Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

6 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

It's not about Schefter's clicks. Its about ESPN. You don't think they generally benefited from the tidal wave of interest in the story?   

No. That traffic was already there for the draft coverage...

It doesn't make any sense to sit on a HUGE story to break it on a day you're already getting all the traffic naturally.

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

It absolutely is. They said pre-Love Rodgers wasn't winning a SB, your counter was QBs with similar performances that did win it, my counter is their cap hit was nowhere near Rodgers'.

Thats on Rodgers ?

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Thats on Rodgers ?

Yes. It's 100% on Rodgers to play to the level of his contract.

He gets more money. In exchange, he gets worse teammates and an expectation to perform better than other QBs making less with better teammates.

That's the entire mission of the salary cap and competitive balance 

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yes it is!!!

It's exactly the argument...

If the argument is whether the Packers should move on because of QB cap hit - then I'm out of that conversation, because I don't have an opinion one way or another 

Just now, cannondale said:

If the argument is whether the Packers should move on because of QB cap hit - then I'm out of that conversation, because I don't have an opinion one way or another 

That's what this ENTIRE debate is literally about...

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yes. It's 100% on Rodgers to play to the level of his contract.

That's also not a trench warfare argument I want to have. I simply stated if I were Rodgers I'd be pissed at the draft pick too

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

That's also not a trench warfare argument I want to have. I simply stated if I were Rodgers I'd be pissed at the draft pick too

Yes, of course it's the natural human reaction. Ideally the face of your franchise you've given a quarter BILLION dollars to would have thicker skin and a more professional response than a typical person, however.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And the fact that you're going from that hook, line, and sinker tells me enough.  Let's go through this logically.  IF Schefter had been gathering all this during the offseason process, why did he choose to "break" the news a few hours before the draft?  The timing of it doesn't make sense unless you're trying to accelerate the trade.  The 49ers were picking 3, and as soon as they made their likely QB choice (which turned out to be Trey Lance) they were likely out on Aaron Rodgers.  Aaron Rodgers (or someone in his camp) leaked it.  Rodgers can say he didn't want it to come out, but that's clearly them trying to save face.

How are you people mods with this terrible logic. Rodgers would benefit from it coming out well before the draft to set up for a trade. Having it come out the day of the draft wouldn't help him at all. You're now going against the guy who leaked it all initially to say it's still Rodgers. UNREAL 

Just now, PackFan13 said:

How are you people mods with this terrible logic. Rodgers would benefit from it coming out well before the draft to set up for a trade. Having it come out the day of the draft wouldn't help him at all. You're now going against the guy who leaked it all initially to say it's still Rodgers. UNREAL 

Because I'd be willing to bet a TON of money that Rodgers had expressed his displeasure for his situation and asked to be traded if they weren't going to commit to him.  What motivation does Green Bay have to move him after the draft as opposed to before the draft?  If it's before the draft, the Packers can use those 2021 NFL Draft picks.  They can't use those picks after the draft.  So you're trading for future picks which have more volatility.  Would you rather have the Broncos' #9 pick this year or their FRP next year with Rodgers under contract?  It's easily the #9 pick.

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The simplest explanation is most often the correct one.

Like this case here. This OBVIOUSLY was Rodgers doing and timing. No other simple, rational solution exists.

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

That's exactly it.  He's been easily the most hated Packer on this board prior to his MVP season and there are multiple threads and thousands of messages that prove it.

Schefter could show the direct text messages and the Aaron Rodgers haters would still call it a lie.  They aren't capable of holding management accountable and enjoy nothing more than making Rodgers public enemy #1.  There is nothing that could ever be said or done that wouldn't' have them placing 100% of the blame for this situation at the feet of Rodgers.  This is all agenda driven as they've wanted 5th gone for a long, long time. 

The amount of hate being thrown by supposed fans at a guy that was fresh off one of the best seasons in NFL history is almost comical.  

x1000

Option 1: Rodgers team pushes the narrative on draft morning.

Option 2: the team leaks info over the course of months and coincidentally a reporter pushes the story on a day he already has huge viewership and thus gains nothing from it, and Rodgers is befuddled why there's even a story to the point where it makes him speechless and he doesn't correct any of it.