Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

14 hours ago, cannondale said:

I don't think it had anything to do with Kumerow the player. It had to do with Rodgers giving a guy props and then Gute "seemingly" saying "hold my beer" and then cutting him the next day. That's quite the coincidence. The "players play, coaches coach" comments were probably related and a dig at the FO. A local guy on a recent podcast said this may go back to the TT era when they basically told him his voice won't be heard. Whether you agree with it or not, it's a thing. And no - I don't think Rodgers wants to make the draft picks. That's just a stupid comment. But as long as there are teams out there that let their guys interact - and they win Super Bowls, you better be concerned.

I guess I could see this except Kumerow was released during final roster cuts; when else was Gute supposed to release him?  I mean Kumerow straight didn't make the team, which means Aaron was upset that Gute let him go period (as the timing was forced by the NFL CBA) as opposed to feeling like it was unfair.  If he's actually upset at the timing, then he needs to be upset at himself; he should have come out in support of Jake earlier in the off-season/"pre-season", giving Gute time to make the decision.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I guess I could see this except Kumerow was released during final roster cuts; when else was Gute supposed to release him?  I mean Kumerow straight didn't make the team, which means Aaron was upset that Gute let him go period (as the timing was forced by the NFL CBA) as opposed to feeling like it was unfair.  If he's actually upset at the timing, then he needs to be upset at himself; he should have come out in support of Jake earlier in the off-season/"pre-season", giving Gute time to make the decision.

So not a coincidence at all, really :)

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Had a dream last night that he came back to play but then sat out mid-game after a bad interception lol

This dream different than your usual one that had a train going into a tunnel over and over again?

I absolutely hate this Rodgers drama.

We have 76 pages of stuff concerning our rookies, guys we should be talking about.

And here we are at page 218 concerning this Rodgers drama.  And we've heard darned little, if anything, from his mouth.  I'm reading about how awesome it would be to have a #2 WR, and recently, how Jenkins is not an elite interior player.  Favre weighs in, check that, Favre's "gut" weighs in.  Holmgren talks about it.  Shefter backpedals....etc.

It is honestly maddening.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Cite which "fans" on here you are referencing, please.  

The ones that have made him out to be the anti-Christ.  The ones that have accused of him of intentionally leaking his issues with the organization on draft day in the effort to take the big day away from the draftees.  The guys that are convinced that he told Murphy to "Fire Gute". The guys who have spent every waking minute over the last 3 years wishing we'd have traded him prior to his last contract.  You know the ones..... their tears and whimpering over the last 11 days can't be missed.  The guys who have openly called Adam Schefter a Liar because they need, more than anything in life, for Aaron Rodgers to be the bad guy who's trying to dismantle a dynasty 🤪

See below.....

Edited by SSG

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Man June 1st can't get here fast enough, I'm over this already. Just give me 3 one's and 2 two's. Also flip Davante for Jeudy and call it a day!!!

Edited by St Vince

Interesting.....

I've heard the first player call out AR for the current state of affairs......"He's gotta know he's not bigger than the team" - then Bucky Brooks followed up by pointing out how AR's play led to the drafting of Love. His play had declined the three years preceding ... so the Packers did what they had to do: look to the future. Most talking heads *start* the discussion with his recent MVP season. The recent past.....the context....is never mentioned.

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Man June 1st can't get here fast enough, I'm over this already. Just give me 3 one's and 2 two's. Also flip Davante for Jerdy and call it a day.

I'll say this again and will gladly remove the egg from my face if I'm wrong. The likelihood of a trade this season is maybe 2-3%. It's not happening and would be colossally stupid by the Packers to entertain post-draft. A trade literally makes no sense for either party. Now, a 2022 trade makes A LOT of sense for both parties. Rodgers is playing for GB this season or he's playing for no one.  

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'll say this again and will gladly remove the egg from my face if I'm wrong. The likelihood of a trade this season is maybe 2-3%. It's not happening and would be colossally stupid by the Packers to entertain post-draft. A trade literally makes no sense for either party. Now, a 2022 trade makes A LOT of sense for both parties. Rodgers is playing for GB this season or he's playing for no one.  

I'd wait until camp, but if he doesn't show, the colossally stupid thing would be to let an asset that valuable rot in CA. 

If Rodgers sits out, you MIGHT get a first round pick in 2022, but you now are dealing with a 38 year old, who will turn 39 in season, who will be 18 months removed from playing ball.

You call his bluff through OTAs, and the first week of camp, but by Family Night, if he's not in house, you cut your losses.

• Like 3