Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I really like JuJu's contract at that level.  Obviously JuJu got a bigger 2021 cap hit, but lower GTD money, and only 1 year.

I also would have considered Emmanuel Sanders with 2021 "All-In" in mind on exactly the deal he got (5M for 1 year)

I don't love Jones' shelf life, I don't like that he has a decent amt of dead money in 2023 and 2024 and I think Dillon can provide similar production with our more than solid O-Line. 

I can't argue with any of that. I'd have loved JJSS here. And I'd pick him over Jones, too, I think.

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers to Gute:  what about Sanders, can we get him?

Gute:  Go back downstairs, we got Jeff Janis, and dont come up here again.

You have that backwards

Rodgers would be the one pounding the table for the Janis, Kumerow and Abbrederis's of the world lol

Lazard: 3.3 receptions, 45.1 yards, 0.3 TD
Sanders: 4.4 receptions, 51.9 yards, 0.4 TD

Exactly what's the difference here? 1 catch and 6 yards? It's really only a name value thing IRT Sanders compared to Lazard.

Can even go back to 2019 for Sanders, if you want.

3.9 receptions, 51.1 yards, 0.3 TD

LIS, he's name value at this point.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

every single move of this offseason was done with 2021 in mind, and now there's a huge problem with that.

Regarding 2022, the team is looking rather handicapped there too

I don't think Linsley walking or drafting Stokes were done with 2021 in mind (above other years).

We didn't really have many "moves" to judge, either.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So GB font office is to listen to the input from Rodgers.  If they disagree and go a different route, you think Rodgers is all happy with that?

Rodgers was reportedly disregarding play calls from the HC and calling what he wanted.

Explain to him why.   I'm not talking about having him in meetings and reviewing film.  He knows the league, if he wants a player that's been cut, look into it.  If there's anyone who knows these Packer receivers limitations, its Rodgers.  Hear him out.  

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lazard: 3.3 receptions, 45.1 yards, 0.3 TD
Sanders: 4.4 receptions, 51.9 yards, 0.4 TD

Exactly what's the difference here? 1 catch and 6 yards? It's really only a name value thing IRT Sanders compared to Lazard.

Can even go back to 2019 for Sanders, if you want.

3.9 receptions, 51.1 yards, 0.3 TD

LIS, he's name value at this point.

He's an experienced guy that you can pepper with 12-15 targets if the team is throwing the kitchen sink at Adams.

He was also playing with noodle arm drew brees saddled and overburdened as the de facto #1 receiver.

Sanders in GB would be a huge upgrade on Lazard because he would rightfully earn the trust of the QB.

Sanders is a good #2 receiver, Lazard is a fine #3.

We were good enough to win it all last year and we practically ran it back sans bringing back an aging IOL who we immediately replaced with a premium pick. The bounces didn't work in our favor and that's really all there is to it. You don't "accidentally" go 14-4 and to b2b NFC title games. You go do that because your team and/or coaching is elite. 

Don't really understand the whining about a WR#2 when we proved that the offense functions at a very high level as is. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think Linsley walking or drafting Stokes were done with 2021 in mind (above other years).

We didn't really have many "moves" to judge, either.

The Kenny Clark Deal, the cap crunch we did.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

We were good enough to win it all last year and we practically ran it back sans bringing back an aging IOL who we immediately replaced with a premium pick. The bounces didn't work in our favor and that's really all there is to it. You don't "accidentally" go 14-4 and to b2b NFC title games. You go do that because your team and/or coaching is elite. 

Don't really understand the whining about a WR#2 when we proved that the offense functions at a very high level as is. 

you call it WR2 whining, I call it simping for Aaron Jones.  Rest of your point I agree with.  Team is pretty stacked

Edited by skibrett15

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

He's an experienced guy that you can pepper with 12-15 targets if the team is throwing the kitchen sink at Adams.

He was also playing with noodle arm drew brees saddled and overburdened as the de facto #1 receiver.

Sanders in GB would be a huge upgrade on Lazard because he would rightfully earn the trust of the QB.

Sanders is a good #2 receiver, Lazard is a fine #3.

So what was the excuse in Denver and San Francisco when he put up a very similar per game stat line in 2 other offenses, including one very similar to our own?

Lazard is fine. Sanders isn't a significant upgrade at this point in his career. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Schefter probably is not lying.  Rodgers did not tell him as he needs plausible deniability so you let someone with knowledge of the situation talk about it. Could have been his agent, could have been a player he is close to, could have also been someone inside 1265.

Let's face it.  You now have multiple reports of Rodgers doing the following:

1.  Telling free agents not to come to Green Bay because he would not be there in 2021.  (If true how if that not undermining the team, what is?).

2.  Chatting with other players and calling Gute...Krause.  Passive-aggressive nature shows again.

3.  Turned down an offer to restructure his contract.  (Ok I can understand this...he wanted an extension and certainty).

4.  Turned down an offer to extend his contract.  (Now I'm a little confused...isn't this what he wanted).

5.  When told that the Packers were going to convert his Roster bonus to gain cap space (which they could do without his permission), he objected so the Packers did not do it.

6.  Made clear to the team he was finished with them and wanted to be traded to one of four teams.

7.  Reportedly was told of the trade offer from San Fran to the Packers from someone outside 1265 and let the Packers know they should have taken the offer.  (Now who could that have been).  

8.  Reported to be ACTIVELY investigating Denver's interest in him and was attempting to get more information on it.  How did he even know that Denver was interested before the draft?  (If its his agent...that's tampering)

I actually think Schefter did know of the discord but was told to keep a lid on it from both the Packers and from the Rodgers camp as Rodgers hoped he would get traded.  If the lid was kept on this and then he was traded to the 49er's as he hoped, Rodgers would say to Packer fans that he wanted to stay a Packer forever but Packer management traded him.  It would have boiled the fan base and Gute and Murphy would be vilified by the fans.  Rodgers would have looked like the victim and the fan base would have rallied around him.

But when the Packers turned down the 49'ers trade offer, the leaks turned into an open faucet.  Paul Allen talked about the trade Thursday morning on the radio about 2 hours before Schefter "broke" the story.  Once Paul talked about it (and he did not talk about the friction between Rodgers and the team), Schefter probably felt like he had no other choice as being 1st is important to guys like him and others would soon be talking about it.  With the stories breaking all around, he is losing control of the narrative....and if there is one thing I am certain of...he is a CONTROL FREAK.

Now, Rodgers is starting to look like the bad guy and he needs help.  Hey...time to call those team mates and let them do his PR work for him.  For a guy that has no problem telling EVERYONE he wants to be the Jeopardy host, he cannot seem to muster up enough courage to talk to reporters.  Of course, that would mean answering questions, which he is wise NOT to do.

If this gets resolved, he WILL throw the press under the bus as he always does and say they made up a bunch of stories and it was never as bad as reported (which may, or may not be true).

Well just read the Schefty denial.  He is full of crap.  Lier lier pants on fire.  That was one of the weakest denials I have ever heard.  Telling me you are just sitting on this for months accumulating information and decide to drop a bomb hours before the draft.  It was leaked to him by Dunn and he ran with it.  This was a hit job plain and simple.  It's the timing it's all about the timing.  Nah there is no doubt in my mind. They were trying to force a trade. Some really dirty sheet.