2021 NFL Draft Day 1 GDT (No Spoilers)

Forge

1 hour ago, 49ers fan said:

so all these reports that said there was friction and Kyle liked Jones while the scouts liked Lance were pretty much meaningless. 

I think the scouts liked Lance and were worried Kyle liked Jones and one or two was the source of some of this info. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JIllg said:
1 hour ago, 49ers fan said:

so all these reports that said there was friction and Kyle liked Jones while the scouts liked Lance were pretty much meaningless. 

I think the scouts liked Lance and were worried Kyle liked Jones and one or two was the source of some of this info. 

that does make some semblance of sense. Kyle did say that he didnt want his talent evaluators to know he liked Lance because he didnt want them to skew their opinions of Lance or with other guys. 

So maybe those reports were coming from scouts who were seeing the same rumors we were and then were freaking out like us LOL

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

Btw, Peter King's streak of missing the Niners pick but mentioning the alternative continues! Said we like McGlinchey but mocks us Smith. Said Kinlaw is a possibility but mocks us Tua. Said Lance could be the pick but goes with Jones. 

Can't wait for the disingenuous tweets a few years from now when people will find some Lance/Niners stuff and say the pick was known by everyone!! This regime tips off and leaks all their picks!!! 

Everyone did NOT know McGlinchey was the pick. He was brought up just before the draft but multiple players are linked to every team every year. Same with Lance and Kinlaw. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, Peter King's streak of missing the Niners pick but mentioning the alternative continues! Said we like McGlinchey but mocks us Smith. Said Kinlaw is a possibility but mocks us Tua. Said Lance could be the pick but goes with Jones. 

Can't wait for the disingenuous tweets a few years from now when people will find some Lance/Niners stuff and say the pick was known by everyone!! This regime tips off and leaks all their picks!!! 

Everyone did NOT know McGlinchey was the pick. He was brought up just before the draft but multiple players are linked to every team every year. Same with Lance and Kinlaw. 

Oh, the disingenuous tweets have already started Will, they have already started! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 49ers fan said:

Who knows? What's any team going to say once they pick a guy other than "he's the guy we always wanted"? I would really love to listen to a recording of the conversation they had with the owners back befoe the trade explaining what they had in mind.

Edited by big9erfan

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I disagree with you. They were asked if their three were TL, wilson, and Lance and they sidestepped it in a way that made me think Wilson was not QB2. 

Personally, I think it was Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Wilson, McCorkle in that order 

I agree. I love watching Wilson more than any of these guys. He's just fun to watch. But I bet Shanny shudders watching him.

9 hours ago, John232 said:

Oh man, owusu-Koramoah would be a really interesting pick. Not a need..but getting that guy in the mix on defense...oh man

Getting as many coverage defenders as possible>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't care, get him in the building and then figure it out. I just can't for the life of me understand how he didn't go in the first round. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Its almost uncanny. 

• Like 1

I love that we picked Lance. Maybe we never had Jones in mind. I don't know. But I just want to note how patient BB was . After Fields went it probably wouldn't have taken much to move up 2 or 3 spots to make sure they got Jones. But they stayed pat and got him. John and Kyle need to learn from BB. When you have limited capital (dollars or draft picks) you have to manage it carefully and be willing to risk losing a guy you want rather than overpay to get him.

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I love that we picked Lance. Maybe we never had Jones in mind. I don't know. But I just want to note how patient BB was . After Fields went it probably wouldn't have taken much to move up 2 or 3 spots to make sure they got Jones. But they stayed pat and got him. John and Kyle need to learn from BB. When you have limited capital (dollars or draft picks) you have to manage it carefully and be willing to risk losing a guy you want rather than overpay to get him.

I feel like Lance was the pick the whole time, nothing else makes sense.

BB's record on drafting has been very poor to say the least in the last several years. I don't think Mac is going to be very good at all in NE with them not being able to draft playmakers especially. And I think Lance was going to go at 4 if we didn't take him so the tradeup was required. Do I like how much we traded to get to the pick? no. But I think it was the price that needed to be paid to get Lance. 

I was very critical of the Shanny and Lynch in the preceding two weeks but in the end I think they made the correct play (in this instance). Hopefully it turns out much better than their past tradeups.