Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Another thing to consider- if he squashes some aspect of what’s been reported, he would basically be confirming everything else by omission.  If his goal is to keep some level of plausible deniability while things play out, he shouldn’t say anything at all about what has been reported.

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Name the number of quarterbacks who have won a Super Bowl in the past ten years who have made more than him.

If he outperformed his contract last year, he underperformed from 2015 through 2019 and should pay some of that back.

Outperformed?  Lol.

name the number of lumberjacks who cut 500 trees per year more than the next highest lumberjack.  Abt as relevant as your first challenge.

If he outperformed his contract last year, he underperformed from 2015 through 2019 and should pay some of that back.

ok.... but that's not how this works.  Even if you believe that to be true, which I don't.  Fact is he outperformed his remaining contract as soon as he won MVP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Get over the family thing. They have some blame in that situation

I am completely on his side in that, for what it’s worth. But it is a demonstration of how committed he can be about these things. 

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He should be, well not the groveling part which is not really the truth of it.  He's grossly outperformed his contract.

He signed what a 4 year contract and definitely hadn't grossly outperformed it the previous two years.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

name the number of lumberjacks who cut 500 trees per year more than the next highest lumberjack.  Abt as relevant as your first challenge.

ok.... but that's not how this works.  Even if you believe that to be true, which I don't.  Fact is he outperformed his remaining contract as soon as he won MVP.

at the time he signed his contract he was the highest paid player in NFL history. And it stayed that way until Mahommes got his. No?  This wasn't Lamar Jackson on his rookie contract winning MVP, he was paid very well.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Just deal the guy for the haul.  All the reports out there say that a team wanting to acquire Rodgers will have to part with (3) #1 picks, (2) players on rookie contracts, and possible middle round picks.  If we can get remotely close to that .. do it, and don't look back.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a decision-maker for an NFL team outlined what it might cost the Raiders to trade for Rodgers, and it is understandably exorbitant.

According to this NFL executive, it would likely require the Raiders to surrender their first-round pick in each of the next three years, two of their better young players on rookie contracts, and maybe one or two mid-round picks.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/the-cost-to-trade-for-aaron-rodgers-would-be-astronomical-2343107/

3 first round picks, best players on rookie deals + mid round picks. Gute has to pull the trigger on a deal like that. 

9 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

He signed what a 4 year contract and definitely hadn't grossly outperformed it the previous two years.

Then why are teams lining up to send multiple first round picks and players to secure this player on this contract.

2 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

3 first round picks, best players on rookie deals + mid round picks. Gute has to pull the trigger on a deal like that.

I would think 5 1sts is the asking price in a vacuum.  Depends who the players are.  Raiders don't have a lot of good players tbh.

2 1sts and Russ is the deal I'd be excited to take right now (btw that offer is NOT coming).  

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Then why are teams lining up to send multiple first round picks and players to secure this player on this contract.

Are we really arguing that prior to last season, Aaron Rodgers was still doing Aaron Rodgers like things? He wasn't - If he was the Jordan Love pick is never made. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Do you think he's going to outperform his 37 million cap this year?

I think he's going to grossly outperform the remaining 3 years of his contract, yes.  he's like a $50M/year player

39 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He should be, well not the groveling part which is not really the truth of it.  He's grossly outperformed his contract.

did he give money back the 2 seasons before when he grossly underperormed?

lol, I'll never get over this take...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Are we really arguing that prior to last season, Aaron Rodgers was still doing Aaron Rodgers like things? He wasn't - If he was the Jordan Love pick is never made. 

what does this have to do with now?  He's the MVP