Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Yeah, he’s not just A Kumerow fan. He’s THE Kumerow fan. 

This is the worst I've ever been insulted here

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

Things I think we all can agree on at this point:

[1] Shailene Woodley is the worst and is directly responsible for getting Aaron's last seasons cancelled in the same way Diversion Allegiant was cancelled

[2] Ken Jennings should be the new Jeopardy! Host and should have his name in Lambeau Field before Aaron

[3] Aaron Rodgers is one of the top 3 QB's in the NFL and is also one of the top 3 most petty and egotistical men on the planet

[4] Up to this point I have not been accused of making the dumbest post in this thread.  I have tried hard but apparently I can't compete with some

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

they would have blamed him if he withheld the info from them though right?  Seems like a neutral piece of info.  Not good or bad.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I agree

there's no problem with Aaron discussing with teammates or former teammates what his future plans might be.

I don't care about this "story" one way or another. It's a non-story IMO

I guess he depends on how the conversations went.  Telling the guys he’s not going to be back when in all likelihood he is this year just doesn’t sit right with me . 

Where is the line ? The line where he’s being a locker room poison ?

Here's what I think.

• Lists are fun.  As are bullet points.
  • Munn is a better actress than Woodley, and hotter, too.
  • Danica is a better driver than Woodley and Rodgers.
  • @ThatJerkDave yah, nothing, just wanted to tag you.
  • @Normlikes to drink.
  • Either Aaron Rodgers is the dumbest smart man in the NFL, or our front office is just as vindictive as he is.
  • Feels like we are either halfway to heaven, or halfway to hell.  So to hell it is, let's drink!
  • Like 1

I dont get the whole pissed they cut Jake and Jordy angle.  Both were done.  Jordy played in Oakland for a year and was a shell of his former self, Kumerow went to Buffalo and was cut before he got his luggage.  What gives????

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I guess he depends on how the conversations went.  Telling the guys he’s not going to be back when in all likelihood he is this year just doesn’t sit right with me . 

Where is the line ? The line where he’s being a locker room poison ?

They're friends and teammates. He can tell them whatever he wants and none of us should care.

They are adults. They can choose how to act and make decisions using that information or not. It doesn't harm my company if my friend/coworker tells me he's thinking about taking another job prior to taking it.

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I dont get the whole pissed they cut Jake and Jordy angle.  Both were done.  Jordy played in Oakland for a year and was a shell of his former self, Kumerow went to Buffalo and was cut before he got his luggage.  What gives????

We're supposed to keep his posse around.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

I use entitled because I've seen dozens of posters say that Rodgers should be playing every second of his current deal.  It's an extremely entitled POV IMO. That because he wasn't MVP caliber in 2018 & 2019 that he deserves to be one of the more underpaid QBs in the league for the rest of his contract.  

What makes the people on Rodgers side sound entitled?  

I'm not on either side.  It sucks equally for both sides IMO.  I'd just assume he be moved tomorrow so everyone can move on.  I think the longer this carries on the more damage that occurs.  The locker room isn't a room with a bunch of fans and I'd bet my life that the vast majority of them are on the side of the player.  We could be looking at damage that effects the franchise for multiple seasons.  

Just curious as to why your feel most players will support Rodgers? Is this because of the 'fraternity of players'? The main issue Rodgers appears to have with GB management is lack of a say in decision making. To my knowledge the only position players that have got into this in the recent past, across the NFL, are all QB's. Do the other players even understand where Rodgers is coming from? Its like the CEO complaining to a junior manager about the owner not asking him before buying the company Gulfstream. Its a problem that other players may understand but will never experience. If that was about $$ maybe I could buy it, but this appears to be beyond that.

I do agree with you though about moving on from this sooner than later. If Rodgers has made up his mind that he does not want to play here, despite managements efforts, tell him that you are willing to move him for an offer they deem worthy for and that he may not have control on where he goes. If you want to be nice, get the 3 best offers preferably from outside the NFC, tell him that is all they have and let him pick the team to go to. Might hurt our return a little bit but might help the PR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Just curious as to why your feel most players will support Rodgers? Is this because of the 'fraternity of players'? The main issue Rodgers appears to have with GB management is lack of a say in decision making. To my knowledge the only position players that have got into this in the recent past, across the NFL, are all QB's. Do the other players even understand where Rodgers is coming from? Its like the CEO complaining to a junior manager about the owner not asking him before buying the company Gulfstream. Its a problem that other players may understand but will never experience. If that was about $$ maybe I could buy it, but this appears to be beyond that.

I do agree with you though about moving on from this sooner than later. If Rodgers has made up his mind that he does not want to play here, despite managements efforts, tell him that you are willing to move him for an offer they deem worthy for and that he may not have control on where he goes. If you want to be nice, get the 3 best offers preferably from outside the NFC, tell him that is all they have and let him pick the team to go to. Might hurt our return a little bit but might help the PR.

This is a good point. I also think that Rodgers' influence over other players is significantly overstated. They are grown-butt men. The most competitive kind of grown-butt men, too. They are exactly the types not to let others make decisions for them.

I'm not even sure it's a factor for them, much less a driving factor for them.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They're friends and teammates. He can tell them whatever he wants and none of us should care.

They are adults. They can choose how to act and make decisions using that information or not. It doesn't harm my company if my friend/coworker tells me he's thinking about taking another job prior to taking it.

It can harm your company if you have a disgruntled worker trashing your company. Bringing morale down, potentially causing others to go . 

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Maybe there's something else we don't know. Someone he wanted us to bring in but refused?

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Just going out on a limb here.  Rodgers was around when Donald Driver was cooked.  And still on the roster despite being cooked and it was widely known that it was his last year.  It is possible he felt that Jordy deserved that as well.

Kumerow?  That one I do not get.  Rodgers didn't really throw to him anyway.  That being said, it isn't like Malik Taylor was any better.  I still have nightmares of watching him literally trot out of the endzone and get gang tackled at the 17.

Just now, incognito_man said:

This is a good point. I also think that Rodgers' influence over other players is significantly overstated. They are grown-butt men. The most competitive kind of grown-butt men, too. They are exactly the types not to let others make decisions for them.

I'm not even sure it's a factor for them, much less a driving factor for them.

Players are independent contractors.   Each player needs to look out for themselves regarding:   Salary and contract, playing opportunity, depth chart status/job security, team environment, culture/location of team, family, etc.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

It can harm your company if you have a disgruntled worker trashing your company. Bringing morale down, potentially causing others to go . 

theoretically, sure.

but only if the "trashing" is legitimate will anyone else care. Otherwise everyone else will be like "yeahhh...alright Aaron, i'm not affected by anything you're whining about, so love ya man, but adios!" And they'll still make the best decision for them personally and professionally.