Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

It seems like part of MLFs value is a scheme that can function better than the sum of its parts - especially at QB.

It wouldn't surprise me if the FO has similar thoughts to @Outpost31 and I about maximizing a team by getting cheaper at QB. Thus, the chatter about them extending Rodgers is likely nonsensical. 

they WANT to get younger and cheaper at QB position and build an MLF style team IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Based on that Cowboys game in '07, he'd have been fine if he'd had to start that year. 

Agree, but that was mid-way through Rodgers 3rd season and how many preseason games and practice rep had he had by that point. Now same question for Love. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It seems like part of MLFs value is a scheme that can function better than the sum of its parts - especially at QB.

It wouldn't surprise me if the FO has similar thoughts to @Outpost31 and I about maximizing a team by getting cheaper at QB. Thus, the chatter about them extending Rodgers is likely nonsensical. 

they WANT to get younger and cheaper at QB position and build an MLF style team IMO.

I agree with this thinking, but really starting to think that the Packers are caving on this and are going to give Rodgers everything him and his agent want. Since TT departed, MM has made many decisions based on public opinion and not what is best for the Packers football team and that is disappointing. With Kuhn and James Jones on point speaking for Rodgers and suggesting their is a 70-75% chance this gets worked out hints at a bad ending for the Packers in the long run.  

• Like 1

IF the Packers were to actually "cave" and give Rodg a guaranteed long term contract both Murphy and Gute should be fired.  They won't be, because they would do this with the blessing of the board but they should be.  The Packers need to hold strong here for the betterment of the team, not wimp out for any reason including "public opinion".  I think in reality public opinion in the majority is a mix of get Rodg out of here and do not give him this kind of extension.

The best case scenario Rodg is back this year with a new contract that the team can move in 2-3 years.  I don't believe he will play with the current contract.  But in no way do you cave to this 38 year old player who is trying to hold the franchise hostage when there is a signed 3 year contract already in place.  THAT number is the defining grace, he's not going to be 28 years old, he's going to be 38.  With a poor post season record.  Be smart Packers.  Lile Ron Wolf just said, you're number one priority is to look out for the franchise, not the player.  You do not let a player disgrace or muscle the franchise.  Rodgers is doing both.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

A timeline of the major moments in tensions between Aaron Rodgers and the Packers - Acme Packing Company

Pretty good article.  Bottom line is no one knows what's going to happen next.  I really hope to god the don't offer a long term extension that cripples the franchise.  

Think Rodgers comes in and plays just like he always has.  TC will feel awkward, media will hang on every word.  It becomes a circus.  I dont think the Packers trade Rodgers until he comes out publicly and demands it.  He won't do that, but the undercurrent will be there all summer.

Love the rich esien stuff. He went on to talk about how if Rodgers is upset about just signing guys to make a run now and collect on the debt later... then explain Jones’ contract.

and it’s like yeah... gb does do those things. They just do it for THEIR players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Love the rich esien stuff. He went on to talk about how if Rodgers is upset about just signing guys to make a run now and collect on the debt later... then explain Jones’ contract.

and it’s like yeah... gb does do those things. They just do it for THEIR players.

I loved that Gute quote about how GB got the best CB, RB, and LT in free agency, it was just that they were already on the team.