4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

LV Raiders

Trevon Moehrig
Maxx Crosby
Quinton Jefferson 
2022 1st 
2023 1st
(maybe add in  Marcus Mariotta)

3 relatively cheap players, 2 FRP with the 2022 pick potentially in the 10-15 range.   Mariotta would be a QB competition for the 2021 season

That's way under selling there IMO. Moehrig worth it. Crosby won't get much playing time with the Smiths and Gary. Even though I like Mariotta, him and Jefferson are on one year deals so not that much value there. 

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Breer says he interviewed some NFL exec’s on what they guessed might be the price needed to get Rodgers. They thought it would take an absolute boatload of assets. 

like: 3 firsts (‘22,’23,’24), 1 second (‘22), AND 3 players (ie. Drew Lock, Bradley Chubb, & Dalton Risner). 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/denver-broncos-land-aaron-rodgers-193800885.html

a good haul, & some nice cheap contracts, though Chubb has his 5th-yr coming up in ‘22. 

I posted about this the other day. That's the type of haul it would take me to deal 12. It literally has (and should be) one of the biggest trade deals in NFL history, that's not over-exaggerating it. He's the reigning MVP at the most important position in the NFL. 

I would probably pull the trigger on 3 1's, a 2 and 3 players but I probably wouldn't want Chubb or Risner. I think our OL is solid enough and Chubb's price tag goes up next season. I'd rather have a combo with Jeudy (since we're probably losing Davante if 12 goes), Dre'Mont Jones, an up-and-coming 3rd year DL who is cheap AF, and maybe throw in Lock. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

From Denver 2 1's, 2 2's, Surtain, Browning, and Jeudy would be a good place to start.

San Fran doesn't have the picks.  I would want Warner in that package along with a WR from them but they simply don't have the picks.

Raiders are a tough one.  Waller is the player I want but you have to look at money too.  Ruggs?  Along with 2 1;s and 2 2's and Moehrig.  

Fins would want to include Tua.  They have a ton of upcoming picks.  Two defensive players from the last draft to choose from.  Could just be Tua, Holland, and pile o picks.  If Tua stays to sit behind Rodg then another top young potential impact player.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I posted about this the other day. That's the type of haul it would take me to deal 12. It literally has (and should be) one of the biggest trade deals in NFL history, that's not over-exaggerating it. He's the reigning MVP at the most important position in the NFL. 

I would probably pull the trigger on 3 1's, a 2 and 3 players but I probably wouldn't want Chubb or Risner. I think our OL is solid enough and Chubb's price tag goes up next season. I'd rather have a combo with Jeudy (since we're probably losing Davante if 12 goes), Dre'Mont Jones, an up-and-coming 3rd year DL who is cheap AF, and maybe throw in Lock. 

Yea, Chubb is a bit tough w/ that contract. The ‘22 hit would soak up a fair amount of the Rodgers savings, unless an extension is made to lower the early hits. And it makes a bit of a backlog at edge w/ the Smiths and Gary. 

24 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

That's way under selling there IMO. Moehrig worth it. Crosby won't get much playing time with the Smiths and Gary. Even though I like Mariotta, him and Jefferson are on one year deals so not that much value there. 

The value of the 1st round picks are the enticing piece there.  unfortunately, LV does not have a lot of young good assets to pick from.  Denver does for sure.  I would want more from the Denver D vs the O.

Some of these projections sound more like you are trading for a super-hot young buck like Mahomes, than a QB who is 37 (38 in December), and (if some rumours are correct) has tried to force himself out of his current team.

The top end of these projections seem ludicrous (to me), like Rodgers for 2x 1s, + 2x 2s + Jeudy + Moehrig ? Who would consider that for even a moment. Take away the 2x 2s and Jeudy and what's left seems closer to what would be offered.

As for 3x 1sts, 1x 2nd, and 3 players ? That isn't going to happen, it just isn't.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Some of these projections sound more like you are trading for a super-hot young buck like Mahomes, than a QB who is 37 (38 in December), and (if some rumours are correct) has tried to force himself out of his current team.

The top end of these projections seem ludicrous (to me), like Rodgers for 2x 1s, + 2x 2s + Jeudy + Moehrig ? Who would consider that for even a moment. Take away the 2x 2s and Jeudy and what's left seems closer to what would be offered.

As for 3x 1sts, 1x 2nd, and 3 players ? That isn't going to happen, it just isn't.

Then you're not getting my superstar MVP QB. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

what multiplier would you place on Rodgers value in 2021 compared to Stafford's value in 2021?

i.e. if it's 1.5x, Rodgers would command 150% the same draft capital that Stafford did.

10 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Brady is 43 and still playing well. Rodgers literally just came off an MVP season. If traded, whichever team getting Rodgers would would be getting him at a ridiculously cheap cap hit for a player of his caliber since the whole signing-bonus chunk and restructure bonus would stay on GB’s cap.

Rodgers’ machinations are not going to lower his value by that much. Other teams would still be bidding with each other for him. GB still controls his contract for 3yr. They have some leverage of their own. If they play hardball and he chooses to sit out the season(s), they could likely reclaim a bunch of his signing bonus & cap hit, and his legacy would take a hit just as much as there’s would.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

A proven player is far less risky and offsets the expected value commensurately.

Would you rather have a 90% chance to hit a triple or a 5% chance to hit a home run?

I get the stance of that option, but for me I still want picks and only picks. I know you feel they are trading him and this debate is much more relevant if they do move him before the season, but I believe the Packers have probably already given Dunn and Rodgers everything they wanted and the trade compensation debate is not something I'm going to pound the table for at this time. That is subject to change though.  

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Then you're not getting my superstar MVP QB. 

............which might put you in a much worse position than taking a lesser number of picks + players.......because playing hardball invites a hardball reply, like keeping a QB who has no interest in playing for your team. As with so many situations like this, ask the question "Where does the power lie ?" How much power to affect the outcome lies with each side ?

As for the comment by @TransientTexan on Brady (43 years old), he is an outlier. Rodgers could be done at 39, we just don't know. Peyton Manning was pretty much shot at that age (and so was brother Eli). Remember that GM's are by nature risk-averse, so while they might make a deal, they WILL be asking the question "What is his floor ?" just as much as looking at his ceiling.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

Not a huge fan of Jeudy, you can find those guys in the draft.  The Packers usually skip those players, so I doubt they would request him.  Nice player but not someone I see the Packers requesting.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Agreed. 

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not a huge fan of Jeudy, you can find those guys in the draft.  The Packers usually skip those players, so I doubt they would request him.  Nice player but not someone I see the Packers requesting.

But...but he was a 1st round WR.

16 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

............which might put you in a much worse position than taking a lesser number of picks + players.......because playing hardball invites a hardball reply, like keeping a QB who has no interest in playing for your team. As with so many situations like this, ask the question "Where does the power lie ?" How much power to affect the outcome lies with each side ?

As for the comment by @TransientTexan on Brady (43 years old), he is an outlier. Rodgers could be done at 39, we just don't know. Peyton Manning was pretty much shot at that age. Remember that GM's are by nature risk-averse, so while they might make a deal, they WILL be asking the question "What is his floor ?" just as much as looking at his ceiling.

Neither side is holding a full house here, a lot to lose on both sides. Probably why both sides are very careful about playing hardball publicly.