Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Yes - according to the report an extension was offered. But be real. If Rodgers had to be pissed off before it was offered, well, how would you feel ? How well would you receive it ?? And the smoking gun for me is the repeated trips by the brass. If they're squeaky clean, why the need to go out there multiple times ?? I'm gonna remove myself from this soon because I'm probably coming off as a Rodgers apologist, but IMO there is a scenario here where the Packers have some blame. And to be clear, I'm only using two criteria until the other noise is clarified. There was contract discussion where Rodgers got pissed off, and multiple trips were made back out there. The only other piece of info I find interesting is Gute saying he's been in touch with veteran QB's for camp. Since when is that a thing ??

I agree with you that I believe the Packers blundered here, so I think they should shoulder part of the blame.  Your quarterback has been expressing a desire to gain certainty over his future, and he wants it to be with the Packers.  An offer to restructure would not be received by me positively as achieving that goal.  So I can see where he is upset and probably told Gute and or Murphy to get the hell out of Dodge.  But, then when the team came back and offered to extend his contract...even if I were really mad at Gute, I would have said, "Thanks, I appreciate you're coming around on this issue that was important to me.  Let's discuss".  No one knows the details of that offer, but apparently it was rebuffed.  But even if the initial offer was not to his liking, keep talking, contracts take a while to get done to everyone's liking.  So I can understand the sore feelings and their normal during a protracted negotiation.  But, if the rumor that he said he would not come back to the Packers unless they fired Gute, that is beyond what he should have asked for.

At this point, this is still repairable.  Rodgers himself has not said anything publicly and until that happens their is still a chance to repair the relationship or at least get it to the point where Rodgers coexists with Gute and Packer management still wants to play for and retire a Packer.  He will still be revered by Packer fans....once he speaks, that could be all gone.  He has to decide what he wants his legacy to be.  The Packers say they want him...does he want them.  
They both have a lot of hard work to do and it will take both of them to get it done.

I feel most for our coach, he really wants Rodgers and its got to be killing him that they cannot get along.

27 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

You cannot reason with someone who does not want to be reasoned with. All these things are just issues because he is choosing to make them issues. I was laughing about Watson's demands of the Texans (before the off-field issues surfaced) but now we have a similar issue with Rodgers. I can understand their (star players) discontent but things become public because he chose to leak them, directly or indirectly. You cannot be a star player who plays favorites and expects management to build a team around what you want.

Rodgers is almost 38. He has made enough money from the league that $$ should not be his primary concern anymore. And yet, he seems to be making term and $$ an issue. The Linsey and Kumerow issues are mostly just non monetary reasons to justify his anger towards the $$/term situation.

I want Rodgers back because he gives us the best chance to win. But if the cost is detrimental to the future of the team, I won't shed a single tear if he walks away. Didn't do it for Favre, won't do it for Rodgers.

Oh I understand all of this... my point is nothing is coherent, unless you read everything thru the lens of someone that is emotional and mentally insecure with themselves.

Like the issue as it’s been presented is that GB doesn’t go  “all in”, right? What does that mean as we all understand it... they don’t sign free agents that have recognizable names and use high draft picks on positions of need and on college players everyone knows. Correct?

But everything from Rodgers camp is about an udfa wr getting cut and wanting a new deal and more money. How does any of that gets us to going all in for Rodgers?

Say what you want but if Rodgers wants all in then maybe he should be too like Brady where it’s not about signing the largest contract.

like it’s just confusing because it doesn’t add up... outside of that Rodgers is just a child at this point and everything is seen as an attack against him by the organization.

Edited by Green19

8 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Not buying the Kumerow thing.  He has a great story, but has been unable to catch on with multiple teams in the NFL.  If Rodgers was upset about Kumerow getting cut then the man needs help....

Agree,   if Kumerow was that good,  Rodgers sure ignored him a lot.    

• Like 1

One of the comments in the article

Rob Demovsky and Jason Wilde were on the local Green Bay station last night. Demovsky has spoken with players and he said the odds of Rodgers returning are less than 5%. Demovsky said this has blown up the whole organization, said it’ll harm free agency, inferred that Davante is gone after next year.

Wilde was slightly more optimistic and thought as time goes on Rodgers may contemplate returning for the players sake. That’s my thoughts too. Rodgers is done, done, done with the front office. Only the players can get him to return. Wilde said this started with Jordy being let go. It’s been one thing after another where the F/O has treated him like a long snapper.

