Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

It came from the show Happy Days.  As mentioned, the writers came up with an idea that Fonzi would jump a shark on water skis that were in a pen.  It was after this episode the show went downhill, and the ratings dipped.  Jump the shark is term for something being on the downward side or past its prime.  

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It came from the show Happy Days.  As mentioned, the writers came up with an idea that Fonzi would jump a shark on water skis that were in a pen.  It was after this episode the show went downhill, and the ratings dipped.  Jump the shark is term for something being on the downward side or past its prime.  

And to make matters worse, it's a two part episode.....

14 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Henry Winkler also jumped over a shark on Arrested Development when he was playing Barry Zuckercorn.

• Like 2

It still seems odd that she used that...I am guess ing she is saying that AR with the Packers is old and stale? If so...I hope she enjoys her future son in law hanging around the house alot.

There is no way in Hell I trade him...til the offseason...or ever. I don't mean to be a ****...but how does that benefit GB? I only trade him for a massive haul. 

18 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

It still seems odd that she used that...I am guess ing she is saying that AR with the Packers is old and stale? If so...I hope she enjoys her future son in law hanging around the house alot.

There is no way in Hell I trade him...til the offseason...or ever. I don't mean to be a ****...but how does that benefit GB? I only trade him for a massive haul. 

The jump the shark thing was me. Lori Woodley just said something like Stephen A was “speaking absolute truth” or some schitt 

1 hour ago, ifeelasleep said:

yes it is, i thought i responded but i just upvoted 

Haha I was just kidding..I figured it had to be. Awesome though. 

I still remember my childhood rental of that game

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

BREAKING NEWS.....

RichRymanPG -     James Jones said he talked to Aaron Rodgers about a week ago. Says he’s waiting to see what happens just like everyone else, but he expects Rodgers to return to the Packers.

:)

• Like 1

That is just some of the dumbest mularkey I have heard. How have they "disrespected" Rodgers? Not listen to him completely on roster moves, and drafting Love. That's it. Both smart moves given he had been showing a declining trajectory prior to 2020.

It's really just a ridiculous situation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

BREAKING NEWS.....

RichRymanPG -     James Jones said he talked to Aaron Rodgers about a week ago. Says he’s waiting to see what happens just like everyone else, but he expects Rodgers to return to the Packers.

I miss the days when breaking news was breaking news and not breaking speculation of someone who heard something and thinks this or thought that.

• Like 1

Aaron Nagler -   Let’s be real. Short of Rodgers releasing a statement that he possesses proof that Mark Murphy and Brian Gutekunst knowingly participated in the ritualistic killing of kittens, he’s being a gigantic baby if he doesn’t show up next week.

• Jack Wepfer -   This is the sentiment—almost to a T—of pretty much every person/fan I talk to (aka non-Twitter sentiment). Like it or not, Rodgers is losing this PR battle.

6 minutes ago, spilltray said:

That is just some of the dumbest mularkey I have heard. How have they "disrespected" Rodgers? Not listen to him completely on roster moves, and drafting Love. That's it. Both smart moves given he had been showing a declining trajectory prior to 2020.

It's really just a ridiculous situation.

I think you have to go back to the hiring of MLF and the "Don't be the Problem" from Murphy.  Remember the will Rodgers get along with the new coach phase?  Rodgers was coming off some down years for him, and it was around that time they drafted Love.  My opinion is I think the Packers think Rodgers had gotten a little too big for his britches with the McCarthy thing and a slight decline in his play at the time was why they drafted Love..  

Rodgers has become the aunt who brings the greatest pie in the world to the family outing, but becomes so annoying you can't wait until she leaves.  

The only hope for a successful season is if Rodgers gets a Us vs Management approach involving other players.  It might work short term, but its not a good thing for the organization long term.

• Like 2