Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

12 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

It is called a salary cap. Bucs have after all their resigning got $5m still free this year and $25mil for 2022. Before they signed Brady, after the 2019 season they had $58m in space. As much as you/we want the Packers to go all in, they actually can't. We have about $2m in space as of now without signing our rookies and we are $34m over the cap next season. We'll need to make cuts to get under that cap and still have players like Tonyan, MVS and Adams all becoming FA's. 

our MO has always been to resign our own, and as Gutey said, in these times it was quite impressive that we managed to resign Clark, Bahk, Jones and King. There was no money for Linsley, just like the year before there was no money for Bulaga the season before. Teams that can go all in and sign players willy nilly are the ones that are normally bad drafters and just generally poor, thus they have cap space to go crazy.

We are all-in

We have moved as much money from this year to future years as we can. we can sacrificed future years for now - that is the very definition of all-in. Just because you do it by signing all your superstars instead of outside players doesn't mean you aren't all in.

• Like 1

Re a veteran QB , I think you have to go with Love

For starters you can't sign anyone till Rodgers is traded as there is no cap room left whatsoever. If we do trade Rodgers we aren't going to be winning in 21 so I would personally rather take the cap hit now instead of a post June designation. Which would again mean there is nothing left to pay a QB

The one positive is we may get some benefit of the rookie contract of Love.  But if next year we are taking 20m or so dead cap from Rodgers plus all of the void years from Lewis and King and co, you lose all of the benefits.  If we do go Love take the pain now and the cap situation looks a lot better in 22.

And honestly,  if Love isn't ready to go year 2 then they've failed with all of this.

I don't want to trade Rodgers and would hold my ground. But if we do, do it before June - take the full hit cap wise now and its sink or swim with Love. 

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

While I think money can cure a lot of Aaron's issues with the team, I think the trust between the two sides is probably beyond repair.  Even if he returns it's not going to be the same.  You can't make this all better with just money.  If I'm the Packers I'm pissed over this draft day stunt from Rodgers and I'd be contemplating whether I would even want him back.  As a fan I am pissed that he would choose an important day like this to torpedo the Packers organization.   Basically it's an act of war.  I wouldn't be surprised that as this goes on the Packers warm up to a mega deal.  Most of the experts out there think that Rodgers is done in GB, so hopefully the Packers start preparing to get the mother of all returns in return for the malcontent.  Let the Love era begin .. huge challenge for LaFleur, but if he get results from that kid it totally solidifies him as one of the best coaches in the game.

It depends ...

If Rodgers grievance is entirely with Gutey and above then its salvageable as he wouldn't have to work with them on a day to day basis. Its probably not too difficult to build bridges with MLF and the team if they aren't directly in the conflict.

Suspect if it got sorted then once the season started the fans would be back onside.

20 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Roughly half of the players in the NFL overperform their contracts, and roughly half underperform them.  Very few players are correctly valuated.  None of this is ever addressed unless it comes time for a player to sign a new contract (or for a team to waive a player).

I feel like I've seen players who are compensated about right get waived, even, just due to the team's cap situation or perceived replaceability of the player. 

20 hours ago, cannondale said:

Way early --- but what % chance do you give Rodgers being the Opening Day starter ??? 

I'm gonna say 20% - I think we might see a standoff

I'd be shocked if he isn't under center in week 1. Maybe he pouts through training camp a little. 

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m sure Danica, Olivia, Erin and all the others have tried to tell her.

The one thing I could never get over is how his whole family stopped talking to him.  You’ve got one sibling and it’s a spat, two siblings and things get suspicious, but if it’s true Aaron doesn’t talk to any of his family, who is the ***hole?

At the very least, if he has a couple siblings you think one would be like "I'm with you dude, they're messed up" 

12 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

At the very least, if he has a couple siblings you think one would be like "I'm with you dude, they're messed up" 

The thing I find quite strange is that from this time last year being hooked up with Danica within the space of a few months he hooked up with another bird, got engaged and probably got her up the duff too. That's pretty quick by most people's standards. Something definetly ain't right there. 

P.S I have really gone off listening to Pat McAfee. Used to occasionally like checking him out, now it has become a total ball kissing of Rodgers and how the Packers have done him hard blah blah bull.

16 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

That said, Davante's comment could be seen as much as a lobby for GB to make it happen too.

Davante's comment could quite easily be "boy, if Aaron leaves, I'm going to miss him, we've had it good the past few years" 

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

like anything, it's hard to tell when and what straw broke the camel's hump

in a vacuum, it wouldn't lead to this. As an internal stressor for Rodgers when combined with other things, who knows

If Rodgers is compiling his list of grievances, it might be on the list....far down the list in terms of importance, but still on it. 

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Terry was on WSCR The Score yesterday and they asked him what he thought of the Aaron Rodgers story.  He said that this deal is making him look dumber than a box of rocks.  He was very critical of his stance, as he was with Russell Wilson stunt earlier this year. 

15 hours ago, bjenks said:

.... management made an effort to be all in for 2021 by resigning a lot of guys and only letting walk who they absolutely had to. 

I liked Gute's comment a week or two back that "we signed the #1 RB, LT, and CB on the market. They just happened to already be on our team." 

42 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'd be shocked if he isn't under center in week 1. Maybe he pouts through training camp a little. 

When asked yesterday about the chances of Rodgers being back in GB Rob Demovsky put it at 5%.