Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, JBURGE said:

Still fine with it if it was the final straw that alienates Rodgers and forces him out?

I dont see it as forcing Rodgers in any way. He's under contract for years - at a really nice pay level - and he's been extended the same courtesy that numerous other players have been afforded: a promise from the organization that there's a future.  He wants an extension. He wants guarantees. The team wants options. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Disagree. Not trying to convince you of anything, but I'm fine with the Love pick.

This about "regret" for Gutey. So what if he goes down in NFL history as the guy who basically ended Rodgers' career in GB by, in part, prematurely taking a QB....

Imagine if Love doesn't become the next Rodgers....Gute wouldn't be able to get a janitor job in the NFL after that.

Gute just pushed his entire stack of chips into the middle of the High Limit table while holding a 2-8 off suit.  

Edited by packfanfb

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm obviously on the other end of the spectrum on the Rodgers situation than you, which is fine. That being said, if he's traded tomorrow, he's traded tomorrow. I only care about players who wear the Green & Gold. That being said, I'm going to fight (complain) like hell to keep him here first. I'm not team Gutey on this one. No one will ever convince me otherwise that Gute himself has many a nights sat in his office the past few months and regretted Draft Day 2020. 

You know better than anyone I'm on the Team Love train. If Aaron wants to petty his way out of Green Bay, that's on him. He said he learned from the Favre situation but he obviously didn't. 

renews cbs GIF

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I dont see it as forcing Rodgers in any way. He's under contract for years - at a really nice pay level - and he's been extended the same courtesy that numerous other players have been afforded: a promise from the organization that there's a future.  He wants an extension. He wants guarantees. The team wants options. 

Welcome to modern sports dude

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:
6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Still fine with it if it was the final straw that alienates Rodgers and forces him out?

Yes

I know that you are infatuated with Jordan Love, so this makes sense

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

This will make the early picks tonight more interesting.

Can't wait to see GB pop up in the first half of this draft now...

I have been thinking there is a deal that could be done and I think its with the jets if it happens. I am not into the cap ramifications of this type of trade with guaranteed money still on the table but it seems like he would command a lot and the jets have a lot in the way of draft capitol. I just cant see it really happening but I guess its possible.