Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, SSG said:

So they could get the reaction they got?  A bunch of entitled fans turning on the QB who doesn't want to be in Green Bay anymore.  What exactly do they have to lose by turning Aaron Rodgers into public enemy #1 among fans if he doesn't want to be in Green Bay anymore?  There's one side that said they had remorse about this getting out and it wasn't the Packers.

Buy it? 👎

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL Throwing insults to feeling insulted.

lol, I assure you that's the last thing I'm feeling. You'd have to do a lot better than what you are to get me to that point. 😂

1 minute ago, SSG said:

So they could get the reaction they got?  A bunch of entitled fans turning on the QB who doesn't want to be in Green Bay anymore.  What exactly do they have to lose by turning Aaron Rodgers into public enemy #1 among fans if he doesn't want to be in Green Bay anymore?

There's one side that said they had remorse about this getting out and it wasn't the Packers.

Every time you use the word “entitled” it makes less sense. How do the people who are staunchly on Rodgers’ side not classify as “entitled”? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SSG said:

So they could get the reaction they got?  A bunch of entitled fans turning on the QB who doesn't want to be in Green Bay anymore.  What exactly do they have to lose by turning Aaron Rodgers into public enemy #1 among fans if he doesn't want to be in Green Bay anymore?

There's one side that said they had remorse about this getting out and it wasn't the Packers.

LOL this is just so so dumb....

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In Mcginn's article today he said a 2 year extension in the Mahomes neighborhood. So 2/90 would be my guess, on top of the 3 years left.

oh nice, didn't hear that  That's a big chunk of change.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Buy it? 👎

Not sure what I buy.  There were an awful lot of specifics that clearly came from GB in the original story.  If it did come from AR, Green Bay was obviously afforded the chance to comment where they proceeded to spill the beans with specifics.  I think Green Bay had more to gain out of the leak than Rodgers.

I certainly don't buy that Aaron Rodgers picked draft day to drop the leak to hurt the Packers.  That was a story that was absolutely loaded from head to toe with specific details.  Adam Schefter decided to drop that on draft day not 12 or Green Bay.  

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -   Another thing that makes no sense in all of this: If Aaron Rodgers wanted to be traded, why not make that clear in March when Wilson/Watson were on the block? Don’t let a potential candidate spend assets on those guys. That’s when the restructure/extension stuff was happening

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

this kinda changes things for me if true... that’s actively trying to hurt the team..

they would have blamed him if he withheld the info from them though right?  Seems like a neutral piece of info.  Not good or bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

they would have blamed him if he withheld the info from them though right?  Seems like a neutral piece of info.  Not good or bad.

I agree

there's no problem with Aaron discussing with teammates or former teammates what his future plans might be.

I don't care about this "story" one way or another. It's a non-story IMO

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Every time you use the word “entitled” it makes less sense. How do the people who are staunchly on Rodgers’ side not classify as “entitled”? 

I use entitled because I've seen dozens of posters say that Rodgers should be playing every second of his current deal.  It's an extremely entitled POV IMO. That because he wasn't MVP caliber in 2018 & 2019 that he deserves to be one of the more underpaid QBs in the league for the rest of his contract.  

What makes the people on Rodgers side sound entitled?  

I'm not on either side.  It sucks equally for both sides IMO.  I'd just assume he be moved tomorrow so everyone can move on.  I think the longer this carries on the more damage that occurs.  The locker room isn't a room with a bunch of fans and I'd bet my life that the vast majority of them are on the side of the player.  We could be looking at damage that effects the franchise for multiple seasons.  

Edited by SSG

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I use entitled because I've seen dozens of posters say that Rodgers should be playing every second of his current deal.  It's an extremely entitled POV IMO. That because he wasn't MVP caliber in 2018 & 2019 that he deserves to be one of the more underpaid QBs in the league for the rest of his contract.  

What makes the people on Rodgers side sound entitled?  

I'm not on either side.  It sucks equally for both sides IMO.  I'd just assume he be moved tomorrow so everyone can move on.  I think the longer this carries on the more damage that occurs.  The locker room isn't a room with a bunch of fans and I'd bet my life that the vast majority of them are on the side of the player.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/the-art-of-nfl-contracts-part-1-the-basics