Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

I posted a theory a few months back on here about the possibility that Rodgers and Adams might get together to form an exit plan and join a contending team ala Brady and Gronk.

Rodgers probably doesn't want to start all over again to form a new rapport with a new WR that will take a few years to develop especially at his age. Adams knows if he sticks with Rodgers he will continue to produce at a high level and therefore extend his career earning power. With Love being drafted and Adams 1 year away from FA, also they saw how Brady and Gronk maneuvered their way out of New England to Tampa and win a superbowl. They probably looked at each other and said "lets do this, lets make it happen".

With that theory in mind, what if Rodgers is posturing that he wants to stay and get an extension to give the impression that he wants to stay when he in fact he actually doesn't and just want to cause enough trouble to force a trade to the team he wants. Then a year later they complete the plan when Adams hits FA.

Just spitballing here. 😄

Except Adams proved he could produce at a high level even when Hundley was throwing to him. Idk if Adams tweet means he's gone or not though. Always possible I guess.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think Adams is the type to raise a big stink. He's not a diva. I hope he's back because he's a very good player and great lockerroom guy - so my preference is to retain him on a reasonable deal going forward. That said, the moment he starts to chime in on personnel decisions is the minute I start shopping him, too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

I posted a theory a few months back on here about the possibility that Rodgers and Adams might get together to form an exit plan and join a contending team ala Brady and Gronk.

Rodgers probably doesn't want to start all over again to form a new rapport with a new WR that will take a few years to develop especially at his age. Adams knows if he sticks with Rodgers he will continue to produce at a high level and therefore extend his career earning power. With Love being drafted and Adams 1 year away from FA, also they saw how Brady and Gronk maneuvered their way out of New England to Tampa and win a superbowl. They probably looked at each other and said "lets do this, lets make it happen".

With that theory in mind, what if Rodgers is posturing that he wants to stay and get an extension to give the impression that he wants to stay when he in fact he actually doesn't and just want to cause enough trouble to force a trade to the team he wants. Then a year later they complete the plan when Adams hits FA.

Just spitballing here. 😄

They're already on a contending team. Two straight 13-3 seasons advancing all the way to the NFC Championship Game each year. You're suggesting that there is a better option than the Packers? I don't buy that.

Edited by bjenks

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I honestly don't think Adams is the type to raise a big stink. He's not a diva. I hope he's back because he's a very good player and great lockerroom guy - so my preference is to retain him on a reasonable deal going forward. That said, the moment he starts to chime in on personnel decisions is the minute I start shopping him, too.

Yeah I wouldnt see him as a guy to all of a sudden want out even if Rodgers leaves. Obviously anything can happen but I would be very surprised if Adams went that route.

14 minutes ago, bjenks said:

They're already on a contending team. Two straight 13-3 seasons advancing all the way to the NFC Championship Game each year. You're suggesting that there is a better option than the Packers? I don't buy that.

The only better option would be the Niners. 

19 minutes ago, bjenks said:

I would've said the same thing about Brady and Gronk best interest is to stay in New England but guess what they went on to win the superbowl with another team showing everyone it can be done. Even Peyton Manning has done it.

Guaranteed what happened with Brady made Rodgers sit up and take notice.

I think Brady's has given Rodgers the courage to shake things up hence what we're seeing now. Everything appears to be planned, timed for maximum impact.

Did you know that Rodgers and Love share the same agent? Dunn. if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get Rodgers traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. He has alot of $$$ motivation to do this.

Also we have Adams, Rodgers favourite target who is a year away from FA entering the picture, Rodgers who is unhappy with his situation in GB and Dunn being in a unique position to manipulate the situation. It would not surprise me if they are all helping each other. It seems like pieces on the chess board are slowly being lined up for the kill.

Guess what, I bet Love is totally fine with all this because he knows if Rodgers is traded he will become the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers - that's probably why Dunn hasn't been fired yet by one of the QBs for this apparent conflict of interest. He's actually helping them both get what they want.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I’m starting to see why Gb has a hard stance on not really signing guys to 3rd contracts.

Cut bait before the relationship get sour.

It has more to do with the fact that you're likely paying for a player on the downside of their career.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I swear to Christ if Mcafee and Aj Hawk have any kind of insight into this and they're serious that two major things bothering Rodgers are not trading for Will Fuller and cutting Jake Kumerow, I don't know how Gute didn't laugh him out of the room. 

all these reports just sound like people arbitrarily listing facts about things that are well known to the public and hoping that they stick.  "let's try the will fuller angle"   "what about kumerow" "maybe it was the contract"

The only people who know what's really going on are Rodgers, and to a lesser extent Gute/MM/MLF.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

all these reports just sound like people arbitrarily listing facts about things that are well known to the public and hoping that they stick.  "let's try the will fuller angle"   "what about kumerow" "maybe it was the contract"

The only people who know what's really going on are Rodgers, and to a lesser extent Gute/MM/MLF.

people that spend time with Rodgers will necessarily know what's on his mind

2 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

One of the comments in the article

Rob Demovsky and Jason Wilde were on the local Green Bay station last night. Demovsky has spoken with players and he said the odds of Rodgers returning are less than 5%. Demovsky said this has blown up the whole organization, said it’ll harm free agency, inferred that Davante is gone after next year.

