Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

this is nice and all, but not sure it really means much.   Hawk could be acting as a spokes person for Rodgers and providing spin or cover on some things

The hand thing is an inside joke with AJ that's been going on for years at the KD.

Not sure who listened to AJ talk today but it sounds like this is years worth of issues finally bubbling up.  He called the retirement talk and the wanting Gute fired stuff garbage.  He said it has nothing to do with Jordan Love the player.  

Sounded like he wanted the same sort of respect within the organization that Manning and Brady got within their organizations and he's got the opposite.  

This may not mean much but it's sure as hell a lot more than garbage from unnamed sources.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chili said:

I would've said the same thing about Brady and Gronk best interest is to stay in New England but guess what they went on to win the superbowl with another team showing everyone it can be done. Even Peyton Manning has done it.

Guaranteed what happened with Brady made Rodgers sit up and take notice.

I think Brady's has given Rodgers the courage to shake things up hence what we're seeing now. Everything appears to be planned, timed for maximum impact.

Did you know that Rodgers and Love share the same agent? Dunn. if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get Rodgers traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. He has alot of $$$ motivation to do this.

Also we have Adams, Rodgers favourite target who is a year away from FA entering the picture, Rodgers who is unhappy with his situation in GB and Dunn being in a unique position to manipulate the situation. It would not surprise me if they are all helping each other. It seems like pieces on the chess board are slowly being lined up for the kill.

Guess what, I bet Love is totally fine with all this because he knows if Rodgers is traded he will become the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers - that's probably why Dunn hasn't been fired yet by one of the QBs for this apparent conflict of interest. He's actually helping them both get what they want.

I  agree.  Tampa did anything and everything they could.  When Tom Brady pounded on the table for someone they listened (Gronk, Brown, Lenny).  They were willing to take risks and the result was a Super Bowl and a great chance at a second.  

Meanwhile Green Bay plays it safe while refusing to take a risk at all cost.  They let 2 pro bowl caliber players leave while failing to make any sort of improvements.  They invested more into a 3rd sting QB than any other position on the team while all but ignoring ways to make immediate improvements on a team that made it to the NFCC game.  

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

I  agree.  Tampa did anything and everything they could.  When Tom Brady pounded on the table for someone they listened (Gronk, Brown, Lenny).  They were willing to take risks and the result was a Super Bowl and a great chance at a second.  

Meanwhile Green Bay plays it safe while refusing to take a risk at all cost.  They let 2 pro bowl caliber players leave while failing to make any sort of improvements.  They invested more into a 3rd sting QB than any other position on the team while all but ignoring ways to make immediate improvements on a team that made it to the NFCC game.  

the world you live in seems dark

why invent a reality that's less pleasant than the actual one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I would've said the same thing about Brady and Gronk best interest is to stay in New England but guess what they went on to win the superbowl with another team showing everyone it can be done. Even Peyton Manning has done it.

Guaranteed what happened with Brady made Rodgers sit up and take notice.

I think Brady's has given Rodgers the courage to shake things up hence what we're seeing now. Everything appears to be planned, timed for maximum impact.

Did you know that Rodgers and Love share the same agent? Dunn. if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get Rodgers traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. He has alot of $$$ motivation to do this.

Also we have Adams, Rodgers favourite target who is a year away from FA entering the picture, Rodgers who is unhappy with his situation in GB and Dunn being in a unique position to manipulate the situation. It would not surprise me if they are all helping each other. It seems like pieces on the chess board are slowly being lined up for the kill.

Guess what, I bet Love is totally fine with all this because he knows if Rodgers is traded he will become the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers - that's probably why Dunn hasn't been fired yet by one of the QBs for this apparent conflict of interest. He's actually helping them both get what they want.

The thing with Brady was he was a FA.  Rodgers is under contract for 3 more years.  So for AR it is either show up for camp, sit out or retire because Gute and company have made it clear they are not trading him.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the world you live in seems dark

why invent a reality that's less pleasant than the actual one?

Not dark at all.  Just beaus I don't look at EVERY Packer decision as the best decision doesn't mean my life is dark.  Not everyone lives in a reality everything is the fault of one player.  It will always be easier to fling at a player than the origination you spew excuses for.  

I'm sure you are right.  This is all the result ion our terrible QB being the worlds worst human being.  I'm sure every move management has made has been the perfect move.

What did I say that was incorrect?  Show me the improvements that Green Bay made to their roster last offseason.  Surely there must be dozens if I'm inventing something.

Edited by SSG

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Not dark at all.  Just beaus I don't look at EVERY Packer decision as the best decision doesn't mean my life is dark.  Not everyone lives in a reality everything is the fault of one player.  It will always be easier to fling at a player than the origination you spew excuses for.  

I'm sure you are right.  This is all the result ion our terrible QB being the worlds worst human being.  I'm sure every move management has made has been the perfect move.

I'm confident I'm right, too. The evidence certainly suggests as much!

