2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wonder if we have deals in place for sole

of these FA CBs like Poole and Nelson if we didn’t draft CB early. Where they know since we didn’t get a star guy... that we will sign them.

We kind of need to bring Poole back at this point. As for outside CB, no one left is worthy of playing this year except maybe towards the end of the season. Our CB’s will not be good. Might as well just draft that developmental guy and roll with Davis and Hall. Let see if Davis can improve.

Sherman and Nelson may be fine for a year, but they bring little for a playoff run in 2022. If you can sell me on the fact that Sherman or Nelson can be a three year starter, then fine. I don’t believe they are anything more than a one year stop gap. And please do not bring up that we can get a top CB next year and he will be good right away. That is very rare for. can to be able to do that. I want the CB group to be ready to rock in 2022. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I know we are talking Jabril Cox here and I still hope we take him because coverage LBs are valuable, but does anyone think Blake Cashman has a place in this D?

I honestly don't know. He has flashed at times, but not enough to make me feel confident he can hold the OLB spot. If we add Cox and Blake beats him, I don't think anyone will be mad because it's a 4th round pick.

I think adding Cox is great for competition, depth, and adds to our flexibility at LB as a starter. At the very least, Cox becomes Davis replacement. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I honestly don't know. He has flashed at times, but not enough to make me feel confident he can hold the OLB spot. If we add Cox and Blake beats him, I don't think anyone will be mad because it's a 4th round pick.

I think adding Cox is great for competition, depth, and adds to our flexibility at LB as a starter. At the very least, Cox becomes Davis replacement. 

They have opposite strengths so having both is nice. Blake is the run defender where Cox is the coverage LB. Blake just cant stay on the field. 

Joe D being an offensive lineman, this clip has to make his balls tingle a little bit

Gainwell with just his receiving ability out of the backfield alone would make for a much needed piece in this offense

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

They have opposite strengths so having both is nice. Blake is the run defender where Cox is the coverage LB. Blake just cant stay on the field. 

I agree, and Cox ability to cover could be the reason why he would be a better system fit. The middle of the field gets killed when you don't have someone that can drop back in coverage in the 43. It's going to be a good competition for that spot. I think it's a win either way. 

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Any OG we pick on Saturday is probably as good or worse than Clark. I would stay away from OG. The tackle class is probably done as this point. 

Running Back is a “need” but I think getting a playmaker on defense and a tight end are our top two needs right now.

I agree - at this point I would continue to develop Clark in hopes he starts by next year at the latest

If health isn't a issue, I think Trey Smith is the one at OG who would start day 1. Now that it's day 3, I'd take a shot at him. If we pick him in the 5th and he doesn't work out, I doubt anyone will be mad that a 5th round pick wasn't a starter. 

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If health isn't a issue, I think Trey Smith is the one at OG who would start day 1. Now that it's day 3, I'd take a shot at him. If we pick him in the 5th and he doesn't work out, I doubt anyone will be mad that a 5th round pick wasn't a starter. 

As long as we pick Ben Mason with our other 5th

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

But not for us.