Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Jones says it not about the contract and not about Firing Gute.

I think a lot has to do with personnel.   I think he wants a say in who is brought in, and much of this is media smoke with little fire.  I believe he wanted Will Fuller brought in during FA, and maybe he told them that and was ignored. 

If thats what this is, I think you give him some say going forward.  I think he deserves that.  Im not talking about taking over the personnel dept,  If a Jared Cook or Cobb (or the like) gets released and Rodgers wants him, go get him.  Im not talking about major trades.

We've ALL seen guys who can improve this team, and dont get a call from GB.   I think that is what Rodgers is talking about (or not talking about).   This might be about Gute saying "stay downstairs we got this".              

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me arguably the best QB to play the game in our generation misses a TON of throws?  As it had been discussed ad nauseam, Tom Brady has had a HELL of a career playing with average WRs.  Outside his receiving corps in Tampa Bay, his best WRs was Randy Moss, Julian Edelman, and Wes Welker.  If you want to lump in Gronk into that, whatever.  But acting like Rodgers needs elite weapons to be successful was the biggest complaint.

I'm telling you that there are thousands of posts throughout out a plethora of threads where Aaron Rodgers and only Aaron Rodgers is blamed.  Very little has ever been said about our inept front office using 10 straight years of 1st round picks on defense with nothing but horrid defenses to show for it.  Meanwhile a scrub like Geronimo Allison, not even talented enough to be drafted gets plugged into the offense as a starter for 4 years expecting Rodgers to make miracles with any warm body management puts in front of him. 

I spent the summer of 2019 being told about how super stars like Jmon Moore, MVS and ESB were being held back from stardom because of our ****ty QB.  Here we are in 2021 and Jmon Moore is a scrub that has been cut by every single team that made the mistake of rostering him.  ESB is still nothing more than a boneheaded practice squad caliber player who's on the cusp of being gone from the NFL forever.  MVS is slightly better version of the guy we seen his rookie year.  A boom or bust #3 who lacks consistency and the ability to step up and take more responsibility when needed (see the 7 games Adams has missed).  Lazard is another WR that was signed off the practice squad that probably isn't all that much better than Allison outside of his blocking.  Having WR player that's the caliber of Allison, MVS or Lazard isn't the issue, it's having 3 or 4 of those kind of players on the roster while complaining that Rodgers throws the ball too much to Adams, the only guy we know without a doubt is a NFL starting caliber WR.  

I don't care what Tom Brady did or didn't do and I never will.  Tom Brady had a coach and front office that operated at an entirely different tier.  Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls where he threw under 30 TDs and fewer than 3700 yards.  Green Bay isn't and never will be New England.  Tom Brady himself said that Rodgers would have thrown for 7000 yards and won a bunch of Super Bowls if he played in New England.   

Like you said, this has been discussed ad nauseam.  I will never believe that we've surrounded Rodgers with good enough talent in regards to pass catchers over the last 5 or 6 years.  There is a reason Thompson invested more premium draft picks into the WR position than any other position on the field his time as GM.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I think a lot has to do with personnel.   I think he wants a say in who is brought in, and much of this is media smoke with little fire.  I believe he wanted Will Fuller brought in during FA, and maybe he told them that and was ignored. 

If thats what this is, I think you give him some say going forward.  I think he deserves that.  Im not talking about taking over the personnel dept,  If a Jared Cook or Cobb (or the like) gets released and Rodgers wants him, go get him.  Im not talking about major trades.

We've ALL seen guys who can improve this team, and dont get a call from GB.   I think that is what Rodgers is talking about.         

Just no. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

That’s a flat-out lie. Not surprising for Sergeant Strawman, though. We get it, you’d prefer there to be *less* criticism of AR. Doesn’t mean you need to exaggerate other’s positions. 

What ever you say big guy.   If you want to act like the 5th down thread doesn't exist or that there were accusations of him intentionally losing games on purpose  by picking incompletions over "wide open WRs"  more power too you.  Frankly I could care less if you feel the need to live with your head because it effects your anti-Rodgers narrative.  

Good luck finding one single post where I said Rodgers didn't deserve criticism.  I know without a doubt that I could find thousands of posts trashing and belittling Rodgers.  Anywhere from his relationship with his family, his personal life or his play on the field.  NOTHIGN is off limits to you trolls.  I mean he was accused of being Kumerow's lover earlier in this exact thread.                         

14 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

We've ALL seen guys who can improve this team, and dont get a call from GB.   I think that is what Rodgers is talking about (or not talking about).   This might be about Gute saying "stay downstairs we got this".              

Wasn't Rodgers supposedly involved in trying to get Jimmy Graham here?  I'll admit...I was excited when we signed him.  But that did not turn out well.

