Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I think Murphys comments were calculated and weren't just off the cuff.  The Packers have been pretty positive about this up until Murphys past couple of comments.  I think its a sign that cracks are developing in this relationship.  Murphy is a straight shooter, he's goofy looking, but you can trust what he says.  

Yeah, pretty much this. Anyone who thinks that Mark Murphy just "over talked" and "complicated" the matters, that isn't the case. He knew what he was saying and he sure knew what he was doing. Mark Murphy is a lot of things (goofy looking included) but the one thing he isn't? A dummy, the guys calculated. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What? No he's not lol

Seriously. Anyone who thinks there is anything wrong with what Murphy said is an easily triggered snowflake.

I'm just a snowflake. And calling someone "complicated" is a legit compliment. It's not even a disguised one. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what or why or when or how Murphy said Rodgers is "complicated".

C'mon people. Not everything has to outrage you.

Calling someone "complicated" is not a term of endearment.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What? No he's not lol

Seriously. Anyone who thinks there is anything wrong with what Murphy said is an easily triggered snowflake.

I'm just a snowflake. And calling someone "complicated" is a legit compliment. It's not even a disguised one. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what or why or when or how Murphy said Rodgers is "complicated".

C'mon people. Not everything has to outrage you.

Is Murphy your uncle or something?

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Calling someone "complicated" is not a term of endearment.

Youre simple. 

Which ones worse? Lol. Feel like theres pros and cons to both. Its just a personality descriptor.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

People are missing the point. It's not about whether the statement is true or would offend 12 or should offend 12. In fact, I agree that the statement is probably true and shouldnt be a big deal. But why in the hell would you make the statement at all? There's zero utility to making the statement. It was just stupid, the end. It appears Murph should follow his own advice and say as little as possible about this situation moving forward. 

To quote a certain NFL QB R-E-L-A-X.

A characteristic of this entire affair - on all sides (read that to mean: sports media and many fans....) - is people making too much of simple stuff.

15 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Like I said, you’ve prolly logged 100 posts in this thread bitching about ol’ Rodg.  My question stands, when he suits up, will you kiss and make up without a grudge in your heart, or will you stay bitter?  Just wondering.

My position stands, I haven’t bitched about Ol Rodg anywhere.  That’s where your confusion lies.  I have simply pointed out the facts concerning his contract and my opinion on how it should be handled.  Along with my hopes that the team does handle it in a similar matter.  So there is no “making up”.  If he is a Packer great, we like good players, I just hope we’re not buried in a no way out bad contract.  You see, I’m a Packer fan.  Long term.  Not a fan of any one player.  Team above player and franchise above team.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:36 AM, Old Guy said:

#3 ain't happening! There is ZERO chance they give him an opt out clause and get no return! They'd be better suited to trade him now or tell him to sit out the year or retire. 

If Jordan Love is the plan in 2022, then you also don't give him either A or B either. 

I can agree Rodgers feels he's going to need to appear to have won. That could cause this to end poorly. Which is why I'm OK with trading him now 

I agree with the above and that they are on a collision course and the "best" (where both parties can claim a "partial win"), is a trade completed before the season starts, tho a training camp trade, "should/may reduce overall trade compensation" ... more likely forcing it to be only draft picks (no players). Trading team also factors in later arrival of Rodgers (and likely lower 2021 season record & outcome potential) with its trade compensation. 

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I agree with the above and that they are on a collision course and the "best" (where both parties can claim a "partial win"), is a trade completed before the season starts, tho a training camp trade, "should/may reduce overall trade compensation" ... more likely forcing it to be only draft picks (no players). Trading team also factors in later arrival of Rodgers (and likely lower 2021 season record & outcome potential) with its trade compensation. 

Whats the reason to trade Rodgers this season, especially if no players are coming back in return?

On 6/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, 15412 said:

I would never trade him at a reduced value.  We're better off with him retiring, and that should be made clear to him.   

He plays on terms the team can live with (that means no long term guaranteed deal) or he retires and pays the team 8 digits.  With the team option of trading him but only on the teams terms, which means our choice of team and return.  That return can only be giant.  Otherwise, play or stay retired and never play the game again.

GB is better off with him retiring, but the worst case scenario for GB, is AR gets frustrated enough to show up and perform badly (very badly at training camp). He is put on a path to get all his money/bonus, to have a lower injury risk, and still keeps GB in a position where they should look to trade him.

Just now, CriminalMind said:

GB is better off with him retiring, but the worst case scenario for GB, is AR gets frustrated enough to show up and perform badly (very badly at training camp). He is put on a path to get all his money/bonus, to have a lower injury risk, and still keeps GB in a position where they should look to trade him.

You think Rodgers would show up and intentionally do poorly? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You think Rodgers would show up and intentionally do poorly? 

I mean ... anything is possible in negotiations (especially someone who is notoriously known to be stubborn), especially if it's to start training camp and it costs him nothing (neither money, nor stats).

And if he does get traded, the new team will surely fix the contract to AR liking, so he net gains after factoring all the GB fines ($500K + XYZ)

Edited by CriminalMind

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

I mean ... anything is possible in negotiations (especially someone who is notoriously known to be stubborn), especially if it's to start training camp and it costs him nothing (neither money, nor stats)

That would somehow endear him to the players he claims this whole situation is all about? All this players and coaches he loves trying to get in work all the while hes playing saboteur.. K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I know you think Rodg might do what you imply, but he won’t.  His ego wouldn’t allow that and to his credit he would never do that to his mates or the fans.  Of course if he did the simple solution would be for the team to let him swim in his own waste, but again, he won’t do that.  If he comes in he will play his guts out.

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

That would somehow endear him to the players he claims this whole situation is all about? All this players and coaches he loves trying to get in work all the while hes playing saboteur.. K

Players and coaches have basically removed themselves from the equation. Some players have said they understand it's business, while others have said 'they support AR' (they obviously can't say "I don't support AR")

Edited by CriminalMind