Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wrong. Preston Smith has incentives in his deal which can pay him more than he would've made in his original deal.

No, not wrong.  Right now Preston Smith is earning less than he would have prior to Green Bay's demand.  You are twisting it in favor of the franchise just as you twist EVERYTHING.  God forbid you ever hold the GBP's accountable for something.  Calling that a win for Smith is disingenuous.  Maybe better than getting cut outright but absolutely not better than the contract that both he and the Packers signed the year previous.  

Just now, TransientTexan said:

This is just a lie. 

Dude has a thread referring to him as 5th down.  He's been accused of throwing the ball into the dirt instead of hitting wide open WRs which is essentially accusing him of purposely losing football games.  If you want to put your head in the sands more power to you but Rodgers was relentlessly trashed on this board prior to his MVP season.  Someone called him our worst starter after the 2019 NFCC game.  

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

No, not wrong.  Right now Preston Smith is earning less than he would have prior to Green Bay's demand.  You are twisting it in favor of the franchise just as you twist EVERYTHING.  God forbid you ever hold the GBP's accountable for something.  Calling that a win for Smith is disingenuous.  Maybe better than getting cut outright but absolutely not better than the contract that both he and the Packers signed the year previous.  

He didn't live up to that contract. Now we've offered him a chance to earn more via his play.

Welcome to the NFL, every team does this. If this is upsetting you I recommend NBA or MLB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Dude has a thread referring to him as 5th down.  He's been accused of throwing the ball into the dirt instead of hitting wide open WRs which is essentially accusing him of purposely losing football games.  If you want to put your head in the sands more power to you but Rodgers was relentlessly trashed on this board prior to his MVP season.  Someone called him our worst starter after the 2019 NFCC game.  

Over reaction I'm thinking.  Sure there were some posters who were anti-Rodgers, there's always a few.  That being said, there were many more posters who backed Rodgers ... way more.  He was certainly whacked for his play after losing a game but praised and applauded when he won them.  Just didn't see "all the hate" for Rodgers you have. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He didn't live up to that contract. Now we've offered him a chance to earn more via his play.

Welcome to the NFL, every team does this. If this is upsetting you I recommend NBA or MLB.

Not upsetting at all.  I'm just pointing out the disgusting hypocrisy fans have towards players when they do something similar.  It's ok for a team to drop a guy on his head after a down year but they're up in arms about a player who wants to treat a contract in exactly the same manner.  

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The year where he had 4 opportunities in a 1 score game to go to the SB and he failed to even get a 1st down on 75% of the opportunities? Seems like he should blame the organization for that.

IMO, he blamed the organization for their playoff failures well before last year.

Just now, SSG said:

You are deliberately ignoring all the positive things also said about him. You are just cherry-picking certain people and stretching that over everyone. Furthermore, it is stupid to mind-read emotions into other people. It’s kindergarten BS meant to stifle debate and strawman others. Just because some aspects of his play have been fairly critiqued at times doesn’t mean a person “hates” him. 

12 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't pretend to have the details or information to know the situation... but based on what limited info we have Rodgers said he didn't want it public so this would contradict about the only things he's communicated.

Who had the most to gain out of that being leaked on Draft day? It DEFINITELY came from Aaron Rodgers camp. There's no way around that and the fact that he came out and said "He didn't want it public" isn't a statement that "he didn't make it public" -- That could literally be him just saying well I didn't want to HAVE to do this, but Green Bay really gave me no other option. 

20 minutes ago, SSG said:

I agree.  We just watched Green Bay demand that Preston Smith take a massive hair cut one year removed from signing a 4 year 52 million dollar deal and a pro bowl caliber year.  Fans had absolutely no issue screwing over both Smith or his family because it benefited Green Bay.  When players want to operate in the same manner as teams there is a lot of whimpering and belly aching.  

lol what