Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No chance I do that. Outside shot at SB with enormous QB1 contract and rough schedule vs giving up on 3 future first round picks doesn't appeal to me as a GM.

At this point I'm not giving him a thing. He can either show up and play the season or "retire". If a team is willing to pay a truckload, MAYBE I am willing to trade him, but Ill let him sit before settling for a crappy trade.

7 minutes ago, spilltray said:

At this point I'm not giving him a thing. He can either show up and play the season or "retire". If a team is willing to pay a truckload, MAYBE I am willing to trade him, but Ill let him sit before settling for a crappy trade.

Yep. Rodgers gonna be 38 by the end of this year....time isn't on his side here to be sitting out a season

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

JAKE KUMEROW

This and next thing you know AR will be pissed that they don't have the right drinks in the vending machine. He is trolling everyone with this stuff cause he doesn't care. He's letting everyone run wild with more and more. Truth is it's likely that he's pissed that Gute just won't give him what he wants. Plain and simple truth. He wanted to be committed to longer and Gute won't. My best guess to why is the last time he was the clear and present only QB he did not play well enough. He needs pressure and this is a great way to generate it..........so much so that AR is already breaking under it. 

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

He's ultimately going to Denver folks, theirs just too much smoke coming out of their local media and the national media. We know Elway loves old proven QB's and he can give the most compensation. If it weren't for the cap hit he would've been gone on draft day.

Probably, but I wouldn't count out LV. With all the smoke about Rodgers to Denver, LV has to be frantic. If Rodgers ends up on either team, the other is basically eliminated from any playoff appearances for 4 years. The team that faces Rodgers, Mahomes and Herbert six times per year is looking at 1-5 in the division, if that. Huge pressure for LV to get in on this. GuteKrause should have a bidding war on his hands.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Les Punting said:

Probably, but I wouldn't count out LV. With all the smoke about Rodgers to Denver, LV has to be frantic. If Rodgers ends up on either team, the other is basically eliminated from any playoff appearances for 4 years. The team that faces Rodgers, Mahomes and Herbert six times per year is looking at 1-5 in the division, if that. Huge pressure for LV to get in on this. GuteKrause should have a bidding war on his hands.  

yassss

a bidding war between division rivals trying to catch the Mahomes-led Chiefs is absolutely ideal for GB

neither team would want the other to land him nearly as much as they'd like to get him themselves.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, R T said:

Would not be surprised if one of the top things Rodgers and his agent is going to want if he does return for the 2021 season is an opt out clause after 2021. The chance at an open market in FA would lead to another 100M+ windfall them and leave the Packers with nothing in return. Just how bad does everyone want another chance at a SB with this all in group?  

He's literally negotiating from a position of no strength.  He can ask for it, but the Packers won't give it to him.

4 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Still think if this drags into next offseason that Miami will be in on Rodgers if/when Tua fails.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is literally a nothingburger.  "Employees hate their boss" is not and has never been news..

it's another crumb of pettiness in the court of public opinion. It's meaningless beyond that, however.

19 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

My best guess to why is the last time he was the clear and present only QB he did not play well enough. 

My guess is that Gute committed a self-scouting blunder, determining that Rodgers was an irreversibly declining player, then backed himself into a corner with the Love selection. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is literally a nothingburger.  "Employees hate their boss" is not and has never been news..

Eh, I wouldn't say nothing.  It's not a huge deal, but Rodgers is supposed to be a leader on the team and he's being a complete ****.

Demovsky is reporting that Gb believes team teampered with Rodgers. If that happened and if proven, GB get any compensation or are the teams just penalized draft picks?

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

He's probably speculating what will happen.  We are all speculating.  Not one of us here really knows (nor do the pundits in the media).  AR isn't talking and the folks at 1265 aren't forthcoming either.  

Yep,  I'm guilty of speculating.  Its where I live.