Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

47 minutes ago, broncostrings said:

If you guys were to trade w/ sf....(not saying you will) would there be any chance you would draft a Qb? 

If Rodgers were to be dealt to SF, I would want a QB and try to move Love as well.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

you really want a season with a disgruntled Rodgers to ruin everything? Pass.

Not sure where you're getting the need to restructure anyone else, either.

if he's on the field he's gonna play to win, he's competitive.

I misread the difference in his dead cap/current cap hit.  I thought his 2021 hit was 27M and dead was 38, but it's only 37/38.  Trading him costs 1.2M in cap space.  So it's not that big of a deal, but it still costs money to trade him vs keep him.  Which surely would be made up for by a bigger haul now than later.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

he's gonna play to maximize his own perceived value/legacy (which, history shows us, is not necessarily team-friendly).

That sentence in the context of a single season means playing to win every game.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

more motivated by excitement over a refresh because I'm convinced we'll never win a SB with Rodgers again for a number of reasons.

Okay. If nothing else, it certainly has changed the character of this draft day. More interested (probably for no good reason.......) now more than ever to see who we select tonight.

32 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So hypothetically, if SF moved up to 3 to make an offer for Rodgers, wouldn't you have rather had 12, 102, FRPs in 2022 and 2023 plus whatever would get added beyond #3 instead?

Yup.  GB has Love, so going to 3 to get another QB makes no sense.  Would need to move Love for additional picks or players.

• Like 1