar types of RBs and are similarly skilled. Even a guy like Chuba Hubbard would be a good fit for us. That's 5 guys I'm perfectly fine with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I wonder if Cox’s fall is related to his age (he’s 23 already). 

Which is stupid.  So a team has him for 8-10 years instead of 10-12?

Plus teams get too worried about long term.  You may not even resign the guy in 3-4 years when his rookie deal is up.

He would be perfect to switch over to a Buffalo defense and run a lot of 4-2 with a 3rd safety or CB

If we are looking at CB (after getting Cox), like Mukuamu over Vincent and Gowan. Heres why:

Mukuamu

Ideal Role: Outside corner that can situationally play in the slot. Has some appeal as a slot safety/positionless sub-package defender. 

Scheme Fit: Zone, sub heavy.

Gowan

Ideal Role: Practice squad corner.

Scheme Fit: Cover 3 zone scheme.

Vincent

Ideal Role: Developmental slot cornerback that may need to transition to free safety.

Scheme Fit: Man Coverage.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Which is stupid.  So a team has him for 8-10 years instead of 10-12?

Plus teams get too worried about long term.  You may not even resign the guy in 3-4 years when his rookie deal is up.

He would be perfect to switch over to a Buffalo defense and run a lot of 4-2 with a 3rd safety or CB

Age is also related to physical maturity. Older age generally means less physical development remaining and also that you’ve spent your time beating up on players younger and less developed than you are. 

• Like 1