Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

On 5/2/2021 at 7:14 AM, wgbeethree said:

I'll never be mad at an employee for wanting to be happy. I'll never get mad at an employer for trying to run a business the best they see fit. 

As a Rodgers fan I'm a little disappointed. As a Packers fan I'm a little disappointed. 

I get both sides. 

GTFO with this sensible, even-handed stuff, this is a goddamn PACKERS FORUM, you're embarrassing everyone. 

I mean doesn't half of this **** just sound completely made up? It's almost like Rodgers is sitting there laughing with his boys saying, "wait, now leak that getting rid of Kumerow was the 'death knell' lmaoooo."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Gute has showed his arrogance couple of times. May be they dont stick well with Rodgers. 

For Ex :- Arod went and praised Jake Kumerow last year and he was cut 2 days after that. He was a very good blocker and we dont have that much talent as well. 
Can it happen with Manning/Brees etc after openly endorsing a WR.? Dont bring on Brady here, because Belichick was GOAT and he was making those decisions. 

I truely think it not only Love, but their are small small other things that rub Arod on the wrong side as well. 

Haha, I called it day before yesterday itself. You have to read your QB’s mindset. 

lol. I know Gutey released him just to piss of Arod. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean doesn't half of this **** just sound completely made up? It's almost like Rodgers is sitting there laughing with his boys saying, "wait, now leak that getting rid of Kumerow was the 'death knell' lmaoooo."

I bet this is real. And I think it has nothing to do with Kumerow per say.

it has to do with the fact that they cut him right after Rodgers spent a good amount of time talking him up. It made Rodgers feel dumb. Hof QB can’t judge wr talent. Talking up some guy that got cut the next day.

I think it’s more that then anything... again love the player but Rodgers is small in this way.

Edited by Green19

3 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Haha, I called it day before yesterday itself. You have to read your QB’s mindset. 

lol. I know Gutey released him just to piss of Arod. 

Yeah Gute realized that 16 was the weapon that AR was lacking (and Gute was withholding) so to keep AR from succeeding - so Love could be brought on faster - Gute canned Kumerow. Now I've got it.

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Oh I’m sure but it’s like what are we doing? It’s like crazy pills.

I thought the issue was they didn’t spend high picks or money on weapons for him? But now it’s hurt feelings over an UDFA, that has done next to nothing in the league? 

Look a report coming out saying he is crazy pissed they didn’t resign linsey... and he doesn’t want to break in a new center this late in his career. I mean we can all agree why he would be upset over that... but really kumerow? That’s the piece that’s going to topple this empire? Kumerow

You cannot reason with someone who does not want to be reasoned with. All these things are just issues because he is choosing to make them issues. I was laughing about Watson's demands of the Texans (before the off-field issues surfaced) but now we have a similar issue with Rodgers. I can understand their (star players) discontent but things become public because he chose to leak them, directly or indirectly. You cannot be a star player who plays favorites and expects management to build a team around what you want.

Rodgers is almost 38. He has made enough money from the league that $$ should not be his primary concern anymore. And yet, he seems to be making term and $$ an issue. The Linsey and Kumerow issues are mostly just non monetary reasons to justify his anger towards the $$/term situation.

I want Rodgers back because he gives us the best chance to win. But if the cost is detrimental to the future of the team, I won't shed a single tear if he walks away. Didn't do it for Favre, won't do it for Rodgers.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

this is essentially what I said earlier. Aaron could probably care less about what GB does with Jordan Love, but he wants to stick it to the team by forcing them to financially commit to him for the duration of Love's rookie contract (thus effectively turning him into a wasted pick).

I can see that as a possibility. Or he could see the improvement from Love and wants to force GB’s hand now. 

Regardless, if he  continues to play well, he’ll continue to be the QB. 

Just now, Leader said:

Yeah Gute realized that 16 was the weapon that AR was lacking (and Gute was withholding) so to keep AR from succeeding - so Love could be brought on faster - Gute canned Kumerow. Not I've got it.

You have to remember the sequence of events.

Arod talked high about Jake Kumerow. Its not only his opinion, even Matt L talked very high about him(Blocking Skills etc) on the same day. 

Next day we have seen him sent packing.

Matt L has moved on and Arod hasn’t..

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

You have to remember the sequence of events.

Arod talked high about Jake Kumerow. Its not only his opinion, even Matt L talked very high about him(Blocking Skills etc) on the same day. 

Next day we have seen him sent packing.

Matt L has moved on and Arod hasn’t..

I remember the sequence of events. AR made some locker room comments about some players - as he did probably every day after practice. Was Kumerow the only one that was ever released or demoted?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I remember the sequence of events. AR made some locker room comments about some players - as he did probably every day after practice. Was Kumerow the only one that was ever released or demoted?

No, but this one sounded like obvious.

Because we are thin at WR at that point and releasing Kumerow who atleast was better in blocking didn’t looked like a great decision. 

8 minutes ago, R T said:

BREAKING NEWS: The Green Bay Packers just signed Jake Kumerow to a 5 Year, 150M deal making him the highest paid WR in the NFL. 

You forgot to mention the 145 void years to make the cap work 

3 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

No, but this one sounded like obvious. Because we are thin at WR at that point and releasing Kumerow who atleast was better in blocking didn’t looked like a great decision. 

I never considered him more than an end of the depth chart / hanger on. Nothing against his game necessarily - but he was more "intangibles" than pure talent....and again, AR has good things to say about a range of players during training camp....many of whom wind up elsewhere or on the PS.