Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

You can add 10M as a SB and prorrate it together with 90% of his base salary in five years by adding two void years and still clear about 4M in cap space.

Yes, playing with his contract is the only real option. 

The best option is to trade Rodgers after Jun 1.  

The guy is 37 years old.  Is there anybody who really thinks after this fiasco, the Packers are winning a SB??  Its not happening.  And you just got a MVP performance out of him and still couldn't get there.  

Time to cut bait.  

54 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Doing a trade after June 1 just spreads the 38M over 2 years.  Might be better to just take our lumps now, and suck harder and get a better pick than to have another 17M in rodgers charges next offseason as well.

If Rodgers is traded June 1, honestly this team should be gutted

It really makes zero difference in 2022 cap space if they trade him pre-June-1st or post-June-1st. They could trade him post- and rollover all his 2021 cap savings to 2022, cancelling out the extra 2022 dead money charges. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

We can afford to trade him this year if we wanted to before June 1st, but it makes everything else in 2021 tight. 

True, assuming the only thing we receive is future draft picks. Any player assets would likely not fit, unless D.Adams is included in trade. 

58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If we don't have the cap space to trade him we wouldn't have the cap space to keep him. It's a difference of less than a million I think.

We can afford to trade him this year if we wanted to before June 1st, but it makes everything else in 2021 tight. 

The trade off is taking that $16 mil hit in 2021 or 2022.

trading rodgers before June 1st adds $1.15M in cap charge for GB.   So yes, then can but it adds to the cap charge.   After June 1st is different.  

5 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

It really makes zero difference in 2022 cap space if they trade him pre-June-1st or post-June-1st. They could trade him post- and rollover all his 2021 cap savings to 2022, cancelling out the extra 2022 dead money charges. 

post June 1 allows GB some wiggle room for in-season extensions (I see you, Jaire) as well. That's significant.

Just now, squire12 said:

trading rodgers before June 1st adds $1.15M in cap charge for GB.   So yes, then can but it adds to the cap charge.   After June 1st is different.  

Yes, I understand it. I was correcting you when you said we "couldn't afford it". Because we can afford it. It's virtually the same thing as keeping him.

Hearing a few things:

He doesn't want Gute fired as reported.

This has to do with a lot of little things added up.

A couple of which are:

Job/Contract Security

Hes got nothing against Jordan Love. But didn't appreciate not being told.

He was pissed about not trading for Will Fuller at the deadline(even though he later had the PED susp) didn't pursue Fuller in FA ( Rodgers contract didn't help).  They did pursue Smith Schuster but had no money after Aaron Jones signed.

I hear part was taking the ball out of Rodgers hands and kicking the field goal in the NFCCG.  Didnt sit well with him.

The releases of Kumerow and Jordy.

I think he wants a say or they listen to his suggestions in personnel decisions.  Sounds like he gets the heisman when he suggests something upstairs.

Sounding like a lot of petty stuff added up that he's sick of.  

59 minutes ago, R T said:

Lol, I'm seldom speechless but I'm almost there on that one. 

Lets use Amos here as an example, his base salary is 990K this year and the next salary up to replace him on the 51 top salaries would be 780K for a savings of 210K. Wait though, by cutting Amos they would take over 5.4M cap hit for the future money in the contract.  Cap hit 5.4M minus 210K cap savings, that one is going to help the Packers on or off the field. 

I listed some options GB would have in the proposal by Brandt?? on giving Rodgers a bunch more money for 2021 but nothing more down the line.  I don't think that is the right thing to do both financially or performance wise on the field

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

Where is that money going to come from?  We are up against the cap right now.

Wouldn't need to do anything with the cap.

As Randy Moss said, straight cash homie... Packers can increase his take home pay. Brandt talked about it on his pod. 

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hearing a few things:

He doesn't want Gute fired as reported.

This has to do with a lot of little things added up.

A couple of which are:

Job/Contract Security

Hes got nothing against Jordan Love. But didn't appreciate not being told.

He was pissed about not trading for Will Fuller at the deadline(even though he later had the PED susp) didn't pursue Fuller in FA ( Rodgers contract didn't help).  They did pursue Smith Schuster but had no money after Aaron Jones signed.

I hear part was taking the ball out of Rodgers hands and kicking the field goal in the NFCCG.  Didnt sit well with him.

The releases of Kumerow and Jordy.

I think he wants a say or they listen to his suggestions in personnel decisions.  Sounds like he gets the heisman when he suggests something upstairs.

Sounding like a lot of petty stuff added up that he's sick of.  

Imo that is the only legit gripe. His contract is team friendly on the back end because it paid him huge up front. Roster moves aren't something he's going to get a say on most of the time. 

It's seriously like he learned all the wrong lessons from the Favre fiasco.