Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

19 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I had a nice long reply built, but to quote you "I'll never understand why people think it's "ok" for players to want to break a contract" says all I need to know about the argument I would be getting myself in to. Pass. 

I agree.  We just watched Green Bay demand that Preston Smith take a massive hair cut one year removed from signing a 4 year 52 million dollar deal and a pro bowl caliber year.  Fans had absolutely no issue screwing over both Smith or his family because it benefited Green Bay.  When players want to operate in the same manner as teams there is a lot of whimpering and belly aching.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he could come play for a team that made it to two straight NFCCG's, on the cusp of a Super Bowl, with the entire gang back together. He could have restructured so we could have signed him a weapon like JuJu Smith Schuster.

this has nothing to do with winning...

Then why go after Gute? 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Could be. But again, I think there's a lot of conjecture circulating too for people that need to write stories/produce content, and I'll wait to sift through the BS. Hopefully 12 addresses it himself soon.

I think he would.....if any of it actually were conjecture.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Could be. But again, I think there's a lot of conjecture circulating too for people that need to write stories/produce content, and I'll wait to sift through the BS. Hopefully 12 addresses it himself soon.

Here's the facts right? I think we can all agree that the leak just before the NFL Draft was from Aaron Rodger's camp. He decided to air this dirty laundry out in front of the NFL Media on a day that millions of NFL fans would be watching the TV. However, he's gone silent after that - we've heard nothing from him. At this point? He needs to come forward and either say "Yes, I want out of Green Bay, the reports are true" or "No, all of that is just more nonsense. I want to be a Packer for the rest of my career." -- He's done neither, he's went silent and that to me is VERY telling. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I agree.  We just watched Green Bay demand that Preston Smith take a massive hair cut one year removed from signing a 4 year 52 million dollar deal and a pro bowl caliber year.  Fans had absolutely no issue screwing over both Smith or his family because it benefited Green Bay.  When players want to operate in the same manner as teams there is a lot of whimpering and belly aching.  

Wrong. Preston Smith has incentives in his deal which can pay him more than he would've made in his original deal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol cause that's why the Raiders are one of the solutions, cause SBs are his reasoning.

Perhaps at this point it's just getting out of Green Bay? The damage is done?

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Which is weird since the team they have now is good enough to win and were in the best position possible this past season to do so and simply blew it. If this was after 2018 it would make more sense with how the team and roster looked to be on the down swing(Rodgers included)

ironic that 2018 is when he signed his extension.  a few of the players had already been released that Rodgers is reportedly mad about seeing released, yet still signed the contract extension

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Here's the facts right? I think we can all agree that the leak just before the NFL Draft was from Aaron Rodger's camp. He decided to air this dirty laundry out in front of the NFL Media on a day that millions of NFL fans would be watching the TV. However, he's gone silent after that - we've heard nothing from him. At this point? He needs to come forward and either say "Yes, I want out of Green Bay, the reports are true" or "No, all of that is just more nonsense. I want to be a Packer for the rest of my career." -- He's done neither, he's went silent and that to me is VERY telling. 

I don't pretend to have the details or information to know the situation... but based on what limited info we have Rodgers said he didn't want it public so this would contradict about the only things he's communicated.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I don't pretend to have the details or information to know the situation... but based on what limited info we have Rodgers said he didn't want it public so this would contradict about the only things he's communicated.

Of course that's what he said.  But what motivation does Green Bay have to leak that?  That clearly came from Rodgers' camp to motivate the Packers to move Rodgers to SF for the #3 pick.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man.  Wait till Jeopardy offers the job to someone else.  

He'll take Pat Sajak's job and Wheel of Fortune will become the best game show on TV. But every word puzzle will just be some combination of "Jeopardy should have hired me"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

My guess is that this has been festering for years. Last year was the last straw.

The year where he had 4 opportunities in a 1 score game to go to the SB and he failed to even get a 1st down on 75% of the opportunities? Seems like he should blame the organization for that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Of course that's what he said.  But what motivation does Green Bay have to leak that?  That clearly came from Rodgers' camp to motivate the Packers to move Rodgers to SF for the #3 pick.

Like I said, idk what the truth is. But if it came from them, there's some lying going on.