Even with the Love trade up, it doesn’t appear that was straw that broke the camel’s back. He had moved on from that. It’s when he takes them to an NFC championship while winning the MVP and they refused to extend his guaranteed money for an EXTRA FREAKING YEAR. He has one guaranteed year left and just wanted an extra one and Gutekunst said no. No doubt that was the final straw. Of course, their offering him the moon now but sounds like Rodgers has already checked out.

Gutekunst considered drafting Kizer and Drew Lock. Appears he’s been pushing Rodgers out the door since he got the GM job. All the homers that think Love is a lock to be a star, consider the QB acumen of Gutekunst’s pass QB considerations. Every beat reporter up here will tell you Love is no where near ready to take an NFL snap. He had no training camp, and walked around in jeans on the sidelines all year. Rodgers knows this and he also knows they’re cap strapped and can’t afford even a semi-decent vet QB. They’ll go 0-17 or 1-16 or some other horrendous record. Gute/Murphy’s jobs will definitely be on the line after that fiasco. Murphy/Gute think the two consecutive championships are due to their genius. Rodgers said, well see about that. How many FA’s you think Gute’s going to sign after Davante books and they’re 1-16 ?

One thing people are missing is the absolute brilliance of Rodgers timing in all of this. A couple hours before the draft while Gute is lining up the draft board, his phone is ringing off the hook with Rodgers offers. Gute denies that but Jason Wilde will tell you they’ve had many calls. Media is swarming like locusts. Turned the entire team on it’s head, gave Murphy/Gutekunst a nitro glycerin enema. No one deserves it more than these two idiots. Who drives a HOF QB out of town with four good years left in him ? The Bears called Andy Freaking Dalton before they drafted Justin Fields for Chrissakes.

I think Rodgers reached the point where……………….you want your golden 1st rounder so bad, be my guest. Here ya’ go, I’m out. Why do you think Rodgers has been hosting Jeopardy ? Jeopardy pays between $12-$20 million per-year. If Rodgers is paid top end at $20 large, he owes the Packers $23 million I believe. So, he eats $3 mill. That’s his light bill. Big deal.

Gutekunst and Murphy may have set this franchise back for years with their idiocy. They asked Gutekunst about Rodgers wanting him out. He said he hadn’t heard that from Aaron directly or publicly. He’s right, it was reported Rodgers told Murphy that. Rodgers had this planned, the timing, the story drops. This isn’t a guy trying some negotiating ploys. He’s burning bridges with the Front office.

Murphy won’t fire Gutekunst because he thinks it sets a precedent of a player running the front office show. The precedent he’s really setting though is he’s allowing a GM to ruin a SB caliber team without consequence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Gotta feeling when push comes to shove and IF the Packers trade Rodgers, Murphy is going to sell the Packers short.

Gute is going to be a bulldog and dig in on a trade deal and demand this or that over a period of time.    Softy Murphy gets tired of the whole thing and the PR aspect of it,, comes in a gives him away on a deal that will leave Packer fans scratching their heads.  Just like Robert Kraft giving Garrappalo to SF. 

"We wanted to thank Aaron with this trade for his career in Green Bay"

Watch!!! 😬

Can't you just see the commissioner get involved like he did during the Favre fiasco. 

Goodell to Murphy "You have to do what's in the best interest of the NFL and trade him"

Murphy to Goodell "Yes, we bow to you oh great one"

Me to Goodell:  "How would Jerry respond to you about this"  "Go to Hell".

47 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean doesn't half of this **** just sound completely made up? It's almost like Rodgers is sitting there laughing with his boys saying, "wait, now leak that getting rid of Kumerow was the 'death knell' lmaoooo."

wait what

why would Team Aaron leak something that embarrassing and petty about him lol

4 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Rob Demovsky and Jason Wilde were on the local Green Bay station last night. Demovsky has spoken with players and he said the odds of Rodgers returning are less than 5%. Demovsky said this has blown up the whole organization, said it’ll harm free agency, inferred that Davante is gone after next year.

Wilde was slightly more optimistic and thought as time goes on Rodgers may contemplate returning for the players sake. That’s my thoughts too. Rodgers is done, done, done with the front office. Only the players can get him to return. Wilde said this started with Jordy being let go. It’s been one thing after another where the F/O has treated him like a long snapper.

