Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

false

we signed a #1 WR in free agency

we drafted 2 weapons with our first 3 picks

we also drafted 3 OL to supplement the #1 OL in the league already

stop with this absolutely ridiculous narrative that Rodgers "didn't get help". This needs to die soooo bad. It's almost as big as the BIG LIE.

Agree, Rodgers threw nearly 50 tds last year to no weapons???? 🤔🤔🤔

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, Rodgers threw nearly 50 tds last year to no weapons???? 🤔🤔🤔

I didn't even mention the HC he got.

Rodgers is in perhaps the 2nd best QB situation in the league with Mahomes. The opposite is true about "getting him weapons" to push the team over the edge. He has wayyy more than he should need. It's am embarrassment of riches, if anything.

How many passes did Rodgers complete in his 7 goal-to-go chances in the NFCCG?   How many chances did MLF give him and how many passes did he miss?  But they kicked a field goal on the 8th and somehow he's pissed at mgmt and MLF?    I know Rodgers will never take the blame for his bad throws on plenty of opportunities.

King got called for a questionable interference call which prevented us from getting the ball back in Aaron's hand again at the end of the game.   We were one questionable call from MLF's plan working perfectly, but people don't want to consider that either.  

I agree the narrative that Aaron needed more to be successfuler in running the #1 offense in the NFL too much

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't even mention the HC he got.

Rodgers is in perhaps the 2nd best QB situation in the league with Mahomes. The opposite is true about "getting him weapons" to push the team over the edge. He has wayyy more than he should need. It's am embarrassment of riches, if anything.

Tampa has plenty too.  I get his gripes about a reliable WR2.  Lazard and MVS and Tonyan are more cogs than they are difference makers.

false

we signed a #1 WR in free agency

we drafted 2 weapons with our first 3 picks

we also drafted 3 OL to supplement the #1 OL in the league already

stop with this absolutely ridiculous narrative that Rodgers "didn't get help". This needs to die soooo bad. It's almost as big as the BIG LIE.

hahahah.  A #1 WR who had to settle for a league minimum deal at the age of 26?  A guy that has never come close to approaching 1000 yards in a season?  You know you are up management's *** if you can objectively make a scrub WR like Funchess into a #1 WR in your little world. 

Posts like this just show that every packer move is the best move in league until the next Packer move in your eyes.  

You forgot to the addition of future hall of Famers Kirksey & Wagner.  No doubt they will get their status in the NFL magnified by 10000 for no other reason than the G on their helmet.

LMFAO There is someone in this world that isn't Devin Funchess's mother that views him a #1 WR in the NFL.  This league has over 250 #1 WRs if Devin Funchess is a #1.

I would caution we don’t necessarily know how much of what we’ve heard is absolute truth, and who knows what went on that we haven’t heard.

But if it really is as it appears then no doubt this punk needs to go, and he goes on the teams timetable.  He can retire and the team will move on.  He sits out the year and wants back in the team moves on.  He demands a trade and the team moves on.  Meaning we will trade him to who we want to trade him to IF we so decide to trade him whether it be this year or next.  He will only be traded for what the team deems fair value.  Or he can sit and rot.  It’s really that simple.

• Like 1

The same people saying in last years draft threads that GB desperately needed a WR early are the same posting this year that WR wasn't a big need and CB/OL/DL were the big priorities and WR early would be a waste or luxury on this roster.  You can't argue this year we are set but claim last year we didn't have enough weapons when we are returning the exact same roster minus Linsley and Williams.     Pick a side people

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

The same people saying in last years draft threads that GB desperately needed a WR early are the same posting this year that WR wasn't a big need and CB/OL/DL were the big priorities and WR early would be a waste or luxury on this roster.  You can't argue this year we are set but claim last year we didn't have enough weapons when we are returning the exact same roster minus Linsley and Williams.     Pick a side people

They picked a WR in the 3rd.  That's not a nothing pick, and last year showed the offense can pop without a big time #2

Some of Rodgers supposed gripes happened under MM and TT, Why did he not kick up a fuss then?

Now Gute is getting the brunt of all the built up frustrations from Rodgers.

Gute did alot to help Rodgers. First of all he hired the right HC that ran a system which was well suited to our players, most notably Aaron Jones. It created a solid running game to help compliment the pass and give balance to the offence. It made things easier instead putting all responsibility on Rodgers to pull stuff out of a hat. It helped rejuvenate Rodgers abit doing new things instead of the same old tired stuff from MM. Not only that Gute slowly sorted out the defence keeping scores lower making it easier for Rodgers to achieve winnable points targets.

It was also Gute who offered Rodgers that big contract making him a very rich man as well as making him feel a valued member of the franchise.

It was TT fault that we did not invest a high draft pick on a WR for a long time. He kept investing high draft picks on defence, mostly on corners and made a huge mess out of it. When Gute came along he had no choice but to continue investing on defence, and figured correctly we could get by with Rodgers throwing to Adams and some low rounders.

