Tebow gets contract with Jags

Chops013

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

"On the decline" is a bit misleading...because Brees on a per game basis was as good as any passer in the league in 2020. The Saints utilizing Hill just as heavily because he was incredibly difficult to account for. Teams would have to gameplan specifically for the Saints 3rd TE...which is a HUGE advantage regarding game planning. I know we all hope that Lawrence is the next greatest thing...but there is the chance that Lawrence is only as good as Brees was in 2020...which is by the way...still very good.

I think that some people just don't like Tebow. They don't want anything to do with him. If he doesn't help the team...he doesn't make the team...big deal. By why are people so afraid that Tebow could make this team? It's just weird.

It's more of the best we could do is sign Tebow when there's multiple proven vets available as a te. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

It's more of the best we could do is sign Tebow when there's multiple proven vets available as a te. 

"Proven vets"

If a proven vet is available right now than it's because they're completely washed. We signed a proven vet last year in Eifert and this coaching staff didn't think he was worthy of even being rostered.

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

"Proven vets"

If a proven vet is available right now than it's because they're completely washed. We signed a proven vet last year in Eifert and this coaching staff didn't think he was worthy of even being rostered.

And there's 0 reason why Tebow should be given a shot at te other then him and urban are boys. 

33 year old former qb with 0 te experience and hasn't featured in a game since 2012 and already retired from a less physical sport.  If they that desperate for te help go call Trey Burton or Jordan Reed.  Guys who are experienced at the position. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

And there's 0 reason why Tebow should be given a shot at te other then him and urban are boys. 

33 year old former qb with 0 te experience and hasn't featured in a game since 2012 and already retired from a less physical sport.  If they that desperate for te help go call Trey Burton or Jordan Reed.  Guys who are experienced at the position. 

Why is there zero reason he should be given a shot? He likely would've before had he been open to a change of position prior. I'd much rather see if there could be upside with him than being in an old vet like you mention that definitely won't bring anything.

Either way, he got a 90 man roster spot. So let's stop acting like we gave him a guaranteed roster spot. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of Tim Tebow fans on this site, and I'm probably about as big of a fan as any of them.  Having said that, I will be the first to acknowlege that this is now Trevor's team.  If Tim can come in and contribute even in a small way, whether that be on the field, as a positive presence on the sidelines or the locker room, it should be a successful signing.  It's a one-year deal.  If it works out, that's great.  If not, it hasn't cost us much.