Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, Scoremore said:

Tells me Rodgers has an ego problem.  It's like a dishwasher telling a Doctor how to do his job.  Rodgers is not in personnel he's the QB.  He does make market value I'll agree with that. 

Of course he has an ego problem. As do all athletes. But so does the FO if they don't listen to their players. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers backpedaling after realizing the media storm isn't that comfortably in his corner and after getting booed a couple days ago lol

I think some of the stuff has gotten even a little ridiculous for him. Like the whole telling teammates not to sign here thing.

• Like 1

Just now, cannondale said:

Of course he has an ego problem. As do all athletes. But so does the FO if they don't listen to their players. 

This is literally the cult of ignorance quote right here.

Democracy doesn't mean that their (player) ignorance (related to personnel moves) is equal to the expert's (general manager's) knowledge.

They 100% should not be "listening" to players. Sure, they can pretend to to stroke egos I guess lol

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SSG said:

There is a 141 page thread that you are welcome too.  There's also his prospect thread.  He was compared to Davante Adams by multiple posters.  The word "elite" was used in reference to some of his abilities.  Like it or not Jmon Moore was viewed as a future star early in his Packer career.  

J'Mon didn't have it between the ears.  He was a good prospect physically.  He was taller, bigger hands, stronger, ever so slightly slower and worse at jumping than Davante.  Moore was the second leading WR in the SEC both as a junior and senior.  Tale as old as time, he just wasn't good enough to make it in the NFL, for whatever reason.  But it was not that he was not a good prospect.

J'Mon Moore:  https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=27197

Davante Adams:  https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=20912

I can all but guarantee that MVS and EQ out worked him, and that is why they are still in the league and he is not.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Democracy doesn't mean that their (player) ignorance (related to personnel moves) is equal to the expert's (general manager's) knowledge.

They 100% should not be "listening" to players. Sure, they can pretend to to stroke egos I guess lol

Note I said listen. Obviously your stance is dump Rodgers at all costs.

As Jones said, the Packers haven't gone out of their way to put everything into winning now, while Rodgers is still around.

Is that quote wrong ?

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think some of the stuff has gotten even a little ridiculous for him. Like the whole telling teammates not to sign here thing.

Even if he told players to sign with Green Bay, how were we going to do that this year?  

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

i would venture a guess that close to 75% of the stories are pure garbage speculation. Could be higher than that honestly. Once it started people started it's easy and no one cares. The stories come out to fast and furious for anyone to fact check. 

AR is using agents to put some truth out now and as Incog suggested back pedal.........or what I would call calming the waters a bit. I really don't think he ever wanted to leave, but maybe wanted to do some stomping. Ball is and has always been in his court. Win and you're in...........I don't think Gute and Co trade him off a SB championship. So win AR and keep Love on the bench, force GB to trade him by doing what you seem to think you can do. 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

As Jones said, the Packers haven't gone out of their way to put everything into winning now, while Rodgers is still around.

Is that quote wrong ?

But what does going “out of their way to put everything into winning now” look like?

I mean if it more offensive weapons? Is it defense?

Just now, Green19 said:

But what does going “out of their way to put everything into winning now” look like?

I mean if it more offensive weapons? Is it defense?

If you polled all the players in the locker room, how many would say that the Gary, Love, and Dillon picks were for the future ??

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Is that quote wrong ?

What does this have to do with letting players in on personnel decisions?

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Is that quote wrong ?

Yes I'd argue it is.  Gute pushed a lot of money out to keep this team together.  We are in cap hell next year.  Jones, Bak, and Clark all got done. You can't just snap your fingers and get everything you want. Their are constraints.  Now you could argue that Gute should mortgage the future.  That is rarely a good idea and seldom works out.  Love pick was for the future but also insurance against a lost season if Aaron misses a lot of time.  Need a competent back up you can still win with. So even that pick could end up saving a season where we are in contention.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

As much as I would want to agree and to tote the company line, it's of value to at least hear your employees. I mean what is our stance if AR had just won the SB are we saying listen to the man he won it all..........or because he can't win it all are we saying his voice shouldn't count. 

I go back and forth on this, Dam. i guess like your last but stroke the ego listen and still do what is best for the club and hope you're right if your TT or Gute.