Day 1 Draft Day Thread

soflbillsfan

9 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Those don’t exist. Especially at pick 30.

Asante Samuel Jr is a versatile CB who can play slot and outside at #2 spot, with Taron and Levi walking next year this would have been a lock to start the season as well as long term. I hope they move up to get him but he would have been a cant miss, while I think his height is still an issue he is still a shut down corner. JOK a versatile LB where he can line up across the line and the bills could have gone back to a more traditional 4-3 similar to 2019 to me he was a cant miss as he can blitz and drop back in coverage, he fit Mcdermotts def to a T. Both could have been day 1 starters and with teams using more slot wr and te in the passing game this would have been a nice counter pick up. A guy who has played 14 games, has mechanical issues that need time to develop is a risk. I dont like the fact that with the needs at other positions where they are expected to contribute day 1 were out there you went with a project especially when you are trying to win now. 

9 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Asante Samuel Jr is a versatile CB who can play slot and outside at #2 spot, with Taron and Levi walking next year this would have been a lock to start the season as well as long term. I hope they move up to get him but he would have been a cant miss, while I think his height is still an issue he is still a shut down corner. JOK a versatile LB where he can line up across the line and the bills could have gone back to a more traditional 4-3 similar to 2019 to me he was a cant miss as he can blitz and drop back in coverage, he fit Mcdermotts def to a T. Both could have been day 1 starters and with teams using more slot wr and te in the passing game this would have been a nice counter pick up. A guy who has played 14 games, has mechanical issues that need time to develop is a risk. I dont like the fact that with the needs at other positions where they are expected to contribute day 1 were out there you went with a project especially when you are trying to win now. 

JOK is considered a project as well and fits teams that also went pass rush at the end of the 1st round. Rousseau is gonna get reps as a 3rd down guy immediately. It's not like hes gonna be sitting for a year learning on the PS. Hes gonna be in rotation from week 1.

If you look at the draft board there are alot of CBs and RBs available at end of 2nd/3rd rounds. Unfortunately that's not the case with edge rushers hence the run on that position at the end of the round. Every edge rusher in this draft is flawed in some way

I think everyone's BB had RB, CB and DE on the board in some order. We got a guy who as of Christmas time was a top 10-15 guy. I think the board fell bad for us at the end of the round as well 

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

JOK is considered a project as well and fits teams that also went pass rush at the end of the 1st round. Rousseau is gonna get reps as a 3rd down guy immediately. It's not like hes gonna be sitting for a year learning on the PS. Hes gonna be in rotation from week 1.

If you look at the draft board there are alot of CBs and RBs available at end of 2nd/3rd rounds. Unfortunately that's not the case with edge rushers hence the run on that position at the end of the round. Every edge rusher in this draft is flawed in some way

I think everyone's BB had RB, CB and DE on the board in some order. We got a guy who as of Christmas time was a top 10-15 guy. I think the board fell bad for us at the end of the round as well 

We will see, just not a pick I liked kind of like last year with Epenesa, I wanted Dobbins. I am not going to root for him to fail so no matter what the pick was it is what it is and the team sees something in him. I just havent been impressed with the dline and the constant changes that have been happening since Mcdermott took over this team. They have gone farther then anyone has taken this team so I trust them just leery about how they handle the front 4 on defense as it always seems to have taken a step back rather then forward as of late. 

I no longer want an RB and hope they do not take one unless he is a gadget type player who can play ST and take on a small role as there is no real upgrades to what we currently have. I am hoping they just go all defense this time around with a couple olineman 

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Only offensive players Buffalo should be adding is OL or WR IMO.

Bills can still get a home run threat from the wideout position and an upgrade at swing tackle and backup Center is more important then another RB to compete with our current 3 IMO.

I wouldn't be opposed to a day 2 TE

Knox is good, but he hasn't proven to me that he's our one and only guy

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’s very hard and rare to get a day 1 impact starter at pick 30 that doesn’t come with some type of concern.

No matter who Buffalo took last night, there would have been question marks.

I would have thought the fan base of the team that took Josh Allen understands that this team likes physical traits and doesn’t care about college stats. Guys take time to develop. We didn’t write Allen off last off season so I’m not sure why guys like Moss and Epenesa are being written off already as “rotational guys” only.

Right, look at the other guys taken in the back half range, they're all question marks and projects. You want a day 1 impact guy you need to trade back up into the first half or have a need at a position we do not have needs at. Bills took the BPA there. He's a gamble, everybody at that position is a gamble. 

Rousseau plays every spot on the line and can flex to rush LB if needed, he's everything you'd want in a late flier pick. I see no reason to take umbridge on a guy like that, personally. You're only gonna get guys with his value level and if Samuel continues to slide the Bills can trade up and nab him if he's their guy. 

I'd go RB on day 3 personally but if they like a guy they like a guy, I'm not gonna impugn Beane's drafting ability at all considering he's basically been perfect during his 3 here so far.

41 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Rousseau plays every spot on the line and can flex to rush LB if needed, he's everything you'd want in a late flier pick. I see no reason to take umbridge on a guy like that, personally. You're only gonna get guys with his value level and if Samuel continues to slide the Bills can trade up and nab him if he's their guy. 

I'd go RB on day 3 personally but if they like a guy they like a guy, I'm not gonna impugn Beane's drafting ability at all considering he's basically been perfect during his 3 here so far.

Most people say it takes about 3 years for you to really judge a draft class. Going by this theory the only draft with Beane at the helm that we can truly judge is 2018. At this point 2018 was an excellent draft obviously hitting on Allen and Edmonds along with solid depth pieces in Taron Johnson and Harrison Phillips. At this point the jury is still out on 2019 and 2020, but at this point I think they have been underwhelming. Oliver, Ford, Singletary, Knox, Epenesa, Moss, have not met or exceeded expectation in my opinion. Gabriel Davis, Dane Jackson, Tyler Bass, and Darryl Johnson have exceeded expectations. I do think some of these players can develop into reliable starters or solid depth pieces, but we could also look back at these drafts in a couple of years and see these classes as sub par overall.