Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It has been a while so I don't remember the part about his injuries.  I just remember listening to Mike Morris' radio show and he would give updates.  He said what I said, but he may have been more of the same opinion as yourself, pwny.  He may have just been too worried about offending people in the organization to be too straightforward as to how it went.

You're right though, Brock is an incredible athlete.  What could have been...

I’m fairly certain that the injuries weren’t known about until later. He wanted to go compete and knew if the team knew he was playing with those injuries, his workout would have been rescinded and he likely wouldn’t get another shot. 

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

Weird that they don’t intend him to be the full time receiving TE. Weird.

It's amazing to me that someone people thought that he'd be nothing but an inline TE on this team. This versatility is like 90% of his value, his athleticism, and mental makeup make up the other 10%.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, Chops013 said:

Yoked

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

-Tim Tebow on the subject of training

I still really don't know what to actually expect from this whole weird experiment.  I'm not sure how this "Taysom Hill" role is actually going to work here, and within the context of Urban's system as a whole.

But i do absolutely adore how much the whole spectacle seems to get under the skin of some "fun police" dweebs like Prisco et al.  That's my favourite part...and honestly, if that is the greatest contribution Tim Tebow makes as a Jaguar...it's absolutely worth it.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 2:16 AM, Tugboat said:

I still really don't know what to actually expect from this whole weird experiment.  I'm not sure how this "Taysom Hill" role is actually going to work here, and within the context of Urban's system as a whole.

But i do absolutely adore how much the whole spectacle seems to get under the skin of some "fun police" dweebs like Prisco et al.  That's my favourite part...and honestly, if that is the greatest contribution Tim Tebow makes as a Jaguar...it's absolutely worth it.

The way I look at it, we have no idea what will happen, but either way it should be good.  Chances are, most of you guys have seen this, but if you haven't,  it will blow your mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I just love how this whole Tebow thing exposes the hypocrisy of the national media and how lazy the national sports media is when it comes to the Jaguars.   I've never been a Tebow fan, but I'm rooting hard for him now.

-charles

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pwny said:

At least the right things are being said. 

I think the most likely scenario if he is put on the practice squad. I don’t think the Jags will have to worry about him being poached off the PS and I believe they still have the rule where two PS players can be called up on game day.

8 hours ago, Chops013 said:

I think the most likely scenario if he is put on the practice squad. I don’t think the Jags will have to worry about him being poached off the PS and I believe they still have the rule where two PS players can be called up on game day.

Have they officially announced if the practice squad rules are going to be extended from last year to even accommodate something like that?

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Have they officially announced if the practice squad rules are going to be extended from last year to even accommodate something like that?

Nothing official yet. Tom Pelissero said awhile back that they would probably keep a lot of the practice squad rules from last season. Said they will probably announce it closer to training camp.