Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

15 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

1) Trade him this year.

2) Aquire significant draft capital.

3) Absorb significant dead cap this year.

4) Tank this year.

5) Start afresh from next year. 

This is my thought too. But then you have to wonder what that says to guys like Alexander and Adams who we'd ideally like to retain

Just now, smetana34 said:

This is my thought too. But then you have to wonder what that says to guys like Alexander and Adams who we'd ideally like to retain

probably the same thing it said to Charles Woodson and Greg Jennings in 2007 (their GB careers turned out ok)

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

no it doesn't

i wrote it. I know what it means

how could he possibly increase his legacy without winning games.  By sitting out? By throwing games?  By putting up empty stats?

He's passed the stats threshold and he knows it.  Only thing that matters for his legacy is rings.

If he's not traded, he's going to play, and he's going to play well.  It's really that simple

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Packers weren't a game away in back to back seasons when Ted drafted Rodgers. 

Big difference. 

Gute didn’t draft love after back to back. The went to one championship game... then drafted love.

After of years of decline from Rodgers play, being difficult with the whole McCarthy issue, etc.

Might not be the same but pretty much the same song and dance with a diva QB. Let’s all meet back in 15 years to deal with this same issue for Love.