Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

Tim doesn't have to challenge Kyle Pitts for league supremacy at the TE position.  If he can contribute more than other other options we have, bringing him in is a positive.  Other things he can bring to our locker room is incredible leadership and maybe even being a guy for Trevor to bounce questions off of as he gets used to life as an NFL quarterback.  He may not be able to teach Trevor how to throw, but he would be a great influence for the young man in so many ways.  He would definitely know what Urban expects out of his players and can pass that on to Trevor and everyone else in the locker room. 

• Like 1

In Urban’s presser, he was asked about this.

He mentioned that even back when discussions were happening years ago about the switch, he felt it was a long shot. And then he also indicated that he didn’t even attend the whole workout. He stopped by to say hi and then left, and that Tyler Bowen was the one who ran the workout.

So it seems like he may have gotten an in for a workout because of his relationship with Urban, but that the evaluation would be made by Bowen. It doesn’t bode well for him getting on the roster for nepotistic reasons. 

At this point, I think we just need to gameplan how we want to use our current TEs and hope maybe someone breaks out. JOS I think is serviceable to start. He's not going to make big plays outside of the random one here and there, but he's also never really been a tremendous liability either. Manhertz is the pure blocking TE who will line up to block there and at FB. I imagine he's going to see a lot of playing time as it is since he's apparently the best blocking TE in the league and Urban wants to be top 8 in rushing. 

Tyler Davis is still developmental. Revisiting his RAS, I think if he sticks on the roster this year we should try working in some plays where we try to hit him down the seam. I think that sort of play will be where he's at his best as he's still developing. He's nowhere near the same type of athlete, but I'm kind of thinking along the lines of how we used Zach Miller early in his career. I'm also not sure if he makes the roster though unless we decide to carry 4 TEs as I think Luke Farrell probably has the inside track to being the prime developmental TE since Urban is familiar with him and just took him. His RAS also seems to indicate he has more potential upside.

59 minutes ago, Berries said:

How often do players successfully change positions in the NFL?

Seems pretty out there

It’s not super rare

now, how often do players successfully change positions at age 34 after 6 years out of the league after being wildly unsuccessful the last time they played?

literally 0 ever

but

hey worth a shot

6 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

It’s not super rare

now, how often do players successfully change positions at age 34 after 6 years out of the league after being wildly unsuccessful the last time they played?

literally 0 ever

but

hey worth a shot

So many Tebow/Jaguars haters out there are saying it's impossible.  That's why I want to see him do it. 
giphy.gif
It doesn't look like this dog has used stairs too much before, but he's a winner and finding a way to do it!  :D

• Like 2