Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And the fact that you're going from that hook, line, and sinker tells me enough.  Let's go through this logically.  IF Schefter had been gathering all this during the offseason process, why did he choose to "break" the news a few hours before the draft?  The timing of it doesn't make sense unless you're trying to accelerate the trade.  

Accelerating a potential trade is hardly an exhaustive list of potential motivations. How about ratings? You don't think ratings got a boost from the potential for a Rodgers trade? It was the 3rd most watched draft in history. 

That Schefter purposefully sat on this info then dropped it on draft day as a way to drive ratings was always the most parsimonious explanation. The anti-Rodgers crowd just threw logic out the window so they could get their hate on.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Ooo so edgy lol

Dude - if you want to discuss, I'll discuss. I'm just not gonna discuss at those levels.

There isn't one of us here, that if were in Rodgers shoes, wouldn't hate that pick after getting to the NFC championship game the year before. Whether or not he has a right to be pissed is another story. But there isn't a single competitor out there that would be like "great draft pick"

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Dude - if you want to discuss, I'll discuss. I'm just not gonna discuss at those levels.

There isn't one of us here, that if were in Rodgers shoes, wouldn't hate that pick after getting to the NFC championship game the year before. Whether or not he has a right to be pissed is another story. But there isn't a single competitor out there that would be like "great draft pick"

No but there is a huge gap between not being thrilled about it and having a nuclear meltdown over it.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kuhn, Hawk and Jones definitely out here doing damage control.

Both sides being played. The villainess stuff coming out in the media, the damage control from ex teammates.

The constant hedging makes me believe Rodgers preference is to be elsewhere, but he'll play here before retiring.

Rodgers wants be guaranteed the starter for GB well into his 40s.

He worked hard to get Matt LaFleur, learning that system, etc. I maintain he doesn’t want out. He wants the front office to give up the future for him and the next 3 years plus. Meaning Love would need to be traded.

the argument and digging in is likely based on years. GB is likely saying past this year we can give you another year guaranteed... and Rodgers is likely saying thats not good enough. And that’s the issue.

3 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Accelerating a potential trade is hardly an exhaustive list of potential motivations. How about ratings? You don't think ratings got a boost from the potential for a Rodgers trade? It was the 3rd most watched draft in history. 

That Schefter purposefully sat on this info then dropped it on draft day as a way to drive ratings was always the most parsimonious explanation. The anti-Rodgers crowd just threw logic out the window so they could get their hate on.

I believe that Schefter is the most expensive news breaker in all of professional sports (I believe Woj is a very close #2).  He doesn't care about the clicks.  He's getting paid no matter what.  I find it very hard to believe this was motivated by clicks.  It was motivated because it was being fed to him.  Their value comes from them breaking news.  Not sitting on news until it's convenient.  There's no anti-Rodgers crowd until this news broke.  He was viewed as probably the highest valued member of the Packer family after Bart Starr.  Even more than Brett Favre and Reggie White.

7 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

That Schefter purposefully sat on this info then dropped it on draft day as a way to drive ratings was always the most parsimonious explanation

It was always the least parsimonious explanation.

Schefter didn't even "break" it. Others talked about it before him on draft day...

It's obvious to everyone that this latest is absolute bunk.

Just now, spilltray said:

No but there is a huge gap between not being thrilled about it and having a nuclear meltdown over it.

Fair point. But we don't know all the issues and how much of each contributed to what. I'm was simply saying I would have hated the pick if I were him.

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I've never disagreed with the point that he doesn't like it. 

I'm also not the one that said "stopped reading here", so your new point about wanting to discuss seems rather disingenuous!

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You said Rodgers didn't play well enough. I guess I can hold out hope that someday he can play as well as Brady did last year. Or Nick Foles. Or broken down Payton Manning. Or Joe Flacco

Wake me up when any of those win a Super Bowl while having a 37 million cap hit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I believe that Schefter is the most expensive news breaker in all of professional sports (I believe Woj is a very close #2).  He doesn't care about the clicks.  He's getting paid no matter what.  I find it very hard to believe this was motivated by clicks.  It was motivated because it was being fed to him.  Their value comes from them breaking news.  Not sitting on news until it's convenient.  There's no anti-Rodgers crowd until this news broke.  He was viewed as probably the highest valued member of the Packer family after Bart Starr.  Even more than Brett Favre and Reggie White.

It's not about Schefter's clicks. Its about ESPN. You don't think they generally benefited from the tidal wave of interest in the story?   

Just now, Les Punting said:

It's not about Schefter's clicks. Its about ESPN. You don't think they generally benefited from the tidal wave of interest in the story?   

They're going to get clicks whether it be the day of the draft, a month prior to the draft, or right before the season.  It's a groundbreaking news article.  The only thing it might do is to detract from the NFL Draft, which based on what I saw on ESPN I would say did exactly that.  Felt like they spent most of the draft talking about Rodgers.

18 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

That's exactly it.  He's been easily the most hated Packer on this board prior to his MVP season and there are multiple threads and thousands of messages that prove it.

Schefter could show the direct text messages and the Aaron Rodgers haters would still call it a lie.  They aren't capable of holding management accountable and enjoy nothing more than making Rodgers public enemy #1.  There is nothing that could ever be said or done that wouldn't' have them placing 100% of the blame for this situation at the feet of Rodgers.  This is all agenda driven as they've wanted 5th gone for a long, long time. 

The amount of hate being thrown by supposed fans at a guy that was fresh off one of the best seasons in NFL history is almost comical.  

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's not the argument

It absolutely is. They said pre-Love Rodgers wasn't winning a SB, your counter was QBs with similar performances that did win it, my counter is their cap hit was nowhere near Rodgers'.

• Like 1