Jump to content

Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah exactly!  His contract is crap from a job security standpoint.  How do you totally get it and yet stick your head in the sand regardless.

i guess aaron stuck his head in the sand even worse when he signed it

you should be his agent!

Link to post
Share on other sites

See some pie in the sky asking prices around here.  Newsflash we aren't getting 5 1st's.  Don't think we'll get 3 1st's either.  Granted he is MVP but something around Stafford is a lot more realistic.  He is 37 after all.  If he gets moved it will be 2 1st's maybe a 2nd and a player.  At most.  As I mentioned earlier sounds like the Packers will dig in and will not trade him regardless.  They will bet on him coming back rather than sitting out all year.  Still this is the most likely scenario.  Rodgers comes back for at least one more year.  He'll be a year older and probably not play well which will drive his value down even further. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Yet still, in this depressed market (which is there for a reason, like lowered salary caps, teams not being able to win while paying megacontracts, etc.) you want to take the guy that has the highest cap hit in 2021 BY FAR (16% more than the next QB) and increase his salary?

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2021/

2021 is the hump in the camel, cap hit wise.  Over the next 3 years he's getting just over 35/year - Tannehill money.  Russ is getting 37, Ryan like 40, Cousins 38, Mahomes 40+, etc.

Rodgers is on a 3 year deal.  not a 1 year deal.  His 3 year deal is super team friendly.  His 1 year deal is not, but it's more than team fair given his production.

It's really surprising how out of touch y'all are with the QB market.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

i guess aaron stuck his head in the sand even worse when he signed it

you should be his agent!

I could attempt his contract negotiation.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I could attempt his contract negotiation.

"GB FO, Aaron would like to double his already record-setting contract in years he plays well, but is not interested in refunding money in case he doesn't play well. Does that work for you?"

good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, incognito_man said:

"GB FO, Aaron would like to double his already record-setting contract in years he plays well, but is not interested in refunding money in case he doesn't play well. Does that work for you?"

good luck!

I could attempt a 50 yard FG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I could attempt his contract negotiation.

Oh OK.  Good luck with that.  So you could be GM too right?  Why not? why you are at it you should request to be the HC.  Hell why don't we just fire the entire FO and replace them with skillbrett?  A lot of ignorant posts floating around but his one takes the cake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Oh OK.  Good luck with that.  So you could be GM too right?  Why not? why you are at it you should request to be the HC.  Hell why don't we just fire the entire FO and replace them with skillbrett?  A lot of ignorant posts floating around but his one takes the cake.

He said attempt, not complete :)

It's a running joke with him here, I thought it was pretty good tbh

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, it's far from strange for underpaid players to negotiate for better and more secure deals.

 

GB could guarantee Rodgers more money in 2022/2023, lower his 2021/2022 cap hit, and extend the Rodgers window into 2022.  Pretty easily I'd bet.

 

You sound so out of touch talking about refunding money lol.  All about what he's worth NOW relative to the deal he has in hand.  Past is the past, what does it tell you about the future?  That you have a top 3-5 QB for the next 2-4 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

You sound so out of touch talking about refunding money lol.  All about what he's worth NOW relative to the deal he has in hand.  Past is the past, what does it tell you about the future?  That you have a top 3-5 QB for the next 2-4 years.

you sound like you can only imagine one side of the bargaining table. Nowhere in the world does one side assume all the risk...

Edited by incognito_man
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Gotta feeling when push comes to shove and IF the Packers trade Rodgers, Murphy is going to sell the Packers short.

Gute is going to be a bulldog and dig in on a trade deal and demand this or that over a period of time.    Softy Murphy gets tired of the whole thing and the PR aspect of it,, comes in a gives him away on a deal that will leave Packer fans scratching their heads.  Just like Robert Kraft giving Garrappalo to SF. 

"We wanted to thank Aaron with this trade for his career in Green Bay"

Watch!!! 😬

 

Ugh I could see that, that would suck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why aren't more teams trading franchise QBs if the asking price is your last 3 successful first round selections and your next 5 future first rounders?  

I mean that's a high price for a guy who's been a trash QB that wasn't earning his contract in 2 of the last 3 years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skibrett15 said:

In all seriousness, it's far from strange for underpaid players to negotiate for better and more secure deals.

GB could guarantee Rodgers more money in 2022/2023, lower his 2021/2022 cap hit, and extend the Rodgers window into 2022.  Pretty easily I'd bet.

You sound so out of touch talking about refunding money lol.  All about what he's worth NOW relative to the deal he has in hand.  Past is the past, what does it tell you about the future?  That you have a top 3-5 QB for the next 2-4 years.

The thing is, apparently (key word here since none of us really has any clue what we're talking about) he's asking for very long term guarantees. I doubt GB has much of a problem doing what you just said: convert some salary to signing bonus, spread the cap hit, maybe add one year at the end. If he's asking for more money and particularly more guaranteed money in years 2023 and later, that's where I side with GB in not wanting to commit that long.

I get that Aaron doesn't like it but GB can't just commit guaranteed money for 3+ years every time the guarantees run out, and so on until he decides to retire. If he really wants to retire a Packer he should follow what other guys like Drew Brees have been doing with their contracts - more guarantees, less years, more frequent contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Way early --- but what % chance do you give Rodgers being the Opening Day starter ??? 

I'm gonna say 20% - I think we might see a standoff

Nah I'll take the other side.  I'd give it about an 80% chance he'll be the opening day starter.  He's either going to play or sit.  The Packers aren't going to trade him they have made that abundantly clear.  It's going to be an ugly summer but in the end Rodgers will report.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...