Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, Les Punting said:

Open is one thing, Catching the ball is another. Lazard and MVS had 10.9% and 11.1% drop rates in '20. Adams? .7% 

Ok... now compare MVS and Lazard to other 2nd/3rd WRs in the league. Not arguably the best wr in the game... because it’s not like they are going to get 2 of those on the same team.

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What? Where have I ever "simped" (whatever the **** that is) for Jones? I didn't even mention Aaron Jones lol.

We don't need a big name #2 WR in this offense to succeed. That much is a given. MLF gets everyone open.

the discussion was who would you sign rather than re-sign Jones.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Ok... now compare MVS and Lazard to other 2nd/3rd WRs in the league. Not arguably the best wr in the game... because it’s not like they are going to get 2 of those on the same team.

Not going to look it up, but I'll bet there isn't a single #2/#3WR combo an any team with a worse drop rate.

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I feel the Andrew Brandt comment is relevant now... these arguments are just getting circular.

Fact is Rodgers has enough to win a Super Bowl currently... and has for the last 2 season. It’s a fact because the proof is there, they have been in the final four each year. And funny enough, one year Rodgers wasn’t the driving force and the other he was.

The problem with going “all in” is when the random chaos of the sport deals a death blow that is unforeseen. Ala Bakh’s acl injury in practice before the playoffs. People need to realize sh*t happens. Just because they go all in doesn’t mean it will be their year.

Let’s not act like Rodgers has been playing with a squad of losers for all/most of his career because he hasn’t.

Unbelievably well said. The phrase that drives me the most crazy is the overused “Green Bay builds their team to get into the playoffs, not win Super Bowls” as if there is any difference in building a team for those as two distinct goals. I’m sorry, there’s not. There’s not some “magical formula” for guaranteeing a super bowl win vs. getting to the NFC Championship game. Any fan that says this is only operating from the hindsight that GB fell short in the play-in game. 

From GB in 2010, to Baltimore, to Philly (oh god lol Philly), there is a vast amount of evidence that shows that you need a playoff-worthy roster (probably a good QB, or at least one having a good season) and THEN to get hot in the postseason, and that’s how you win Super Bowls. 

Tom Brady has broken brains and shattered expectations forever, both in New England and now in Tampa Bay, and it’s going to make a lot of fans unreasonable, and maybe some players too. It’s the worst thing that could have happened to the 31 other teams. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Tom Brady has broken brains and shattered expectations forever, both in New England and now in Tampa Bay

Absolutely and it only helps that he's got a 4 leaf clover shoved up his ***. Dude gets more bounces than any person reasonably ever should. Never seen one man so lucky.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

mostly you just picked out the part about sanders

Made a comment about Sanders, sure. Followed it up with a comment about the team being good enough as is.  The whining about a #2 WR should've been put to rest after last season. MLF schemes everyone open. Rodgers doesn't post the stat line he does if he didn't have reliable targets. He didn't just magically pull that season out of his *** nor did he "make" any of the receivers he threw to. 

Last Sanders post I'm going to make. He's 34 years old and signed with a team, for one year, to be the third target. Allen and Beasley mesh so you can bet a ton of money on Beasley outproducing Sanders. It's also an offense in a similar position to ours where he's not going to significantly impact it. Definitely not at the expense of a better option elsewhere.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

every single move of this offseason was done with 2021 in mind, and now there's a huge problem with that.

Regarding 2022, the team is looking rather handicapped there too

I don't think Adams is extended.

Preston is very likely gone after 2021.

But in the end, GB cap situation is not great, so Rodgers potentially not being in GB would be a tough pill to swallow given some of the offseason moves.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Just imagine us not getting 28 wins the last two years and just enjoying probably a top 5 QB season of all time.

Baker Mayfield plus Myles Garrett and we have a Super Bowl win by now ya dingus.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Explain to him why.   I'm not talking about having him in meetings and reviewing film.  He knows the league, if he wants a player that's been cut, look into it.  If there's anyone who knows these Packer receivers limitations, its Rodgers.  Hear him out.  

Fine to do.  No guarantee he is happy with the decision or the explanation. 

Smartest guy in the room have that tendency