Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Note I said listen. Obviously your stance is dump Rodgers at all costs.

As Jones said, the Packers haven't gone out of their way to put everything into winning now, while Rodgers is still around.

Is that quote wrong ?

Yes, few are intelligent enough to see that going all in comes immediately followed by a roster purge. You can go 75-80% of the way in every year and do it continuously without having to purge your roster. This is what we've done. Maximized the sustainable option for roster building.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If you polled all the players in the locker room, how many would say that the Gary, Love, and Dillon picks were for the future ??

So it’s just about their drafting habits? Because I would argue Gary and Dillon help this super bowl window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Note I said listen. Obviously your stance is dump Rodgers at all costs.

As Jones said, the Packers haven't gone out of their way to put everything into winning now, while Rodgers is still around.

Is that quote wrong ?

I think that it is.  Spotrac has us with 3.5ish million dollars to spend.  What more can we do? Where is the magical 3 million dollar, elite put us over the top FA? 

We spent the money. Is it because Robert Tonyan is a UDFA? MVS wasn't a first round pick? Does Aaron Jones score special 9 point TDs if he was a day 1 pick?

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers backpedaling after realizing the media storm isn't that comfortably in his corner and after getting booed a couple days ago lol

More like Shefter may have intentionally ruined draft day weekend for me. Normally a top weekend of the year I look forward to as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

What about the last 2 windows ?

What about them? Rodgers didn’t blow up during those. And define those windows because was that under Gute?

As far as I can see Gute has tried to make this the best team for Rodgers to win in the twilight of his career.

I hear you, but why pull this now when you have the team to do it?

also in either of those windows was that when Rodgers was battling collarbone injuries? 

Edited by Green19

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

As much as I would want to agree and to tote the company line, it's of value to at least hear your employees. I mean what is our stance if AR had just won the SB are we saying listen to the man he won it all..........or because he can't win it all are we saying his voice shouldn't count. 

I go back and forth on this, Dam. i guess like your last but stroke the ego listen and still do what is best for the club and hope you're right if your TT or Gute. 

I 100% agree it's important to hear what they have to say and take it into consideration. 

But it is not "ego" to recognize when you're the one getting paid to make the final decision and making it. 

There are things Rodgers can and does weigh in on with the coaches and front office. Being involved in draft strategy and decisions should not be one of them, however.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

What about the last 2 windows ?

Ughhh...drafting isn't about the now.  You should know what.  Rarely do rookies make an instant impact.  It takes a few years to develop your players.  Gary and Dillion will both have a big impact this year believe it. 

12 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

More like Shefter may have intentionally ruined draft day weekend for me. Normally a top weekend of the year I look forward to as well.

Schefter can kiss my ***. I take draft week as vacation every year and this killed the second half of the week for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ughhh...drafting isn't about the now.  You should know what.  Rarely do rookies make an instant impact.  It takes a few years to develop your players.  Gary and Dillion will both have a big impact this year believe it. 

It's not 1978

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The last window before this one was in 2007.

Our window has been open since 2009.

Well they took a QB the year after the NFC Championship. How many players look at that as a future pick ?