Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

I know there was talk here prior to the Rodgers draft-day drama that Rodgers should be traded after this season to start the rebuilding process and see what Love can do.

At this time, if Rodgers returns, is there any realistic chance that we can really do that. I would assume that his new contract/restructure would lock him into GB for atleast 1-2 more years, right?

Really can't see this working out.  With all this back and forth going on.  You got a MVP season out of Rodgers and still didn't make it to the SB.   Rodgers is the guy who threw the stink bomb in the organization, and that smell isn't coming out of the locker room anytime soon.   

6 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I know there was talk here prior to the Rodgers draft-day drama that Rodgers should be traded after this season to start the rebuilding process and see what Love can do.

At this time, if Rodgers returns, is there any realistic chance that we can really do that. I would assume that his new contract/restructure would lock him into GB for atleast 1-2 more years, right?

If Rodgers returns that would lock him here for 2021. After that he's probably gone. It makes no sense for GB to commit him further than he's already commited.

40 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Really can't see this working out.  With all this back and forth going on.  You got a MVP season out of Rodgers and still didn't make it to the SB.   Rodgers is the guy who threw the stink bomb in the organization, and that smell isn't coming out of the locker room anytime soon.   

And IMO this is the crux of what's gnawing at Rodgers....Having made it to the NFCCG two years in a row and coming up short....Wouldn't surprise me he is having a tough time getting psyched for another season, knowing the possibility it may end the exact same way....These claims of Kumerow being cut are simply a ruse and a way of diverting what is really going on in his noggin....

51 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

God I would hope not.  After the media circus on draft day he just left the whole Packer organization with egg on their face.  I would hope after that they won't cave to any of his demands.  Threw the entire organization under th bus. Time to play hardball.  If he does play in GB 2021 it will be his last year.  I think it's going to get real ugly.  He's going to hold out and the Packers are going to refuse to trade him.  I would let things calm down and if it isn't resolved by June 1 I'd open up an auction and send him packing to the highest bidder.  Packers should save us all the drama and just trade the guy.  Still crickets from Aaron which enrages me ever further.  

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And IMO this is the crux of what's gnawing at Rodgers....Having made it to the NFCCG two years in a row and coming up short....Wouldn't surprise me he is having a tough time getting psyched for another season, knowing the possibility it may end the exact same way....These claims of Kumerow being cut are simply a ruse and a way of diverting what is really going on in his noggin....

If he doesn't have the fire in the summer, it definitely won't be burning in Lambeau in January. Bad attitude is a liability. It seems that a good portion of this board would do well to go re-watch Favre in the 2007-2008 NFCCG. 

If he wants to be in GB, it'll happen. If he wants to be somewhere else, I'll take value in line with trading the most valuable player ever to be traded. Otherwise, I'll have that ~40million back from Rodgers and give it to guys who want to be in GB. The scorched earth approach does not garner locker room support when those dollars could get passed around.

Among the 31 other teams, there is a good chance a solid team with a decent QB gets injured this summer or early in the season. You don't cheer about it, but unfortunately this is when Aaron's value will peak.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

God I would hope not.  After the media circus on draft day he just left the whole Packer organization with egg on their face.  I would hope after that they won't cave to any of his demands.  Threw the entire organization under th bus. Time to play hardball.  If he does play in GB 2021 it will be his last year.  I think it's going to get real ugly.  He's going to hold out and the Packers are going to refuse to trade him.  I would let things calm down and if it isn't resolved by June 1 I'd open up an auction and send him packing to the highest bidder.  Packers should save us all the drama and just trade the guy.  Still crickets from Aaron which enrages me ever further.  

i think his silence speaks louder than anything else. When the entire management is saying they want him back and he has not once said that he wants to still be a Packer tells me that his mind is pretty much made.

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

If he doesn't have the fire in the summer, it definitely won't be burning in Lambeau in January. Bad attitude is a liability. It seems that a good portion of this board would do well to go re-watch Favre in the 2007-2008 NFCCG. 

If he wants to be in GB, it'll happen. If he wants to be somewhere else, I'll take value in line with trading the most valuable player ever to be traded. Otherwise, I'll have that ~40million back from Rodgers and give it to guys who want to be in GB. The scorched earth approach does not garner locker room support when those dollars could get passed around.

Among the 31 other teams, there is a good chance a solid team with a decent QB gets injured this summer or early in the season. You don't cheer about it, but unfortunately this is when Aaron's value will peak.

To be honest, not sure many players are that excited about camp when summer's here.....

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

i think his silence speaks louder than anything else. When the entire management is saying they want him back and he has not once said that he wants to still be a Packer tells me that his mind is pretty much made.

It also gives him plausible deniability if he comes back.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

It also gives him plausible deniability if he comes back.

Agree, we haven't actually heard HIM say anything.  He may come back and show up for OTAs like normal.  

"Knowing Aaron, and I think I know him fairly well, if he has a grudge, whether it be against the organization or a player or an arch rival, family, friends, he ain't budging. I don't see him coming back if this is not resolved, whatever the issue is. Even if it's resolved but he feels like they have one up on him, he ain't going to play. Knowing Aaron, he would sit"

Brett Favre

Just now, Leader said:

"Knowing Aaron, and I think I know him fairly well, if he has a grudge, whether it be against the organization or a player or an arch rival, family, friends, he ain't budging. I don't see him coming back if this is not resolved, whatever the issue is. Even if it's resolved but he feels like they have one up on him, he ain't going to play. Knowing Aaron, he would sit"

Brett Favre

i really don't like Brett.

Brett is the big winner in this.  By the time this Rodgers thing is done playing out, Brett may end up looking like a choir boy in GB fans eyes compared to Aaron.

• Like 6