Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

On 5/6/2021 at 5:32 PM, Uncle Buck said:

So many Tebow/Jaguars haters out there are saying it's impossible.  That's why I want to see him do it. 
giphy.gif
It doesn't look like this dog has used stairs too much before, but he's a winner and finding a way to do it!  :D

I am here for the dog gif. I only want to watch Tebow for the memes. I hope he succeeds (because at this point it seems like a thing and the Jaguars need a TE), but I will not be surprised if he doesn't. I'll be a bit sad. I love a good comeback/ redemption story. 

Edited by Jags
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Tebow is fun though.  Bortles just brings up bad memories and bad vibes.

Tebow is more like Teblow.  He offers 0 upside for us. Dude hasn't played in Multiple years and is already closing in on 35.  Bortles has shown some abilities as a pass catcher. 

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Tebow is fun though.  Bortles just brings up bad memories and bad vibes.

Yeah. I’m not even sure that Tebow is fun, but he’s decidedly more fun than bringing Blake back and always having those memories right at the front of mind. Blake never stepping foot inside the Bank is a needed palate cleanse. At the very least, at least the pairing of Urban and Tebow brings good memories for many in the area.

If you’re gonna get weird, don’t get weird with your ex.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, LinderFournette said:

Tebow is more like Teblow.  He offers 0 upside for us. Dude hasn't played in Multiple years and is already closing in on 35.  Bortles has shown some abilities as a pass catcher. 

But do our other TEs have much upside? Tebow at least has experience with Meyers offense and position versatility. If he is a poor mans Taysom Hill...that’s probably good enough for this roster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

But do our other TEs have much upside? Tebow at least has experience with Meyers offense and position versatility. If he is a poor mans Taysom Hill...that’s probably good enough for this roster. 

based on the RAS id say yes. wether they reach their potential or not remains to be seen but both Farrell and Davis have well above average scores. 

Ellfensons upside to me is that of a solid number 3 te that can do a bit of everything but hes not really athletic. 

Tebows experience at the NFL level consist of playing QB and punt protector and while he might have some experience in Meyers offense whos to say Urban hasnt changed his scheme some not to mention most people dont remeber stuff that they havent used in a while(like Algebra(im not sure of any professions using that besides proffessors of algebra)).

i suggested a guy who would have similiar versatility as the guy was actually recruited by most colleges as a TE and while he has a Limited sample size of catching the ball he has done pretty well in his chances of catching passes(1 for 1 20 yards and a TD) but yall hate on him cuz he FAILED as a QB here but im suggesting trying him out at TE instead of a guy who hasnt touched an NFL Football since 2012.  FWIW Bortles has better career marks in terms of accuracy, Running, and yards and he also has More Playoff wins as well. 

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

based on the RAS id say yes. wether they reach their potential or not remains to be seen but both Farrell and Davis have well above average scores. 

Ellfensons upside to me is that of a solid number 3 te that can do a bit of everything but hes not really athletic. 

Tebows experience at the NFL level consist of playing QB and punt protector and while he might have some experience in Meyers offense whos to say Urban hasnt changed his scheme some not to mention most people dont remeber stuff that they havent used in a while(like Algebra(im not sure of any professions using that besides proffessors of algebra)).

i suggested a guy who would have similiar versatility as the guy was actually recruited by most colleges as a TE and while he has a Limited sample size of catching the ball he has done pretty well in his chances of catching passes(1 for 1 20 yards and a TD) but yall hate on him cuz he FAILED as a QB here but im suggesting trying him out at TE instead of a guy who hasnt touched an NFL Football since 2012.  FWIW Bortles has better career marks in terms of accuracy, Running, and yards and he also has More Playoff wins as well. 

But with that rationale Taysom Hill would have never had an opportunity. How does it hurt bringing a guy in and seeing what he can do?

I have to think the longer this gets dragged out, the less likely it’s going to happen. Rookie camp starts this week and the vets report the following week.

If it’s going to happen, I would assume it’ll be this week.

3 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I have to think the longer this gets dragged out, the less likely it’s going to happen. Rookie camp starts this week and the vets report the following week.

If it’s going to happen, I would assume it’ll be this week.

Nevermind, right after I posted this I came across this from Peter King.

I hear the Jags signing Tebow and giving him a shot to be a backup tight end could happen. I hear the Jaguars will wait till after this weekend’s rookie mini-camp to assess their roster and maybe see how much they think they can get in the overall blocking/receiving from fifth-round tight end Luke Farrell of Ohio State. (I think they’ll be pleased with him.) But after declining to keep solid vet Tyler Eifert last week, the Jags have a major need at tight end. Which could give Tebow fan Urban Meyer a pretty good reason to bring in Tebow for a shot to be roster insurance. Tebow, of course, is a hometown boy, and Jag/Gator fans have been dying to see him in teal. Imagine a Trevor Lawrence-to-Tim Tebow touchdown pass in crunch time (or any time) in a game this fall. Whoa.”

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/05/nfl-rumors-jaguars-are-serious-about-ex-jets-eagles-qb-tim-tebow-at-tight-end-nbc-sports-peter-king-says.html

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

But with that rationale Taysom Hill would have never had an opportunity. How does it hurt bringing a guy in and seeing what he can do?

Cuz we already have 90 on the roster and if u looked closely hill actually spends more of his time at wildcat qb.  If ur bringing in guys they should atleast be viable options at the main position and not to mention the media circus that comes with Tebow. 

A guy that takes away opportunities from Lawrence isn't smart football.  

A guy who hasn't touched a football since 2015 as a ps guy and a guy who's retired from baseball already. Ya no thanks. 

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Cuz we already have 90 on the roster and if u looked closely hill actually spends more of his time at wildcat qb.  If ur bringing in guys they should atleast be viable options at the main position and not to mention the media circus that comes with Tebow. 

A guy that takes away opportunities from Lawrence isn't smart football.  

A guy who hasn't touched a football since 2015 as a ps guy and a guy who's retired from baseball already. Ya no thanks. 

But you say this without considering what Hill has brought to the Saints the last few years. Who cares if he takes a few snaps away from Lawrence. Best case scenario and Lawrence is as good as Brees. Having a guy you have to account for in different ways is pretty valuable. I’m saying this as a Saints fan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

But you say this without considering what Hill has brought to the Saints the last few years. Who cares if he takes a few snaps away from Lawrence. Best case scenario and Lawrence is as good as Brees. Having a guy you have to account for in different ways is pretty valuable. I’m saying this as a Saints fan. 

Because Brees ability was on the decline.   Any chance to take the ball out of Lawrences hand isn't a good idea.  He needs all the snaps so he can learn everything and doesn't need to be pulled for a snap and getting out of rythem. 

Like I said tho we should let shenault and Colin Johnson get some burn as a move te. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Because Brees ability was on the decline.   Any chance to take the ball out of Lawrences hand isn't a good idea.  He needs all the snaps so he can learn everything and doesn't need to be pulled for a snap and getting out of rythem. 

Like I said tho we should let shenault and Colin Johnson get some burn as a move te. 

"On the decline" is a bit misleading...because Brees on a per game basis was as good as any passer in the league in 2020. The Saints utilizing Hill just as heavily because he was incredibly difficult to account for. Teams would have to gameplan specifically for the Saints 3rd TE...which is a HUGE advantage regarding game planning. I know we all hope that Lawrence is the next greatest thing...but there is the chance that Lawrence is only as good as Brees was in 2020...which is by the way...still very good.

I think that some people just don't like Tebow. They don't want anything to do with him. If he doesn't help the team...he doesn't make the team...big deal. By why are people so afraid that Tebow could make this team? It's just weird.