Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

you call it WR2 whining, I call it simping for Aaron Jones.  Rest of your point I agree with.  Team is pretty stacked

What? Where have I ever "simped" (whatever the **** that is) for Jones? I didn't even mention Aaron Jones lol.

We don't need a big name #2 WR in this offense to succeed. That much is a given. MLF gets everyone open.

58 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

How about a high-quality #2 WR?

Gutes very first move was to try and sign Robinson. More recently he allegedly tried to trade up for a WR in '20, tried to trade for Fuller and courted S-S in free agency. Those attempted moves are an admission that there's a shortcoming.

He settled for Funchess last year, who's probably better than Lazard, but the rest of the league wasn't beating down his door with $10m/yr offers. Obtaining a high-quality WR2 seems important to Gute but he's never gone the extra mile to actually land one.       

But everything is a balance... the team has clearly tried. They just have limits.

So as a fan would you be ok with Gute using that 2nd, that turned into their likely starting Center, on Fuller? Remember that would of gotten suspended...

I get it... pull the trigger but on some level their needs to be a level headed mind behind that trigger.

It's seriously the Favre fiasco in some regards. It sounds like they did listen to Rodgers in a pot of ways, they were inquiring about guys he might have been interested in and didn't think it was good value. It's like I said about "giving him a heads up about drafting Love", what if Rodgers says "no I don't like that, get me x" instead? 

Just now, beekay414 said:

So what was the excuse in Denver and San Francisco when he put up a very similar per game stat line in 2 other offenses, including one very similar to our own?

Lazard is fine. Sanders isn't a significant upgrade at this point in his career. 

bad teams and run-first teams again, overburdened as a #1 option.

Sanders is just an exceptional route runner with pristine hands who is a little old.  Lazard is just a product of the MLF offense and Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Sanders is just an exceptional route runner with pristine hands who is a little old.  Lazard is just a product of the MLF offense and Aaron Rodgers.

Sounds like a stretch to me. He's nothing but name value at this point. Nothing he does takes this offense to another level than it's currently at.

I don't feel like "the team that has finished 2nd in their conference for the last 2 years" means "that team doesn't do enough to win games."

Like there's a lot of reasons that the team has not made it over the hump, but "not investing into winning" is certainly not one of them.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Sounds like a stretch to me. He's nothing but name value at this point. Nothing he does takes this offense to another level than it's currently at.

ok.  Buffalo Disagrees.

Personally, I don't think Rodgers had a problem with "not enough targets" but he didn't have a 2nd reliable target

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Rodgers would argue otherwise... he says Lazard is a hard worker and is what he is because of Lazard himself.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

ok.  Buffalo Disagrees.

Personally, I don't think Rodgers had a problem with "not enough targets" but he didn't have a 2nd reliable target

The scheme provides him with plenty of reliable targets otherwise he wouldn't have posted a 70% completion percentage and 48 TDs.

And good for Buffalo. Sanders doesn't do anything to help put that offense over the top either. Very similar scenario except we have a legit #1 borderline elite RB and they don't.

4 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

The comments that Rodgers wouldn't have played well without drafting love is absurd. This is bizarre 

The arrow was pretty firmly pointing down for Rodgers the three years prior to Love arriving. Injuries, dip in performance, awful body language and eye rolls. All that disappeared this past year. What's your explanation for the turn around? 

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

The arrow was pretty firmly pointing down for Rodgers the three years prior to Love arriving. Injuries, dip in performance, awful body language and eye rolls. All that disappeared this past year. What's your explanation for the turn around? 

sometimes players play well on good teams that set them up for success.  Sometimes great players play just good or ok for multiple years, then have further great or amazing seasons.

Giving some sort of credit to Gute for Rodgers' season for drafting Love is cute and was funny for the first 30 mins after the pick, but it's a ridiculous argument.

I feel the Andrew Brandt comment is relevant now... these arguments are just getting circular.

Fact is Rodgers has enough to win a Super Bowl currently... and has for the last 2 season. It’s a fact because the proof is there, they have been in the final four each year. And funny enough, one year Rodgers wasn’t the driving force and the other he was.

The problem with going “all in” is when the random chaos of the sport deals a death blow that is unforeseen. Ala Bakh’s acl injury in practice before the playoffs. People need to realize sh*t happens. Just because they go all in doesn’t mean it will be their year.

Let’s not act like Rodgers has been playing with a squad of losers for all/most of his career because he hasn’t.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What? Where have I ever "simped" (whatever the **** that is) for Jones? I didn't even mention Aaron Jones lol.

We don't need a big name #2 WR in this offense to succeed. That much is a given. MLF gets everyone open.

Open is one thing, Catching the ball is another. Lazard and MVS had 10.9% and 11.1% drop rates in '20. Adams? .7%