Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is a perfect illustration of what I think is Rodgers' biggest weakness - one that prevented him from all-time greatness: perfect is the enemy of good.

A good decision now is better than a perfect decision later.

In this case (and many others, I'm certain), the "perfect" opportunity didn't arise, so it was never capitalized upon. In the playoffs, perfect situations are much fewer and further between as well, so this weakness manifests more in these circumstances. With playoff football, you HAVE to take more risks on "good" opportunities, because "better" opportunities probably won't come along later. The opposition is too good to allow it.

I love the guy and appreciate all the years, but this is one of the things I'm looking forward to seeing if the next guy avoids doing. It's like Brett and the interceptions. You lived with them, and a lot of times he would do something amazing that an average QB could never do, but you lived with those interceptions. 

With Rodgers, even when he describes what he's seeing on the field - it's impressive - but it also sounds like way too much thinking. Too much hedging. The way he thinks about drawing players offsides, catching them with 12 men, throwing at D holding or PI - it's all brilliant stuff. But that stuff doesn't fly in the playoffs. The teams are too good. The players are too disciplined, and the reffing is different too. It seems like in the playoffs you're punished for "finesse" in a variety of ways. We clobbered the Rams by running the ball and then befuddling them with the pass. The Tampa Bay gameplan seemed like the typical Rodgers "on your heels" pass-heavy game where you can't string anything together. Maybe I'm rambling at this point, but I would have loved to see AR12 just get out of his head more. Just stand in the pocket and rip the ball. He did it almost all year, for once. 

If it's Love or whoever, I kinda hope he has more of a golden retriever brain. Maybe that's very stupid of me. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Would it be allowed for Rodgers to negotiate a deal with the league and HBO to have GB scheduled for Hard Knocks this season contingent on him showing up for camp?  I would watch.

Said this earlier. I bet HBO would be licking their chops.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd like AR back cause it gives us the best chance to win ow - if that doesn't  happen, I'll *REALLY* be pulling for Love to do well....if only for spite. 

I think Love will be okay.  In time, I think we could be a team like Tennesee.  Good team in the mix most years.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

How about we move Love and sign Rodgers to a new 3 year extension and get another 3-4 years of championship football? Then draft a Love again in 3 years when Rodgers is actually somewhat washed and not playing MVP football. 

I wouldn't have been opposed to it a while back .. not sure about now.  I've always felt we pulled the trigger on Love about two years too early, but the Packers apparently felt differently.  No doubt that the move has caused a ton of friction in GB.  At this point I want the mega haul of picks and players.  Tired of Rodgers.  Great player .. doesn't really play great in the biggest games.  Four cracks at a super bowl in recent years and has come up empty.  I don't faith the Packers are going any further than they did last year, and in fact with all this strife they might be in line for a big step back.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

It's pretty hard to blame him for the situation regardless.  Packers were in a really dire spot - 4th and goal from the 8 and needing a 2 pointer to tie.  Brady is getting the ball regardless of what you call there. 

Are you playing for a slim possibility at OT and the need to stop Brady with a full 2 mins and a full compliment of TOs at a mere FG?  Or are you playing for a shot to win in regulation by stopping 2 first downs and getting the ball back.

If it were on the 1 or 2, Brady doesn't have the full play sheet available in the event of a turnover on downs.  But from the 7 it probably plays out the same - except with an 8 point bucs win rather than 5.

Rodgers however had a potential lane to the end zone prior to the fourth down decision....Even if he doesn't score, he still could have made a fourth down TD more feasible....This and there would have been less consequences on the decision had the Packers converted the two point conversion on the prior TD....The field goal we made would have than made the deficit just three points....Now whether or not we would have been able to stop Brady and company?....It's still not a guarantee....

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

I disagree with that only because AR sucked on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. I think MLF made the call to give AR a breath and he really believed his D could step up they had all half. If AR had made some better decisions there maybe he gives him that 4th down but he was not good on 1st through 3rd. 

I would somewhat agree with this, but I still think you let him go for it.  Make Brady start from inside his own five and hope for a stop, or even better a turnover.  Aarons decision not to run for the corner on third down I believe was baffling to me though.  How many times during his career have we seen him take that run towards the pylon?  

5 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Disrespected? Okay this has gotten out of hand. In what way was he disrespected?

Players are going to side with players... if Rodgers can get leverage to get traded or more money from GB that’s good for other players in the league.

Everyone saw what Brady did and they all want a taste now. They want control. Blame TB and TB haha

Further more... why do you think Terry Bradshaw has the opinion he does? Because in his time they all had the same mindset... shut up and play.

All the players today, media outlets that need to have good relationships with this players, etc... their opinion? Oh Rodgers is right and has been disrespected for a good decade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

If he really did tell FA's to take into consideration that he won't be here this year (not to sign), I absolutely force him into  retirement. Trade value be damned.

It is a pretty **** move for sure if it is true.