Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

?

it's not really a sunk cost if the cost to absorb it requires you to restructure players which will incur future dead cap/higher cap hits.

The more efficient solution is to use the dead money as live money to pay the MVP to play qb and try to win the super bowl, then decide to move on or keep rodgers after this year.

Trade now makes no sense to me.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's ridiculous. He very well might want a WR in round 1 - but to declare I'm not returning to the team (for contractual reasons) as a means of "forcing" that selection is stupid.

It’s clearly 1 of 2 things... he is either hopeless tired of GB, from the love pick to the field goal in the championship game etc. he is just done. OR he feels he needs to do something to get movement on an extension and for GB to go against their nature in building a team.

Seeing as he has literally no leverage in this situation or control of where he gets to go to team wise and the dead cap hit. It would seem silly to try and force a trade. This isn’t Brady where he can literally pick his team.

Because of that it seems to be he wants the team to go all in on him.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

it's not really a sunk cost if the cost to absorb it requires you to restructure players which will incur future dead cap/higher cap hits.

The more efficient solution is to use the dead money as live money to pay the MVP to play qb and try to win the super bowl, then decide to move on or keep rodgers after this year.

Trade now makes no sense to me.

you really want a season with a disgruntled Rodgers to ruin everything? Pass.

Not sure where you're getting the need to restructure anyone else, either.

Not buying this. 

Bringing everyone back from last season had all the signs of trying to keep Rodgers happy. If its true, its completely blindsided Packers - there is no chance they would have made the various moves they had done if they thought there was any chance Rodgers would leave. 

Its likely that Rodgers will be traded in 22 and I think there is a good chance its Adams  and Zs last season as well.