Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Thats on Rodgers ?

Of course it is.  Fans expect him to play for half his worth.  That is and always will be the only reason he's hated. That's why you have NEVER heard one of these clowns ever suggest another position player should take a pay cut.  

"No team has ever won a Super Bowl with a LT that has a cap hit of 22 million dollars."..... How many times have we seen that comment on this board?  NEVER, not once.  Aaron Rodgers is and always will be the only player that is ever expected to play for a fraction of his worthy.  

14 minutes ago, SSG said:

That's exactly it.  He's been easily the most hated Packer on this board prior to his MVP season and there are multiple threads and thousands of messages that prove it.

Stop perpetuating this awful lie.  He's been a bordline God for his career.  He's been criticized for leaving throws on the field.  And he deserves criticism.  I'd argue he's probably been more underrated than hated.

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Whatever helps fit your narrative, bud. 

Lol

I don't have a narrative. I have reality.

You're trying to force a convoluted conspiracy theory on everyone. We are all like "nah dude, take off that tinfoil hat and look at the actual facts here"

Schefter got scooped on draft morning and then scrambled to put things together. He's probably super pissed at Rodgers team for leaking it to others because he wanted the scoop for after the draft in the doldrums.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Of course it is.  Fans expect him to play for half his worth.  That is and always will be the only reason he's hated. That's why you have NEVER heard one of these clowns ever suggest another position player should take a pay cut.  

"No team has ever won a Super Bowl with a LT that has a cap hit of 22 million dollars."..... How many times have we seen that comment on this board?  NEVER, not once.  Aaron Rodgers is and always will be the only player that is ever expected to play for a fraction of his worthy.  

Are you actually Aaron lol

Yikes, man

Just now, CWood21 said:

Stop perpetuating this awful lie.  He's been a bordline God for his career.  He's been criticized for leaving throws on the field.  And he deserves criticism.  I'd argue he's probably been more underrated than hated.

It's not an awful lie.  The dude has a thread referring to him as 5th down.  There have been thousands of claims that accused him of purposely throwing the ball into the ground instead of an open WR.  There is no way around it.  That is absolutely accusing Aaron Rodgers of purposely throwing football games.  

Acting like Rodgers hasn't been hated on this board is absolutely disingenuous.  He got 90% of the blame for the team's issues prior to the MVP season.  He got called the team's worst starter in the 2019 NFC Championship game.  

Just now, incognito_man said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The simplest explanation is most often the correct one.

Like this case here. This OBVIOUSLY was Rodgers doing and timing. No other simple, rational solution exists.

Absolutely it was.  Please doesn't take a lot to connect the dots here.  To pull that crap on draft day well it's unforgivable in my book.  Aaron's agent I am sure is responsible and Aaron signed off on it.  It was the worst possible screw you in the face of Packer nation imaginable.  Really dirty.  Some fans may forgive him I am not one of them.  I want him gone.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Accelerating a potential trade is hardly an exhaustive list of potential motivations. How about ratings? You don't think ratings got a boost from the potential for a Rodgers trade? It was the 3rd most watched draft in history. 

That Schefter purposefully sat on this info then dropped it on draft day as a way to drive ratings was always the most parsimonious explanation. The anti-Rodgers crowd just threw logic out the window so they could get their hate on.

But Adam’s purpose is to get the big league stories and to not run with anything until its confirmed. What matters most is his connections within the league. Everyone knows this.

But for his biggest story this off-season he just “pieced this from information”? That doesn’t add up. And to your point that he did it for ratings... the draft was going to pull ratings regardless. It’s like the 3rd highest watched sporting event behind the super bowl and I forget what number 2 is.

If it’s for ratings... do it during one of the dead periods of the off-season to drive traffic.

Also again... listening to Adam on Dan Patrick he walks back a lot of stuff. All that he commits to is Rodgers wants out. When Dan was trying to ask any question Adam got cagey. 

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because I'd be willing to bet a TON of money that Rodgers had expressed his displeasure for his situation and asked to be traded if they weren't going to commit to him.  What motivation does Green Bay have to move him after the draft as opposed to before the draft?  If it's before the draft, the Packers can use those 2021 NFL Draft picks.  They can't use those picks after the draft.  So you're trading for future picks which have more volatility.  Would you rather have the Broncos' #9 pick this year or their FRP next year with Rodgers under contract?  It's easily the #9 pick.

With your ASSUMPTIONS don't you think a guy as bright as Rodgers would understand "leaking" this info earlier would benefit him? 

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

With your ASSUMPTIONS don't you think a guy as bright as Rodgers would understand "leaking" this info earlier would benefit him? 

The NFL Draft was the deadline for a trade with the 49ers.  Leaking it 2 months prior to the draft or 2 days prior to the draft doesn't change the equation.  Right now, a trade to the Niners is off the table.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

The other possibility is that it was the 49ers or Broncos who leaked it trying to force the issue.

Impossible! It was Rodgers !  The guy doesn't even get along with his family!  

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's not an awful lie.  The dude has a thread referring to him as 5th down.  There have been thousands of claims that accused him of purposely throwing the ball into the ground instead of an open WR.  There is no way around it.  That is absolutely accusing Aaron Rodgers of purposely throwing football games.  

Acting like Rodgers hasn't been hated on this board is absolutely disingenuous.  He got 90% of the blame for the team's issues prior to the MVP season.  He got called the team's worst starter in the 2019 NFC Championship game.  

So you're telling me arguably the best QB to play the game in our generation misses a TON of throws?  As it had been discussed ad nauseam, Tom Brady has had a HELL of a career playing with average WRs.  Outside his receiving corps in Tampa Bay, his best WRs was Randy Moss, Julian Edelman, and Wes Welker.  If you want to lump in Gronk into that, whatever.  But acting like Rodgers needs elite weapons to be successful was the biggest complaint.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The NFL Draft was the deadline for a trade with the 49ers.  Leaking it 2 months prior to the draft or 2 days prior to the draft doesn't change the equation.  Right now, a trade to the Niners is off the table.

How can you possibly say it wouldn't change the equation? If it's two days or two months before then they certainly have more time to work out a deal.