It was MM who fired or did not renew (depending which story you believe) Rodgers QB coach. MM had total control over his coaching staff. It was his decision. Gute controlled the roster but MM the staff was all his. TBF Gute just took over the Packer GM job and it would not surprise me if he pressured MM to make some changes, especially firing Capers but ultimately at the end of the day it was MM decision. MM was still an important, respected and powerful figure at Lombardi Avenue and I don't think Gute wanted to rock the boat too much that's why he went along with keeping McCarthy for one more year. I don't think it's fair to pin the blame on Gute.

Gute was the one who had to choose between Nelson and Cobb as he needed cap flexibility to sort out the mess TT made. He cut Nelson and Cobb left for FA a year later. So far it looks like he made the right decisions on both. Personally I would've kept Nelson for longer instead of signing Graham. Gute was a rookie GM still finding his feet at the time and he probably was too pragmatic in his approach when he should've valued the Rodgers-Nelson connection alot more.

Gute was the one who cut Graham which Rodgers was supposedly unhappy about despite Rodgers not using him very effectively but Gute was also the one who brought Graham to GB so he should be thanking him for it.

Gute was the one who cut Kumerow, everyone knew it was coming and yet Rodgers the day before cutdown day he went in front of the media to vouch for Kumerow. Rodgers was just simply positioning himself to get offended. I thought at the time it was a very strange public display of support for a guy who he barely throws to anyway.

Gute was the one who drafted Love but any good GM worth their salt would not pass up on the opportunity to draft the next franchise QB, especially at Rodgers age. Better to be proactive rather than reactive like New England. Good QBs like that do not normally fall this far down in the draft and he was just simply being proactive and protecting the franchise with this pick, especially after he exhausted all opportunities to trade up for a WR. Rodgers was still the guy, he was still being paid big bucks. Rodgers had nothing to worry about. If he was still playing at a high level then we would've probably traded Love somewhere down the line.

Maybe there could've been better communication but surely that's not a big enough reason to blow up your entire relationship with the Packers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

hahahah.  A #1 WR who had to settle for a league minimum deal at the age of 26?  A guy that has never come close to approaching 1000 yards in a season?  You know you are up management's *** if you can objectively make a scrub WR like Funchess into a #1 WR in your little world. 

Posts like this just show that every packer move is the best move in league until the next Packer move in your eyes.  

You forgot to the addition of future hall of Famers Kirksey & Wagner.  No doubt they will get their status in the NFL magnified by 10000 for no other reason than the G on their helmet.

LMFAO There is someone in this world that isn't Devin Funchess's mother that views him a #1 WR in the NFL.  This league has over 250 #1 WRs if Devin Funchess is a #1.

Funchess was the #1 WR in Carolina his last 2 seasons. He also didn't sign for the league minimum. I applaud your enthusiasm, but you should consider that people can read both your posts and reality.

Also, good point about Wagner. In addition to having the #1 LT in the league, the F.O. identified and signed one of the best value FA signings in 2020 with a top 5 RT performance out of Rick Wagner for pennies on the dollar. You're just proving my point more lol.

Do you really not feel shame or embarrassment?

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

How many passes did Rodgers complete in his 7 goal-to-go chances in the NFCCG?   How many chances did MLF give him and how many passes did he miss?  But they kicked a field goal on the 8th and somehow he's pissed at mgmt and MLF?    I know Rodgers will never take the blame for his bad throws on plenty of opportunities.

King got called for a questionable interference call which prevented us from getting the ball back in Aaron's hand again at the end of the game.   We were one questionable call from MLF's plan working perfectly, but people don't want to consider that either.  

I think we all wish they had gone for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG. And then needing to convert the 2pt conversion if we were successful.  But did the 3 previous plays give anyone any confidence that we'd convert on one, much less both?  Yes, you still have to try and if you fail, at least you pinned them deep.  But I honestly don't believe we would have converted.  Not with the way that series was going imo.  Not to mention the other 2 brutal 3 and outs he was responsible for in the 4Q.

It wasn't questionable.  It was as clear as day.  We got hosed on an earlier play that was just as noticeable but that doesn't give King a pass for his grabbing jersey.  It was an easy call.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Tampa has plenty too.  I get his gripes about a reliable WR2.  Lazard and MVS and Tonyan are more cogs than they are difference makers.

Yes. Coincidentally, the top 3 QBs in the league are also in the best situations. They were also the best 3 teams in the league last year (uncoincidentally). 

Yes. Coincidentally, the top 3 QBs in the league are also in the best situations. They were also the best 3 teams in the league last year (uncoincidentally). 

My thing about the griping for a WR2 is you can't also stump for "Big Dog" in the same breath.  Paying $2-3M to Marcedes Lewis is robbing peter to pay paul or w/e the saying is.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

My thing about the griping for a WR2 is you can't also stump for "Big Dog" in the same breath.  Paying $2-3M to Marcedes Lewis is robbing peter to pay paul or w/e the saying is.

and refuse to restructure this year

Rodgers wants to eat his cake and have it, too. This whole thing has me seriously questioning his intelligence, honestly. I thought he was brighter than this.

• Like 1

and refuse to restructure this year

Rodgers wants to eat his cake and have it, too. This whole thing has me seriously questioning his intelligence, honestly. I thought he was brighter than this.

well, I'm talking last year when all the supposed animosity bubbled up.  If you're demanding will fuller, you can't demand Marcedes Lewis, a guy who is a living statue.

Edited by skibrett15