Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

no doubt there's a degree of troll bait in some of these posts (mostly out of entertainment after pwny started responding to comments about jersey sales lol). 

but the sentiment about the signing being nothing more than a circus PR stunt is 100% genuine

Literally no one is "stanning" for Tebow is the point. 

It's just hilarious from a Jaguar fan perspective to see people up in arms for someone who effectively got the 90th roster spot, battling for the back end of a spot on the TE depth chart, to get this many people up in arms. 

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

except there are reasons to sign Trey Burton other than the fact that he played at Florida for Urban Meyer.

thats why in one of my previous comments i specifically said that the Tebow signing isnt stupid on the grounds that it was a nepotism signing, but because he's never played the position, has been out of the game for about a decade, and its transparently a stunt at best.

i dont know what your fascination is with this concept of Tebow being a better candidate for "move TE" considering Burton HAS absolutely played that position. 

Yeah, Burton has played move TE before. But he’s also had 5 different groin and leg injuries in the last two years and doesn’t run well anymore, which is kinda a prerequisite for the position.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah, Burton has played move TE before. But he’s also had 5 different groin and leg injuries in the last two years and doesn’t run well anymore, which is kinda a prerequisite for the position.

Burton exclusively played move TE in Chicago when Dion Sims (and for some time, Adam Shaheen) was the in-line TE

Edited by Turnobili

I don't get this logic of, since none of the available free agent TEs are really good, that justifies us signing the worst option possible. It's like if a team drafted a punter in the first round, and the justification was, well there was no one left on the board that we really liked, so why not? You have a hole at TE, there's not much for TEs available, but that doesn't mean that the best choice is signing someone who isn't a TE and hoping.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's just hilarious from a Jaguar fan perspective to see people up in arms for someone who effectively got the 90th roster spot, battling for the back end of a spot on the TE depth chart, to get this many people up in arms. 

It’s funnier for the rest of us to watch people defend it, tbh

Just now, Turnobili said:

Burton exclusively played move TE in Chicago when Shaheen was the in-line TE

Yup. He did. He also hurt his groin two days before their playoff game after the 2018 season; the first of the 5 groin and leg injuries he would have over the next two calendar years. He then had a whole 84 yards gained in 2019!

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Low key think a big part has to do with Tebow knowing Urbans vision and likely pushing that in the locker room. 

Regardless, the dude is cut if he doesn't measure up to the other TEs in camp. If he does it's an incredible story and likely a good thing for the team.

Such a massive risk we're take on this one.

If I were y'all I would have given Burton a look since there's a Meyer connection there too, but honestly there's mostly garbage left on the TE market anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s funnier for the rest of us to watch people defend it, tbh

Tbh, I don't think so.

Opposing fans caring this much about a team signing a player to an unguaranteed, likely vet minimum contract to try and make the team as a back of the depth chart TE that went 1-15 a year ago has gotta take the cake.

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

If I were y'all I would have given Burton a look since there's a Meyer connection there too, but honestly there's mostly garbage left on the TE market anyways. 

As @pwnyhas said, his body is pretty much toast at this point. Otherwise I'd agree.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Tbh, I don't think so.

Opposing fans caring this much about a team signing a player to an unguaranteed, likely vet minimum contract to try and make the team as a back of the depth chart TE that went 1-15 a year ago has gotta take the cake.

Nope. 

There’s nothing funnier than anyone entertaining the idea that one of the oldest TEs in the league who’s never played TE is going to do anything noteworthy, after taking 6 years away from not being able to play QB. There’s nothing, trust me. 

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Nope. 

There’s nothing funnier than anyone entertaining the idea that one of the oldest TEs in the league who’s never played TE is going to do anything noteworthy, after taking 6 years away from not being able to play QB. There’s nothing, trust me. 

tenor.gif

We are the Jaguars.... the team that has lost 105 games the last 9 years. We don’t care lol

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We are the Jaguars.... the team that has lost 103 games the last 9 years. We don’t care lol

There are 17 games a season now, no reason you can’t top those rookie numbers! 

Nah, I like the Jags. Thought they were into something earlier, think the same now. This move doesn’t move the needle one way or the other. It’s like, hiring a new water boy. Or switching from blue Gatorade to yellow Gatorade.

But those things don’t get threads. If they did, I’d make jokes. If people were pushing back on the jokes and pretending like maybe the switch in flavors will turn into something, I’ll laugh at it. It’s all in fun.

Edited by Yin-Yang

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Nope. 

tenor.gif

Except no one's saying he'll be noteworthy...

So?