Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It was always the least parsimonious explanation.

Schefter didn't even "break" it. Others talked about it before him on draft day...

It's obvious to everyone that this latest is absolute bunk.

Ratings and money are the least parsimonious explanation for the actions of someone in broadcasting? Said nobody, ever.

I've read this board long enough to know that anything that makes you look foolish is considered absolute bunk.

Just wipe the egg off your face and move on.

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's not an awful lie.  The dude has a thread referring to him as 5th down.  There have been thousands of claims that accused him of purposely throwing the ball into the ground instead of an open WR.  There is no way around it.  That is absolutely accusing Aaron Rodgers of purposely throwing football games.  

Acting like Rodgers hasn't been hated on this board is absolutely disingenuous.  He got 90% of the blame for the team's issues prior to the MVP season.  He got called the team's worst starter in the 2019 NFC Championship game.  

I think you're misunderstanding what people were saying here. A lot of posters were down on Aaron Rodgers not because they thought he was a bad player or because they "hated" him - but because his play wasn't matching his contract and somehow you're turning that into the entire board hates Aaron Rodgers and always has and there's just no truth to that what so ever. Are there some posters that disliked Rodgers? I'm sure but to claim this board in a whole hasn't liked him is just a flat out lie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

The other possibility is that it was the 49ers or Broncos who leaked it trying to force the issue.

They wouldn't benefit by increasing the demand at all. 

The effect of this breaking was Gutes phone ringing off the hook before the draft.

There's exactly one person who benefits from that. No team has incentive to advertise that an asset they want is available. It only drives up demand and price.

1 minute ago, Les Punting said:

Ratings and money are the least parsimonious explanation for the actions of someone in broadcasting? Said nobody, ever.

I've read this board long enough to know that anything that makes you look foolish is considered absolute bunk.

Just wipe the egg off your face and move on.

But I'm right

No egg here, man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Can't remember if I said it here or elsewhere, but just in case I didn't say it here, I'm putting it on the record - Jordan Love is going to be traded, not Aaron Rodgers.

When though.

Are you right if we trade Jordan Love in 2036?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Everyone who thinks Schefter decided to wait until draft day and it wasn't Rodgers, how do you explain that Schefter didn't even BREAK this news? 

He just added some details.

I can't read back, what the hell are we talking about with this pivot from Adam, as you called it. What did he say now?

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

When though.

Are you right if we trade Jordan Love in 2036?

Good point, within the next 12 months. But I think it's most likely going to be before week 1 of this coming season.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Can't remember if I said it here or elsewhere, but just in case I didn't say it here, I'm putting it on the record - Jordan Love is going to be traded, not Aaron Rodgers.

I really hope not.

As far as people being anti Rodgers that's not true.  Some didn't like his contract.  He got called out for playing poorly at times.  But the vast majority of fans were behind him.  I've been one of his biggest supporters since he was drafted. Did he tank it in 2018?  My opinion is absolutely.  Came to a head agains the AZ Cardinals.  At home still with a shot at the playoffs and Rodgers mailed it in.  It was so obvious MM was fired the next day.  Yah I was extremely pissed.  Let it go. 

This FU to the Packers on draft day I'll never get over.  Hurt the fans (especially the ones who traveled to Cleveland).  Hurt the new players drafted.  Hurt the players on the team.  Embarassed the FO. Just the worst possible thing to do.  Trade his butt out of here and get as much as we can.  See yah.  Lost all respect.  Rodgers camp can try to deny it all they want.  I am not an idiot.  

Edited by Scoremore

Just now, Norm said:

I can't read back, what the hell are we talking about with this pivot from Adam, as you called it. What did he say now?

That he didn't get his info from Aaron and that he had acquired it over months.

Which I might even believe. But the pivot that this means Team Aaron didn't generate the media hype before the draft makes absolutely no sense.

Schefter got scooped on a story be was saving because Team Aaron wanted to press the issue, so now Scheffy is trying to save face by telling a nonsense story that he wanted to save this and bring it up during the draft lol

It makes absolutely zero sense all the way around.

• Like 1

Rodg has played with loads of talent.  There is nothing to debate there.

He is a great QB.  He seems to have a real ego problem and is insecure in his own identity.  He also has illusions of grandeur, thinking HE should be making draft picks and controlling FA.  IF what we have heard is mostly true he simply needs to go.  Go on the teams timetable, not his.  1-4 in NFC Championship games, 1-7 in playoff games when behind at halftime.  These are not the post season numbers of the likes of Brady and Montana.  Big time QB's need to win big time games.  He left 3 TD's sitting on the field in his last game, yes I'll keep going back to that.  I could care less what his pretty QB rating was, he failed in that game.  3 TD's waiting for him to make the play on. and he failed to make the play.  Great QB yes, god no.  Maybe the Fins or the Broncs or the Raiders can do better with him.  Pay at this window first.  And it doesn't have to get done this year.

Edited by 15412