Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

They offered the extension as damage control, not as part of negotiations

Do you know this to be fact or to be the opinion or narrative that the media is currently spinning? The fact is we don't know WHEN the extension was offered. The media narrative has been getting it wrong the entire draft process and still continue to get it wrong. Gute has already came out and said "Aaron hasn't told me he wants me gone" -- The best thing to do here is to stop assuming what the media is telling us is correct, if it were correct then Aaron Rodgers would also be a Denver Bronco right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Do you know this to be fact or to be the opinion or narrative that the media is currently spinning? The fact is we don't know WHEN the extension was offered. The media narrative has been getting it wrong the entire draft process and still continue to get it wrong. Gute has already came out and said "Aaron hasn't told me he wants me gone" -- The best thing to do here is to stop assuming what the media is telling us is correct, if it were correct then Aaron Rodgers would also be a Denver Bronco right now. 

It was indeed part of a report. I can't even recall who reported it - but it was pretty detailed.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It was indeed part of a report. I can't even recall who reported it - but it was pretty detailed.

Not trying to slight you here man, I just think right now we need to take all reports with a grain of salt. There’s a lot of misinformation out there and none of us really at this point know what is and isn’t true. 

Read this morning the Packers are digging in.  They won't trade Rodgers.  Believe the article.  So either Rodgers plays ball or forget it.  I am not sure this is such a good idea.  If Rodgers isn't fully committed he'll probably play like crap next year. Plus it will have a negative effect on the locker room.  Guess we have about a month for this to be resolved.  If not I'd trade him and stock pile picks and move on.  Clearly the Packers don't see it this way.  Understand it sets a bad precedent but if you can get a haul it's probably the best move for the future.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Not trying to slight you here man, I just think right now we need to take all reports with a grain of salt. There’s a lot of misinformation out there and none of us really at this point know what is and isn’t true. 

No worries. I fell down the same rabbit hole with the Mac firing. 

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think it's very likely he feels he should be rewarded AGAIN for that "hard work" he put in being a professional that is compensated to do those things he did EVERY year. And now he's a little butthurt that everyone in the FO isn't groveling to him.

He should be, well not the groveling part which is not really the truth of it.  He's grossly outperformed his contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He should be, well not the groveling part which is not really the truth of it.  He's grossly outperformed his contract.

Name the number of quarterbacks who have won a Super Bowl in the past ten years who have made more than him.

If he outperformed his contract last year, he underperformed from 2015 through 2019 and should pay some of that back.

Outperformed?  Lol.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Read this morning the Packers are digging in.  They won't trade Rodgers.  Believe the article.  So either Rodgers plays ball or forget it.  I am not sure this is such a good idea.  If Rodgers isn't fully committed he'll probably play like crap next year. Plus it will have a negative effect on the locker room.  Guess we have about a month for this to be resolved.  If not I'd trade him and stock pile picks and move on.  Clearly the Packers don't see it this way.  Understand it sets a bad precedent but if you can get a haul it's probably the best move for the future.

Just deal the guy for the haul.  All the reports out there say that a team wanting to acquire Rodgers will have to part with (3) #1 picks, (2) players on rookie contracts, and possible middle round picks.  If we can get remotely close to that .. do it, and don't look back.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a decision-maker for an NFL team outlined what it might cost the Raiders to trade for Rodgers, and it is understandably exorbitant.

According to this NFL executive, it would likely require the Raiders to surrender their first-round pick in each of the next three years, two of their better young players on rookie contracts, and maybe one or two mid-round picks.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/the-cost-to-trade-for-aaron-rodgers-would-be-astronomical-2343107/

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Do you think he's going to outperform his 37 million cap this year?

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Just deal the guy for the haul.  All the reports out there say that a team wanting to acquire Rodgers will have to part with (3) #1 picks, (2) players on rookie contracts, and possible middle round picks.  If we can get remotely close to that .. do it, and don't look back.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a decision-maker for an NFL team outlined what it might cost the Raiders to trade for Rodgers, and it is understandably exorbitant.

According to this NFL executive, it would likely require the Raiders to surrender their first-round pick in each of the next three years, two of their better young players on rookie contracts, and maybe one or two mid-round picks.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/the-cost-to-trade-for-aaron-rodgers-would-be-astronomical-2343107/

Yah if they could get close to that I'd ship him out.  Our chances of winning a Superbowl with a disgruntled Rodgers is pretty low anyway.  Get the haul and start building for the future.  It will be tough next year but so what.  Packers could be back in contention in a few years with a much more healthy situation. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If Rodgers is OK to sit back and let a report that he wants a young GM with 3 kids to lose his job in order for him to play for the Packers again, without squashing it if it isn't true so that he can use it as leverage in negotiations, that's an indictment of his character.

OH we're playing the kids card now? hahaha give me a break this is the NFL.

This isn't T ball.  There will be winners and losers. 

If you're on the team I couldn't give a rat's *** what your personality is.  Be an arsehole, be a snake, just don't be a violent criminal or small-minded prejudicial d-bag and you're fine in my book.  Be a nice nerdy big man like Mike Daniels. Great.

To me, these flaws are way more relatable than a phony brain-dead, creepy, out of touch, "throw the ball around the back yard" attitude like Brett Favre, or an overly religious, oblivious, foot in his mouth, phony good guy like Drew Brees. 

Rodgers takes his job seriously and if it's true he wants the GM fired, so be it.  In no way should the organization buckle to his demand, but I'm not gonna hold the lack of squashing a report against him, especially if the report is true and he does want Gute fired.