2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

I like Cox and we have a much better player developer at HC and on D, but he is very similar to Darron Lee. Hopefully a better motor and more athletic, all his deficiencies are exactly the same as Lees. Run lane recognition, trouble with contact, diagnosing the play, below average tackler. Hes really a pure coverage LB.

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I like Cox and we have a much better player developer at HC and on D, but he is very similar to Darron Lee. Hopefully a better motor and more athletic, all his deficiencies are exactly the same as Lees. Run lane recognition, trouble with contact, diagnosing the play, below average tackler. Hes really a pure coverage LB.

In his defense he had quite the jump from NDSU to LSU. So I expect a learning curve. He’s not a plug and play great starter. He will take a year or so. He’s a 4th rounder if we draft him, so it’s rare you get a star starter right away in this range

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

but he is very similar to Darron Lee

Perhaps, but it is a whole lot less painful having a 4th round player bust than a mid first. Plus Cox is more of an OLB whereas Lee was an ILB. Do I have that correct?

Lot of interesting guys left that I like

At RB - Kenneth Gainwell, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Jermar Jefferson, Elijah Mitchell, Kene Nwangwu

If wanna double up at WR - Amon St. Brown, Marquez Stevenson, Cornell Powell, Dez Fitzpatrick, Tamorrion Terry, Dax Milne

TE - Little weak here, but my favorite deep sleeper is Zach Davidson, look him up if havent seen his stuff yet

OL - Stone Forsythe, Tommy Doyle, Trey Smith, David Moore, Drake Jackson, Trey Hill, Jimmy Morrisey

Edge - Quincy Roche, Janarius Robinson, Rashad Weaver, Cam Sample, Elerson Smith, Tarron Jackson

LB - Cam McGrone, Jabril Cox, Justin Hilliard, Amen Ogbongbemiga

DB’s - Robert Rochell, Tay Gowan, Rodarius Williams, Deommodore Lenoir, Bryan Mills, Jamar Johnson, Caden Sterns, Tyree Gillespie, Josh Bledsoe, Darrick Forrest

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Really inclined to go OL here with Trey Smith or Stone Forsythe. 

I like Brown as well.

Really I just can’t see ya going O again. Saleh probably wants something new to work with.

Carter or Gainwell would be nice too

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Brown as well.

Really I just can’t see ya going O again. Saleh probably wants something new to work with.

Carter or Gainwell would be nice too

Saleh seems just as excited about these offensive guys as the offensive coaches. I think he just wants a good team.

Plus we got the D guys a lot of toys along the DL in Free Agency. Lawson, Rankins, and Curry should keep them busy. They are likely going to enjoy developing Q. And we also added Joyner. Our free agency was heavy on the defensive side.

This doesn't mean we won't go D. I just dont think the team is looking at it that way.

Edited by SDotNova

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Why did you have to bring up Darron Lee?  

There is a RB named Jake Funk out there. We have to get him just because of his name. 

I looked over a list and found some names I really like here or at least I can see challenging for a spot. 

RB

Carter, Gainwell, Hubbard, Roundtree III, Kylin Hill 

LB

Cox, Moses, McDuffie, Ogbongbemiga , Roche (maybe DE)

CB

Vincent, Mukuamu,

SS

Forrest, J.Johnson, Nasirildeen, Hufanga 

OL

Trey Smith, A.Jackson (RG), Hudson, Forsythe, Jack Anderson, Trey Hill

DL 

Shaka Toney, Jordan Smith, Weaver, Ogundeji

FB/TE

Ben MF Mason, Jacob Harris, any TE that is a Redzone threat. 

Edited by rickyt31

I wonder if Tamorrion Terry can convert to a move TE kind of like Enunwa. He would have to pack on some good weight, but his height and straight line speed make him a nice option on occasion and in the RZ.