Even with the Love trade up, it doesn’t appear that was straw that broke the camel’s back. He had moved on from that. It’s when he takes them to an NFC championship while winning the MVP and they refused to extend his guaranteed money for an EXTRA FREAKING YEAR. He has one guaranteed year left and just wanted an extra one and Gutekunst said no. No doubt that was the final straw. Of course, their offering him the moon now but sounds like Rodgers has already checked out.

Gutekunst considered drafting Kizer and Drew Lock. Appears he’s been pushing Rodgers out the door since he got the GM job. All the homers that think Love is a lock to be a star, consider the QB acumen of Gutekunst’s pass QB considerations. Every beat reporter up here will tell you Love is no where near ready to take an NFL snap. He had no training camp, and walked around in jeans on the sidelines all year. Rodgers knows this and he also knows they’re cap strapped and can’t afford even a semi-decent vet QB. They’ll go 0-17 or 1-16 or some other horrendous record. Gute/Murphy’s jobs will definitely be on the line after that fiasco. Murphy/Gute think the two consecutive championships are due to their genius. Rodgers said, well see about that. How many FA’s you think Gute’s going to sign after Davante books and they’re 1-16 ?

One thing people are missing is the absolute brilliance of Rodgers timing in all of this. A couple hours before the draft while Gute is lining up the draft board, his phone is ringing off the hook with Rodgers offers. Gute denies that but Jason Wilde will tell you they’ve had many calls. Media is swarming like locusts. Turned the entire team on it’s head, gave Murphy/Gutekunst a nitro glycerin enema. No one deserves it more than these two idiots. Who drives a HOF QB out of town with four good years left in him ? The Bears called Andy Freaking Dalton before they drafted Justin Fields for Chrissakes.

I think Rodgers reached the point where……………….you want your golden 1st rounder so bad, be my guest. Here ya’ go, I’m out. Why do you think Rodgers has been hosting Jeopardy ? Jeopardy pays between $12-$20 million per-year. If Rodgers is paid top end at $20 large, he owes the Packers $23 million I believe. So, he eats $3 mill. That’s his light bill. Big deal.

Gutekunst and Murphy may have set this franchise back for years with their idiocy. They asked Gutekunst about Rodgers wanting him out. He said he hadn’t heard that from Aaron directly or publicly. He’s right, it was reported Rodgers told Murphy that. Rodgers had this planned, the timing, the story drops. This isn’t a guy trying some negotiating ploys. He’s burning bridges with the Front office.

Murphy won’t fire Gutekunst because he thinks it sets a precedent of a player running the front office show. The precedent he’s really setting though is he’s allowing a GM to ruin a SB caliber team without consequence.

lol

what a trash take from whoever wrote that. Embarassing.

I say we give Love #16

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

You think that Jeopardy producer is going to want to hire him after this...THINK AGAIN.  You would not want that unstable insecure head case to come into your company because your show could be next in line for this type of treatment.  

And if Love is soo bad, why did a consensus of NFL scouts when asked "where would Love be in this draft" generally conclude he would be the 4th or 5th best quarterback.  Gee where was the 5th best drafted this year.  Oh, only pick 15.  Love might not ever be that good, but he has tools and talent that if developed right can succeed.  You don't think either the Patriots don't take him at pick 15 or that Washington would not take him at pick 21?  How about New Orleans.

15 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Love these write ups that make it seem like no one will go to GB after Rodgers leaves.

One they didn’t come here in mass when he was here. Second... Adams is going to leave? If Gb is willing to pay him what he wants he will stay. GBs money is just as good as anyone else’s.

Just like the Favre situation all over again.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

lol

what a trash take from whoever wrote that. Embarassing.

I say we give Love #16

Whoever wrote that is just an awful useless human being, right everyone?

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Love these write ups that make it seem like no one will go to GB after Rodgers leaves.

One they didn’t come here in mass when he was here. Second... Adams is going to leave? If Gb is willing to pay him what he wants he will stay. GBs money is just as good as anyone else’s.

Just like the Favre situation all over again.

yep.

good riddance to Davante if that's the case

(it's definitely NOT the case, but good riddance to any player that that would EVERY be the case for).