2021 NFL Draft Day 1 GDT (No Spoilers)

Just now, Justone2 said:

Toney maybe. But i love Bateman(hence why i traded up when he dropped to the second round in TCMD).

I always forget about Toney. I could see that for sure 

We need increased likes for big events like the NFL draft. I've basically been out of likes for a week straight. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we go receiver in round 2 or trade up from our spot in round 2 to pick one, is there a receiver that Shanny would like more than Bateman? 

Elijah Moore  comes to mind immediately for me.. maybe Kadarius Toney

• Like 1
Just now, Forge said:

I always forget about Toney. I could see that for sure 

Toney is my guy and we've had a pre-draft "visit" with him. He fits our offense so well and would be so, so deadly.

• Like 1
Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Toney is my guy and we've had a pre-draft "visit" with him. He fits our offense so well and would be so, so deadly.

You're right @Forge. I need more likes!

46 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Good luck with Jimmy G.

Yeah, it's unfortunate they won't have a draft pick to spend on a QB today.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Good luck with Jimmy G.

pfffft .... LOL

You... do realize we are drafting a QB today right? Not tomorrow, not next year, literally in 4 hours. 

Just now, GW21 said:

I knew I should have waited! 

It's way gone. It was seriously at that spot for about 15 minutes. It's all the way back down to +450 now. 

Just now, pwny said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate they won't have a draft pick to spend on a QB today.

So...you're talking about at least one, if not two years before that QB is NFL ready.  Figure a year or two before they're likely playing at an elite level, and at that point what do the 49ers look like?  That's anyone's guess.  Let's not pretend like the 49ers are adding a Trevor Lawrence-level QB prospect.  They're likely picking between Trey Lance (a guy who has played in one meaningful game in the last 12 months) and Mac Jones (who is a glorified Kirk Cousins if all goes well).  I'll take my chances with Rodgers.

1 minute ago, N4L said:

pfffft .... LOL

You... do realize we are drafting a QB today right? Not tomorrow, not next year, literally in 4 hours. 

Yes.  I also believe that the 49ers are a better team with a healthy Jimmy G as their QB in 2021 then they are with Justin Fields, Trey Lance, or Mac Jones.

Just now, Forge said:

It's way gone. It was seriously at that spot for about 15 minutes. It's all the way back down to +450 now. 

lol. crazy times. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need increased likes for big events like the NFL draft. I've basically been out of likes for a week straight. 

Go bang on Webby's front door.  Or maybe hold a boom box outside of his bedroom window.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I had meetings for the last hour so naturally I'm like a million pages behind.