Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

I think this is just pure genius by the Packers!!!!

The front office realise that it is MLF NOT Rodgers that makes this offence tick. Yes, Rodgers was an MVP but he was efficient more than spectacular. I mean his 48TDs how many of them were easy flips within the ten yard line?!?! I can’t recall too many ‘bad man’ throws from last season. MLF needs a smart efficient QB who plays within the system and I think the Packers feel Rodgers with his ego etc is replaceable. Also they get his mental fragility will never get us back to the promised land.

SO…They have engineered this whole thing. They have wound up Rodgers with the communication, making his fragile ego feel insecure and they have done it in a way that makes him look like the bad guy. I mean this whole Kumerow story is all BS.

Why the Packers do this? Rodgers is on the hook for almost $80m over the next two seasons. His contract makes it tough for us to do anything in terms of FA this season and next. They know the year they move on from Rodgers there will be a drop in team play. So they poke the bear to get him upset and get him to ask for an out. They trade him post June 1st, split his dead cap between this season and next. It makes so much sense, we would have had to pay $17m next year anyway to get rid of him. We pay him $19m this season and create $19m in cap space. We then get some cash this year to put towards the roster cos I just don’t see by keeping Rodgers this year how the Packers can even function. We have $2.6m in space, haven’t signed our draft picks, got no roll over for in year acquisitions. We need space. What other deals can we do?

Trading Rodgers post June 1st is a master stroke. We get relief this year, we get space next year. We trade Rodgers at his peek after an MVP season for max value. We take our lumps for the next couple of seasons as we transition. We’ll have the draft capital to rebuild. THIS IS PURE GENIUS.

Gutey is the man!!!!

Also Denver ideal trade partner they have the 4th highest cap space this season so they can rework a deal for Rodgers. They give us Jeudy, as Davante won’t hang around. Lock, remember we wanted Lock. Lock and Love is our future at QB. Also they can throw in Noah Fant for jokes too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Love these write ups that make it seem like no one will go to GB after Rodgers leaves.

One they didn’t come here in mass when he was here. Second... Adams is going to leave? If Gb is willing to pay him what he wants he will stay. GBs money is just as good as anyone else’s.

Just like the Favre situation all over again.

I could see Adam's leaving GB.  He could get a really good payday and possibly a better QB situation leaving GB if Rodgers is not in GB.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I could see Adam's leaving GB.  He could get a really good payday and possibly a better QB situation leaving GB if Rodgers is not in GB.  

If Rodgers goes I'd be alright with letting Davanta go too. Don't want to be spending $20m+ on a 30 year old receiver. This is a time for the Packers to move forward. Get rid of ageing QB and WR. Get young and prepare for our next evolution.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

i'm probably ok letting a 29 yr old WR looking to reset the market who has missed 20% of the games the last 2 years resetting that market elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

If Rodgers goes I'd be alright with letting Davanta go too. Don't want to be spending $20m+ on a 30 year old receiver. This is a time for the Packers to move forward. Get rid of ageing QB and WR. Get young and prepare for our next evolution.

I agree.   I think the non Adams extension this off season was in part related to the Rodgers stuff that was going on behind the scenes and Adams was probably privy to how Rodgers felt on things

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

You don't let him go .. you trade him while you can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not good.  I think Adams will not be resigning in GB, but we won't need him once we get Jerry Jeudy ;)

IF Rodgers leaves via trade, I'd be all for sending Davante with him in a monster deal or somewhere else. That's just consider Davante's age and contact and that we'd likely be going full rebuild mode.

I don't see it happening.

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

IF Rodgers leaves via trade, I'd be all for sending Davante with him in a monster deal. That's just consider Davante's age and contact and that we'd likely be going full rebuild mode.

I don't see it happening.

i don't either, but i'd be all for that, too