Wilde was slightly more optimistic and thought as time goes on Rodgers may contemplate returning for the players sake. That’s my thoughts too. Rodgers is done, done, done with the front office. Only the players can get him to return. Wilde said this started with Jordy being let go. It’s been one thing after another where the F/O has treated him like a long snapper.

Even with the Love trade up, it doesn’t appear that was straw that broke the camel’s back. He had moved on from that. It’s when he takes them to an NFC championship while winning the MVP and they refused to extend his guaranteed money for an EXTRA FREAKING YEAR. He has one guaranteed year left and just wanted an extra one and Gutekunst said no. No doubt that was the final straw. Of course, their offering him the moon now but sounds like Rodgers has already checked out.

Gutekunst considered drafting Kizer and Drew Lock. Appears he’s been pushing Rodgers out the door since he got the GM job. All the homers that think Love is a lock to be a star, consider the QB acumen of Gutekunst’s pass QB considerations. Every beat reporter up here will tell you Love is no where near ready to take an NFL snap. He had no training camp, and walked around in jeans on the sidelines all year. Rodgers knows this and he also knows they’re cap strapped and can’t afford even a semi-decent vet QB. They’ll go 0-17 or 1-16 or some other horrendous record. Gute/Murphy’s jobs will definitely be on the line after that fiasco. Murphy/Gute think the two consecutive championships are due to their genius. Rodgers said, well see about that. How many FA’s you think Gute’s going to sign after Davante books and they’re 1-16 ?

One thing people are missing is the absolute brilliance of Rodgers timing in all of this. A couple hours before the draft while Gute is lining up the draft board, his phone is ringing off the hook with Rodgers offers. Gute denies that but Jason Wilde will tell you they’ve had many calls. Media is swarming like locusts. Turned the entire team on it’s head, gave Murphy/Gutekunst a nitro glycerin enema. No one deserves it more than these two idiots. Who drives a HOF QB out of town with four good years left in him ? The Bears called Andy Freaking Dalton before they drafted Justin Fields for Chrissakes.

I think Rodgers reached the point where……………….you want your golden 1st rounder so bad, be my guest. Here ya’ go, I’m out. Why do you think Rodgers has been hosting Jeopardy ? Jeopardy pays between $12-$20 million per-year. If Rodgers is paid top end at $20 large, he owes the Packers $23 million I believe. So, he eats $3 mill. That’s his light bill. Big deal.

Gutekunst and Murphy may have set this franchise back for years with their idiocy. They asked Gutekunst about Rodgers wanting him out. He said he hadn’t heard that from Aaron directly or publicly. He’s right, it was reported Rodgers told Murphy that. Rodgers had this planned, the timing, the story drops. This isn’t a guy trying some negotiating ploys. He’s burning bridges with the Front office.

Murphy won’t fire Gutekunst because he thinks it sets a precedent of a player running the front office show. The precedent he’s really setting though is he’s allowing a GM to ruin a SB caliber team without consequence.

This has to be spam, right?

• Like 1

I can’t stop looking at the photo of Rodgers in the stands at the derby with his hair slicked back like a sleazy DEA agent from a Michael Mann movie and thinking that he’s just purposely going heel before our eyes. 

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

I would've said the same thing about Brady and Gronk best interest is to stay in New England but guess what they went on to win the superbowl with another team showing everyone it can be done. Even Peyton Manning has done it.

Guaranteed what happened with Brady made Rodgers sit up and take notice.

I think Brady's has given Rodgers the courage to shake things up hence what we're seeing now. Everything appears to be planned, timed for maximum impact.

Did you know that Rodgers and Love share the same agent? Dunn. if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get Rodgers traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. He has alot of $$$ motivation to do this.

Also we have Adams, Rodgers favourite target who is a year away from FA entering the picture, Rodgers who is unhappy with his situation in GB and Dunn being in a unique position to manipulate the situation. It would not surprise me if they are all helping each other. It seems like pieces on the chess board are slowly being lined up for the kill.

Guess what, I bet Love is totally fine with all this because he knows if Rodgers is traded he will become the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers - that's probably why Dunn hasn't been fired yet by one of the QBs for this apparent conflict of interest. He's actually helping them both get what they want.

I just don't see the direct comparison to any of these. Brady didn't win an MVP the year before leaving NE and he didn't have the number 1 offense in the league with a top 5 WR. Peyton Manning also didn't choose to leave, the Colts moved on from him after his neck surgery, mainly because with him gone, they were the worst team in the league and had the benefit of the first pick in the draft.

Rodgers just came off his best statistical season of his career while having a lot of good/great pieces around him. He likes his head coach and he said that he felt much more comfortable in the new system in year 2. Yeah, they came up short last year, but management made an effort to be all in for 2021 by resigning a lot of guys and only letting walk who they absolutely had to. 

Rodgers best chance is here, now. This team was very close, and if it weren't for a couple of boneheaded plays by the defense and some unfortunate ends to drives (INT that should have been PI at the end of the half), they may have been playing in the Super Bowl. Why would you want to jump ship and essentially start over? To me, that doesn't make sense.

I'm going to be so upset if we don't trade Rodgers now!!! This is so much fun and entertaining!!!

What Shanny, McVay and MLF do does not require elite QBs. The aforementioned got to the Super Bowl with Garoppolo and Goff. MLF knows he can win with a decent D, a good run game and an above average QB.

Let's flog our ageing asset(s) and gear up for another big window. Rodgers has run his course here and I'll be super bummed if we end up offering him an extension.

• Like 2