10 minutes ago, SSG said:

I'm telling you that there are thousands of posts throughout out a plethora of threads where Aaron Rodgers and only Aaron Rodgers is blamed.  Very little has ever been said about our inept front office using 10 straight years of 1st round picks on defense with nothing but horrid defenses to show for it.  Meanwhile a scrub like Geronimo Allison, not even talented enough to be drafted gets plugged into the offense as a starter for 4 years expecting Rodgers to make miracles with any warm body management puts in front of him. 

I spent the summer of 2019 being told about how super stars like Jmon Moore, MVS and ESB were being held back from stardom because of our ****ty QB.  Here we are in 2021 and Jmon Moore is a scrub that has been cut by every single team that made the mistake of rostering him.  ESB is still nothing more than a boneheaded practice squad caliber player who's on the cusp of being gone from the NFL forever.  MVS is slightly better version of the guy we seen his rookie year.  A boom or bust #3 who lacks consistency and the ability to step up and take more responsibility when needed (see the 7 games Adams has missed).  Lazard is another WR that was signed off the practice squad that probably isn't all that much better than Allison outside of his blocking.  Having WR player that's the caliber of Allison, MVS or Lazard isn't the issue, it's having 3 or 4 of those kind of players on the roster while complaining that Rodgers throws the ball too much to Adams, the only guy we know without a doubt is a NFL starting caliber WR.  

I don't care what Tom Brady did or didn't do and I never will.  Tom Brady had a coach and front office that operated at an entirely different tier.  Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls where he threw under 30 TDs and fewer than 3700 yards.  Green Bay isn't and never will be New England.  Tom Brady himself said that Rodgers would have thrown for 7000 yards and won a bunch of Super Bowls if he played in New England.   

Like you said, this has been discussed ad nauseam.  I will never believe that we've surrounded Rodgers with good enough talent in regards to pass catchers over the last 5 or 6 years.  There is a reason Thompson invested more premium draft picks into the WR position than any other position on the field his time as GM.  

Please cite one post that declared this.

I spent the summer of 2019 being told about how super stars like Jmon Moore, MVS and ESB were being held back from stardom because of our ****ty QB.  

That should be easy if it happened as much as you say. Unless you're exaggerating again.  Extreme claims that nullify any point you're trying to make.  

You might have a point, but your outlandish statements cancel out any reasonable argument.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SSG said:

No the blame has mainly been on the defense.  Which is why we repeatedly use premium picks there. The only posts I have seen regarding Aaron is performance vs contract.  Even the Tampa loss wasn't on Aaron.  Their Defense simply shut the Packers down.  They did the same thing against KC.  Pass rush was dominant.  Now because we are all pissed at Aaron you are hearing some chatter but not a lot before then.  Biggest critics have been the contract hampering the ability of the team to build around Rodgers.  Which is very true. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

What ever you say big guy.   If you want to act like the 5th down thread doesn't exist or that there were accusations of him intentionally losing games on purpose  by picking incompletions over "wide open WRs"  more power too you.  Frankly I could care less if you feel the need to live with your head because it effects your anti-Rodgers narrative.  

Good luck finding one single post where I said Rodgers didn't deserve criticism.  I know without a doubt that I could find thousands of posts trashing and belittling Rodgers.  Anywhere from his relationship with his family, his personal life or his play on the field.  NOTHIGN is off limits to you trolls.  I mean he was accused of being Kumerow's lover earlier in this exact thread.                         

I mean having no relationship with your family for over a decade while you're quickly approaching 40 is about as big a character flag as a person could have. How long does he intend to shut them out? By the time he's 60 he's going to really regret it when his parents are gone. Unless he truly is as big of a prick as this makes him look like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSG said:

If you want to act like the 5th down thread doesn't exist or that there were accusations of him intentionally losing games on purpose  by picking incompletions over "wide open WRs"  more power too you. 

Nobody ever acted like that didn’t exist, Sergeant Strawman. But that was not the only thing on this board, and there were plenty defenses of AR in that very thread. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Good luck finding one single post where I said Rodgers didn't deserve criticism.

Nobody ever accused you of saying Rodgers “didn’t deserve criticism”.

“Less” is not “zero”. Seriously, it seems like your knee-jerk reaction to everything is to strawman. Try less binary-thinking. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Please cite one post that declared this.

I spent the summer of 2019 being told about how super stars like Jmon Moore, MVS and ESB were being held back from stardom because of our ****ty QB.  

That should be easy if it happened as much as you say. Unless you're exaggerating again.  Extreme claims that nullify any point you're trying to make.  

You might have a point, but your outlandish statements cancel out any reasonable argument.

Yep. What a bunch of horse manure. Muted. As soon as someone starts sarcastically saying anyone thought Jmon Moore was a “superstar”, there’s just no having a discussion with them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

Yah that was pretty bad.  Ole Chili has been smoking to much grass. Remember the 5th down thread.  Was one poster pushing his personal narrative.  2018 and Rodgers did play poorly that year.  As I recall most of the blame was lack of WR's who could separate and MM's offense.  I put the blame on the OC.  

Gonna hear some trash now.  Well when Rodgers gives a big FU to Packer nation that will happen.