We're different types of fans, it's fine. I am the nerdy type that LOVES getting into the weeds of team building and economics and am a fan of the decision makers and respect them and am envious of their positions. Other fans idolize the players on the field and become attached to them and will support them at the expense of the 'team'. 

Different worldviews.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The thing with Brady was he was a FA.  Rodgers is under contract for 3 more years.  So for AR it is either show up for camp, sit out or retire because Gute and company have made it clear they are not trading him.

The front office has to say this....An AR/Packers split is inevitable, whether ending on good terms or bad....I cannot help but believe there are dynamics here that have yet to be made public....Rodgers after all had to know GB would be searching for his heir apparent, whether it be sooner rather than later...

1 hour ago, SSG said:

It is called a salary cap. Bucs have after all their resigning got $5m still free this year and $25mil for 2022. Before they signed Brady, after the 2019 season they had $58m in space. As much as you/we want the Packers to go all in, they actually can't. We have about $2m in space as of now without signing our rookies and we are $34m over the cap next season. We'll need to make cuts to get under that cap and still have players like Tonyan, MVS and Adams all becoming FA's. 

our MO has always been to resign our own, and as Gutey said, in these times it was quite impressive that we managed to resign Clark, Bahk, Jones and King. There was no money for Linsley, just like the year before there was no money for Bulaga the season before. Teams that can go all in and sign players willy nilly are the ones that are normally bad drafters and just generally poor, thus they have cap space to go crazy.

5 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The front office has to say this....An AR/Packers split is inevitable, whether ending on good terms or bad....I cannot help but believe there are dynamics here that have yet to be made public....Rodgers after all had to know GB would be searching for his heir apparent, whether it be sooner rather than later...

As fans, our views are filled with the chaotic rumors coming from everywhere. Digesting tweets, watching videos, having conversations on message boards. Arguing, speculating. It can make some things seems more disastrous than they might actually be. Gute and Rodgers world doesn't have that chaos, so to speak. Food for thought

10 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I even reacll when he got that record deal he said at the time in an interview it is in essence a three year deal. He knew what he was getting into and one good season can't/shouldn't lead to another big fat pay day 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It has more to do with the fact that you're likely paying for a player on the downside of their career.

And the downside of their perception of the world and how it operates as a whole too it looks like...

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

It is called a salary cap. Bucs have after all their resigning got $5m still free this year and $25mil for 2022. Before they signed Brady, after the 2019 season they had $58m in space. As much as you/we want the Packers to go all in, they actually can't. We have about $2m in space as of now without signing our rookies and we are $34m over the cap next season. We'll need to make cuts to get under that cap and still have players like Tonyan, MVS and Adams all becoming FA's. 

our MO has always been to resign our own, and as Gutey said, in these times it was quite impressive that we managed to resign Clark, Bahk, Jones and King. There was no money for Linsley, just like the year before there was no money for Bulaga the season before. Teams that can go all in and sign players willy nilly are the ones that are normally bad drafters and just generally poor, thus they have cap space to go crazy.

Yes and no.  It comes down to taking risks.  Green Bay takes less risks than any team in the NFL.  There's always ways to get salary cap it's whether Green Bay wants to take the risk.  They'd rather make the playoffs for 3 years than win a Super Bowl and miss the plays twice.  

Free Agency isn't the only way you can improve a team.  Kansas City, who's been the Super Bowl the last two years, got a substantial number of quality starts out of their rookie class.  Tampa Bay got quality contributors with their first 2 picks.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Yes and no.  It comes down to taking risks.  Green Bay takes less risks than any team in the NFL.  There's always ways to get salary cap it's whether Green Bay wants to take the risk.  They'd rather make the playoffs for 3 years than win a Super Bowl and miss the plays twice.  

Free Agency isn't the only way you can improve a team.  Kansas City, who's been the Super Bowl the last two years, got a substantial number of quality starts out of their rookie class.  Tampa Bay got quality contributors with their first 2 picks.

I think Gute is different. He likes to trade up, he made big splashes with the Smith's, Amos and Turner. There was money there to do it. I think the last draft and this draft is dealing with a team that is in transition and trying to even out that transition.

The Chiefs have their starting QB for the next ten years they can be more aggressive, as can Tampa who have Brady realtively cheap and have space to make moves.

Packers are preparing for the future. I think neither the fans nor the front office thought we would be in the Championship game in 2019 and 2020. I fundamentally believe they know with a QB taking up so much cap space and who isn't an elite winner they can only go so far. What for me seperates Mahomes and Brady expecially from Rodgers is a super elite mindset that conquers adversity. Rodgers, while being great doesn't have that and having him on the team they are stuck. This is a team that is trying to move on and create a new identity.  

If Rodgers is traded, I dont think Love plays right away.  I think they bring in a vet until Love is ready.  A telling sign will be if they bring in a legit vet (Not a camp arm) for TC while Rodgers stews.