Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Do not underestimate the damage a 3rd string TE can do

gbnoo.0.gif

If this was a sport where you were supposed to do that, that would’ve been pretty impressive. He did it well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

It rules that the Jags are doing weird/dumb stuff right after making Jags fans optimistic again with Trevor Lawrence so @pwny has to be out there researching every aspect of Urban and Tebow's lives so that he can defend them like they're his firstborn sons. This is quite literally the kind of thing that keeps me coming back to FF. 

Yes because signing a guy who may or may not make the team, have little to no impact on whether we win or not, really ruins the optimism we have lmao

Where do you come up with this stuff?

• Like 4

Ya know, there was a thread about Tebow being a TE back in February. I don't know if somebody mentioned that or not.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:02 AM, Kirill said:

The only reason I brought up Kelce is because he was a former QB in high school and I’ve seen that story countless times with tight ends but it never gets brought up like the basketball guy to tight end transition

On 2/21/2021 at 7:20 AM, HoboRocket said:

A lot of people forget about Jordan Reed, too. Reed arrived at Tebow's school as a QB. He became a Pro-Bowl TE and one of the more dangerous receivers in the game for a while. Similar athletic measurables to Tebow. Just couldn't hold up health-wise.

On 2/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, HoboRocket said:

To build off of the Tim Tebow and Jordan Reed comps, here are their Combine measurables:

Tim Tebow: 74.75", 236 lbs, 10.13" hands, 4.71 40.

Jordan Reed: 74.5" height, 236 lbs, 10.08" hands, 4.72 40.

Eerily similar. And like I said, both were QBs at Florida. Reed came to the University of Florida as a QB in 2009, and redshirted his freshman year. He was the back-up QB in 2010, also playing snaps at TE, FB, and HB. Basically what some have suggested that Tebow should have done. But yeah. Jordan Reed was a QB for his first two years of college, and literally was on the roster while Tebow was. They have almost the exact same frame and athletic measurables. Jordan Reed is what Tim Tebow could have been, IMO.

So yeah. Definitely doable as Reed was basically a Tebow clone as far as body goes and had success. Now, Tebow is old to be making the transition, but he could he a solid depth guy. 

Another former Florida QB, Trey Burton, made the transition. Heck, ANOTHER former Florida QB, Kyle Pitts, was just drafted number 4 overall as a TE.

Logan Thomas is another QB who successfully made the transition. As did Zach Miller.

Edited by HoboRocket

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The one thing I love about FF is the unbiased mod team. Keep up the great work, gents!

If you have issues with my moderation, please DM myself or another member of the moderation team directly, or post in the Feedback Forum any concerns you have with the overall moderation of the website. A thread about Tim Tebow is not the place. It is also not the place for blatant trolling or focused discussion on users of the forum rather than the topic of the thread.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Do not underestimate the damage a 3rd string TE can do

gbnoo.0.gif

You bastard. I still on my life had never once seen this until today. I am very upset. Lol still amazing I avoided it this long though

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

You bastard. I still on my life had never once seen this until today. I am very upset. Lol still amazing I avoided it this long though

That is really impressive...

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whew lads, this was a wild ride ride lol.

Lotta dudes with some strong feelings about a coach bringing in a dude for training camp. 😂 

YOU GO BACK FROM WHENCE YOU CAME! I HAVE A 125 FOOTBALL LEAD NOW, AND BY GOODNESS IF YOU SURPASS THAT I'LL KILL MYSELF!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

That is really impressive...

I didn't see the the 2pt for a long time either but ESPN finally got me with that one. Long story short every time in the first half I went out to smoke GB got a turnover or something good happened so late in the game I kept going outside during clutch moments. Then I just avoided sports TV in the depression following that loss for a long time. I looked of forgot I never saw it until I was trying to figure out what was going on in the gif and who it was...

• Like 2