Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, packfanfb said:

How about we move Love and sign Rodgers to a new 3 year extension and get another 3-4 years of championship football? Then draft a Love again in 3 years when Rodgers is actually somewhat washed and not playing MVP football. 

because we won't win a SB with Rodgers on the contract he wants

27 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Just curious as to why your feel most players will support Rodgers? Is this because of the 'fraternity of players'? The main issue Rodgers appears to have with GB management is lack of a say in decision making. To my knowledge the only position players that have got into this in the recent past, across the NFL, are all QB's. Do the other players even understand where Rodgers is coming from? Its like the CEO complaining to a junior manager about the owner not asking him before buying the company Gulfstream. Its a problem that other players may understand but will never experience. If that was about $$ maybe I could buy it, but this appears to be If yond that.

I do agree with you though about moving on from this sooner than later. If Rodgers has made up his mind that he does not want to play here, despite managements efforts, tell him that you are willing to move him for an offer they deem worthy for and that he may not have control on where he goes. If you want to be nice, get the 3 best offers preferably from outside the NFC, tell him that is all they have and let him pick the team to go to. Might hurt our return a little bit but might help the PR.

For the same reason we've NEVER heard a player comment on another players contract dispute.  This is the unequivocal leader in the locker room without even a close 2nd IMO.  If he's making fun of Gute in an open text conversation with other players with no push back then the distain for Gute may not be limited to just Rodgers.  I can't imagine that Rodgers is the only player upset about Green Bay's lack of attempt to make immediate improvements last year.  That didn't look like a team on the cusp of a super bowl, it looked like a team at the beginning of a complete rebuild.  

Leveon Bell sat out an entire season with no push back from his teammates and we watched them implode.  

Just now, SSG said:

For the same reason we've NEVER heard a player comment on another players contract dispute.  This is the unequivocal leader in the locker room without even a close 2nd IMO.  If he's making fun of Gute in an open text conversation with other players with no push back then the distain for Gute may not be limited to just Rodgers.  I can't imagine that Rodgers is the only player upset about Green Bay's lack of attempt to make immediate improvements last year.  That didn't look like a team on the cusp of a super bowl, it looked like a team at the beginning of a complete rebuild.  

Leveon Bell sat out an entire season with no push back from his teammates and we watched them implode.  

Or it could just be the fact that the other players are too scared/concerned to deal with the ire of Rodgers. Based on everything I have read through his career, he is not a person you want to get on the wrong side.

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Or it could just be the fact that the other players are too scared/concerned to deal with the ire of Rodgers. Based on everything I have read through his career, he is not a person you want to get on the wrong side.

Very possible, you never know with pro athletes.  Having seen/ heard him interact with friends like Bak or Hawk over the last year I'm not sure I buy the idea that Rodgers is this big bad bully that his teammates are scared of.  

10 minutes ago, SSG said:

I can't imagine that Rodgers is the only player upset about Green Bay's lack of attempt to make immediate improvements last year.  

If anything, this is what drove the ultimate wedge between 12 and Gute. Rodgers made comments either at the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 about feeling "one player away" after the Niners loss and then watches Gute:

1. Not add anyone in FA to try to give us an edge.

2. Not draft anyone to give us that edge, and instead go the complete opposite and draft Love.

3. Not pull the trigger for a player at the trade deadline. 

All three of those happened, three chances to at least "try" to put the team in the best position possible to win. Gute did nothing and we lost the NFCCG by 5 points. Now, was it a guarantee that we win that game if Gute makes even one of those moves with a "win now" mentality? Of course not (hell we probably still win if 69 plays), but when you lose that game by 5 points after your GM did nothing in all 3 of those phases, you have to question that as a player, especially Rodgers.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If anything, this is what drove the ultimate wedge between 12 and Gute. Rodgers made comments either at the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 about feeling "one player away" after the Niners loss and then watches Gute:

1. Not add anyone in FA to try to give us an edge.

2. Not draft anyone to give us that edge, and instead go the complete opposite and draft Love.

3. Not pull the trigger for a player at the trade deadline. 

All three of those happened, three chances to at least "try" to put the team in the best position possible to win. Gute did nothing and we lost the NFCCG by 5 points. Now, was it a guarantee that we win that game if Gute makes even one of those moves with a "win now" mentality? Of course not (hell we probably still win if 69 plays), but when you lose that game by 5 points after your GM did nothing in all 3 of those phases, you have to question that as a player, especially Rodgers.

Or you play a little better to win it. 

If Rodgers goes on the market, I think you gotta find the best deal you can in the AFC and go from there.  Screw his choices.  If its Miami that offers the best deal, tell him its Miami or Green Bay.  This isn't Burger King.

If he wants out so bad, that's the option

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

your GM did nothing in all 3 of those phases

false

we signed a #1 WR in free agency

we drafted 2 weapons with our first 3 picks

we also drafted 3 OL to supplement the #1 OL in the league already

stop with this absolutely ridiculous narrative that Rodgers "didn't get help". This needs to die soooo bad. It's almost as big as the BIG LIE.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Or you play a little better to win it. 

Rodgers needs an All-Pro at 6 positions on offense instead of just 3 to win a Super Bowl, apparently.

It mind-bottling how people willingly CHOOSE to ignore the reality that the GB front office has given Rodgers wayyy more than he needs to (1) win a super bowl and (2) be happy

Literally the best LT and WR in league, with supposedly the best QB isn't enough? oh, ok. So they sign another #1 WR in free agency. Then draft 2 weapons with the first 3 picks, then draft 3 OL.

And SOMEHOW THE NARRATIVE IS THAT RODGERS NEEDS MORE. What the actual hell.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Rodgers needs an All-Pro at 6 positions on offense instead of just 3 to win a Super Bowl, apparently.

It mind-bottling how people willingly CHOOSE to ignore the reality that the GB front office has given Rodgers wayyy more than he needs to (1) win a super bowl and (2) be happy

Literally the best LT and WR in league, with supposedly the best QB isn't enough? oh, ok. So they sign another #1 WR in free agency. Then draft 2 weapons with the first 3 picks, then draft 3 OL.

And SOMEHOW THE NARRATIVE IS THAT RODGERS NEEDS MORE. What the actual hell.

We're a country of victims

• Like 2